Does Lisuride Like Lsd Make You Think About Present/future?

Frankdee20

I have taken LSD 2 times in my younger days, triple dipped white lightning. I had a bad trip on a full tab of Acid for the second occasion. I can recall thinking about how everything relates together, during the good trip. Even when the bad trip came on, my fears were still rooted in the present and future. Specifically, fearing I would be in the state of dissasociation and fear forever. I am inclined to agree with this assertion.

OP
C

chanlaw

I have taken LSD 2 times in my younger days, triple dipped white lightning. I had a bad trip on a full tab of Acid for the second occasion. I can recall thinking about how everything relates together, during the good trip. Even when the bad trip came on, my fears were still rooted in the present and future. Specifically, fearing I would be in the state of dissasociation and fear forever. I am inclined to agree with this assertion.
Does lisuride work like that? I have no method of getting lsd so probably get lisurdie from haidut

Frankdee20

I guess I was referring and confirming LSD's capacity to do this.

The benefit of a mind-altering substance comes when it's taken with an open mind. Trying to pin LSD (or anything for that matter from coffee to donuts to tobacco, etc) as a perspective forfeits the potential benefit.

I mean to say that the benefit of such substances is the welcoming of an unknown perspective... and doing the opposite by anticipating an incoming perspective rules out the potential for an experience of the unknown.

LSD is no different than anything else including a sober waking consciousness. If taken, allow Nature to communicate through you rather than attempting to force answers out of Nature. Anticipation comes from chaos... And if one is to anticipate chaos, they'll soon feel as though they're drowning. This is commonly expressed as having a bad trip.

Yes, acid bumps dopamine up, clears serotonin, and makes for an electrical connection to parts of the brain that normally don't receive static from each other... But to relate these physical measurements to an overarching perspective is to cross an objective reality with a subjective one.

The answers you seek are within you and contrary to what culture will have you believe, they are readily accessible in every waking moment regardless of whatever substance has been most recently ingested.

With that said... if seeking assistance from such a substance, at the very least pay it respect by abstaining from expectation or other preconceived conceptualization so that you may experience it's truest potential. Conceptualization of the existence of a past, present, and/or future do little to amend the woes of depression... Because depression is an ongoing experience, not an isolated event.

GAF

Beautifully written 2hands...

Exploring is present and future. Do that and the past will fade because one's past is so boring.

The benefit of a mind-altering substance comes when it's taken with an open mind. Trying to pin LSD (or anything for that matter from coffee to donuts to tobacco, etc) as a perspective forfeits the potential benefit.

I mean to say that the benefit of such substances is the welcoming of an unknown perspective... and doing the opposite by anticipating an incoming perspective rules out the potential for an experience of the unknown.

LSD is no different than anything else including a sober waking consciousness. If taken, allow Nature to communicate through you rather than attempting to force answers out of Nature. Anticipation comes from chaos... And if one is to anticipate chaos, they'll soon feel as though they're drowning. This is commonly expressed as having a bad trip.

Yes, acid bumps dopamine up, clears serotonin, and makes for an electrical connection to parts of the brain that normally don't receive static from each other... But to relate these physical measurements to an overarching perspective is to cross an objective reality with a subjective one.

The answers you seek are within you and contrary to what culture will have you believe, they are readily accessible in every waking moment regardless of whatever substance has been most recently ingested.

With that said... if seeking assistance from such a substance, at the very least pay it respect by abstaining from expectation or other preconceived conceptualization so that you may experience it's truest potential. Conceptualization of the existence of a past, present, and/or future do little to amend the woes of depression... Because depression is an ongoing experience, not an isolated event.
So true man

Mauritio

It is said in the thread link below that lsd makes you think about present and future. I tend to live in past and am depressed about it.
Does lisuride work like lsd in that sense?

LSD Forces People To Think About The Present/future And Not The Past
I Would say so . I think I often live in the very near future like : "what am I doing next "? But i found it makes you think more about life in general where you are and where you want to go ...
Also found that oral vitamin a sometimes has the same benefit...

Amazigh

Does anyone know if an HT2A antagonist (eg. famotidine, cyproheptadine) is taken before a psychedelic, such as LSD, will it dampen the effect? And can these HT2A antagonists stop a trip?

Kunstruct

Cyproheptadine, some take 0.5mg and some 5mg per day.
I would say by taking 1mg per day at random, so not constantly, I am not too happy about what I dream.
Sort of like I am not too happy when I took Zinc.
I have to experiment further.

