Does liver from grain-fed animals contain vitamin A?

In my country, the majority of liver you can buy seems to come from grain-fed animals. Would these livers even contain vitamin A, seeing as the animal needs carotene to make the vitamin A (frozen too, as you can't get fresh)? I've been eating lots of liver, and it hasn't really made me feel any better or improved symptoms which I associated with a theorized vitamin A deficiency. Thanks!

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

In my country, the majority of liver you can buy seems to come from grain-fed animals. Would these livers even contain vitamin A, seeing as the animal needs carotene to make the vitamin A (frozen too, as you can't get fresh)? I've been eating lots of liver, and it hasn't really made me feel any better or improved symptoms which I associated with a theorized vitamin A deficiency. Thanks!
it still has some but grass fed can be multiples times higher than grain fed.from wich animal come the liver?i have seen that lamb concentrate more retinol than beef,and beef concentrate more carotenes,so go for lamb if you can.

OP
deliciousfruit
it still has some but grass fed can be multiples times higher than grain fed.from wich animal come the liver?i have seen that lamb concentrate more retinol than beef,and beef concentrate more carotenes,so go for lamb if you can.
I was getting beef liver. Thanks for the information!