Does magnesium glycinate increase dht?

For the record as someone with PFS who would greatly benefit from any increase in 5AR1, I have never felt cognitively better from Glycine at all. If anything it is sedating and sleep-inducing, and higher doses just gave me headaches.

cupofcoffee

Thank you! I thought T was converted to dht via both 5 ar1 + 2, am i wrong?
you're right, even if as far as i know glycine increases mainly the progesterone -> allopregnanolone conversion and i haven't seen a study showing increased DHT, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that it also increases DHT.

Inaut

So chamomile tea with collagen/gelatin for da win? My favourite night time tea these days.

I know this thread is about mag glycinate but yea...

OP
M

Mel_()

you're right, even if as far as i know glycine increases mainly the progesterone -> allopregnanolone conversion and i haven't seen a study showing increased DHT, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that it also increases DHT.
Thanks. Having read the anecdotal experiences with glycine use it seems its impact is insubstantial though. A shame.

OP
M

Mel_()

For the record as someone with PFS who would greatly benefit from any increase in 5AR1, I have never felt cognitively better from Glycine at all. If anything it is sedating and sleep-inducing, and higher doses just gave me headaches.
I’ve read similar experiences on propecia help