As for Lisuride it has a very low half-life, around 2 hours. I am not sure why this is not discussed more, this is one of the reasons which is hardly used anymore and pretty was never used extensively. I have looked into so many fertility and prolactine studies but lisuride is not something common. It does sound cool indeed and it is cheaper than others when not prescribed. I sometimes feel certain effects for around 30minutes on Lisuride after which they go away pretty quickly.
Does it make you think more about the present or future? Well it can make you acutely think about the matters at hand, so that would be present.
Dosage also matters, never took more than 25mcg to 50mcg. Considering it's half-life I think I would rather get Metergoline again.

Anders86

Does anyone know if an HT2A antagonist (eg. famotidine, cyproheptadine) is taken before a psychedelic, such as LSD, will it dampen the effect? And can these HT2A antagonists stop a trip?

I think you are rather a step closer and need less.

Momado965

I Would say so . I think I often live in the very near future like : "what am I doing next "? But i found it makes you think more about life in general where you are and where you want to go ...
Also found that oral vitamin a sometimes has the same benefit...

I agree with that. Also when I changed to a ray peat diet I am always looking ahead. Although when I am stressed I think of the past and imagine scenarios.

inthedark

Cyproheptadine, some take 0.5mg and some 5mg per day.
I would say by taking 1mg per day at random, so not constantly, I am not too happy about what I dream.
Sort of like I am not too happy when I took Zinc.
I have to experiment further.

As for Lisuride it has a very low half-life, around 2 hours. I am not sure why this is not discussed more, this is one of the reasons which is hardly used anymore and pretty was never used extensively. I have looked into so many fertility and prolactine studies but lisuride is not something common. It does sound cool indeed and it is cheaper than others when not prescribed. I sometimes feel certain effects for around 30minutes on Lisuride after which they go away pretty quickly.
Does it make you think more about the present or future? Well it can make you acutely think about the matters at hand, so that would be present.
Dosage also matters, never took more than 25mcg to 50mcg. Considering it's half-life I think I would rather get Metergoline again.

LSD is almost three hours, but I can speak to it’s having effects that last much longer than that, even at a low dose. Looking at half life of psychoactive substances tells you almost nothing. IMO The lasting effects of these substances are from subtle or drastic changes of perspective and sudden relief from learned helplessness and anxious worry. The peak experience has a cascading effect on how we experience and perceive reality long after the substance ceases to be chemically detected in the body, and even after the effects cease to consciously felt. These changes in consciousness can then pave the way for lasting physiological changes prompted by the new perspective and experience.

Of course this is all contingent first on consciousness, and on the context of taking these drugs, the beliefs brought to the experiencing etc etc, thus we have good and bad trips, and people who describe a range of effects from none to life altering.

But I really do think that lowering stress hormones substantially, even for just a couple hours, can presage cascading lasting changes.

Of course we all have varying experiences with all these substances, and it makes sense to prefer some over others, given our different contexts.

LSD is almost three hours, but I can speak to it’s having effects that last much longer than that, even at a low dose. Looking at half life of psychoactive substances tells you almost nothing. IMO The lasting effects of these substances are from subtle or drastic changes of perspective and sudden relief from learned helplessness and anxious worry. The peak experience has a cascading effect on how we experience and perceive reality long after the substance ceases to be chemically detected in the body, and even after the effects cease to consciously felt. These changes in consciousness can then pave the way for lasting physiological changes prompted by the new perspective and experience.

Of course this is all contingent first on consciousness, and on the context of taking these drugs, the beliefs brought to the experiencing etc etc, thus we have good and bad trips, and people who describe a range of effects from none to life altering.

But I really do think that lowering stress hormones substantially, even for just a couple hours, can presage cascading lasting changes.
I think my mother did acid “back in the day” she can be cranky sometimes but her outlook on life is very positive despite being older and going through a lot she is very positive. My gf has also tried it a few times and is very positive as well. Of my male friends two more who I’m close with have tried it and they both liked it and I think they have changed for the better within their own lives. Me personally I have never tried it but now I’m curious as I have a couple experiences with shrooms and would like to see what LSD is like.

You write very well by the way. Brilliant summary of LSD :)

Arnold Grape

I think you are rather a step closer and need less.
Agreed with this: I’m at about .5 cyproheptadine and notice on occasion a sense of near euphoria, especially when taken with a touch of vitamin e oil or bit of aspirin— there is a better mind/ body connection that I can discern, with a renewed ability to get deep into music or other things. This may be somewhat akin to lsd, as I remember it, without the drastic edge.