• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Does magnesium glycinate increase dht?

For the record as someone with PFS who would greatly benefit from any increase in 5AR1, I have never felt cognitively better from Glycine at all. If anything it is sedating and sleep-inducing, and higher doses just gave me headaches.

cupofcoffee

Thank you! I thought T was converted to dht via both 5 ar1 + 2, am i wrong?
you're right, even if as far as i know glycine increases mainly the progesterone -> allopregnanolone conversion and i haven't seen a study showing increased DHT, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that it also increases DHT.

Inaut

So chamomile tea with collagen/gelatin for da win? My favourite night time tea these days.

I know this thread is about mag glycinate but yea...

Mel_()

you're right, even if as far as i know glycine increases mainly the progesterone -> allopregnanolone conversion and i haven't seen a study showing increased DHT, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that it also increases DHT.
Thanks. Having read the anecdotal experiences with glycine use it seems its impact is insubstantial though. A shame.

Mel_()

For the record as someone with PFS who would greatly benefit from any increase in 5AR1, I have never felt cognitively better from Glycine at all. If anything it is sedating and sleep-inducing, and higher doses just gave me headaches.
I’ve read similar experiences on propecia help

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Does transdermal magnesium chloride get into the blood streem thru the skin? does it gets to the liver? Ask For Help or Advice 4
Sam321 Does speed of magnesium spray absorption correlate current levels of magnesium in system? Ask For Help or Advice 0
R Does Sugar Waste Magnesium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
N Does Having High Blood Magnesium Mean I Am Effectively Retaining Magnesium Magnesium 5
A Does High Dose Vitamin C Increase The Body's Requirements For Magnesium (or Sodium) ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
JohnBonham Does Magnesium Deplete Sodium? Supplements 3
B Does Magnesium Interact With Vitamin A? (positively Interact) Magnesium 1
B Does Vitamin A Interact With Magnesium? A 1
raypeatclips Does Anyone Know The Usefulness Of Magnesium Blood Tests? Experiments 9
ecstatichamster Does Taking Aspirin With Taurine Or Magnesium Diminish GI Discomfort? Aspirin 6
Giraffe Magnesium Chloride Slows Gastric Emptying, But Does Not Affect Digestive Functions Digestion, Gut Flora 3
Parsifal Does Processed Sugar Use Magnesium? Ask For Help or Advice 72
C Why Does Cascara Sagrada & Magnesium Irritate My Butthole? Digestion 47
Parsifal Does Caffeine Deplete Magnesium, Calcium And B Vitamins Or Cause Muscle Tension? Coffee 18
TypicalJock Does Vitamin E have any contributions to food intolerance? Digestion 0
SOMO Does DHT convert back to testosterone? Ask For Help or Advice 3
JamesGatz Does a large beard strongly support metabolism ? Miscellaneous 4
Grapelander What Does All-Cause Mortality Tell Us About The Covid Pandemic? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 2
Lokzo Ivermectin reduces motor coordination, serum testosterone, and central neurotransmitter levels but does not affect sexual motivation in male rats Scientific Studies 10
Lokzo Does serotonin deficiency lead to anosmia, ageusia, dysfunctional chemesthesis and increased severity of illness in COVID-19? Scientific Studies 23
JamesGatz Does Peating (over-time) decrease the size of your stomach by increasing the size of your brain - changing your food tolerance (fruit/starch) Miscellaneous 4
PointOutside What's the consensus on tanning beds? How does it compare to the real thing? Metabolism 27
JamesGatz Do we really need 7-8 hours of sleep ? Does low stress/faster metabolism lower the time our body's require to rest ? Miscellaneous 20
-Luke- Does it matter if I peel potatoes before or after cooking? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 4
CHEESEHEAD69 Does Ray Peat have an account on this forum? Ask For Help or Advice 17
JamesGatz Does tying the hair back into a bun or ponytail reduce serotonin relative to wearing the hair down ? Miscellaneous 17
eat my peat Does Cyproheptadine Lower Androgens? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
F How does vaccine shedding cause cells to permanently produce the spike protein but the virus doesn't? Vaccines 21
P Does Idealab Has Potassium and Aspirin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
A Why does Vitamin E gives me uterine cramps... Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
JamesGatz Does a larger skull on a person signal higher intelligence ? Examining intelligence of animals with high brain-to-body (EQ) Ratios Miscellaneous 20
A Does Niacinamide/Aspirin mitgate beneficial effects of SAT FAT Diet 1
JamesGatz Does the mere action of gripping an object firmly reduce serotonin ? Miscellaneous 8
PointOutside Why does T3 solo feel way better than T4/T3? Metabolism 31
N Does body elevate phosphate on purpose? Health 2
C Why does everything "good" make my acne worse? Ask For Help or Advice 7
TypicalJock What does light green stool usually mean? Ask For Help or Advice 15
TypicalJock Why does cyproheptadine give me cold hands and feet? Ask For Help or Advice 3
PeatandPotatoes What does Georgi Dinkov (haidut) eat in a day? haidut 4
nigma Does elemental transmutation provide part of an organisms biological energy? Metabolism 6
T Does anyone know where do get Cynoplus tablets in Europe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
M Does topical zinc get absorbed? Ask For Help or Advice 11
U Does tobacco lower estrogen? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
L Does BDNF cause hair loss? Scientific Studies 4
Gadreel Does safed musli lower dht Male Issues 1
M Do policosanols and vitamin b1 have any interactions with other nutrients? how does thiamine affect methyl groups, other b vitamins and histamine? Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Does whey protein contain enzymes like some cheeses? how does it compare to dried milk powder? Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Why does iodine hurt my thyroid? Thyroid and Hormones 34
L Does Anyone Else Feel That No One Is Really Alive Anymore? Society 60
M Does Ascorbic acid really decrease Ceruloplasmin? Ask For Help or Advice 43