Does it get worse before it gets better?

peat415

Really happy eating this way. However, I do notice that I have a lot of IBS symptoms I didn't have on mod carb paleo. One of the problems with RP Style is that it's really hard to know what to do and what not to do and what order to try things. I figured the first is always to get your food in order so I stocked up on good organic OJ, raw skim milk, carrots, coffee, great lakes gelatin and cheese, salt and sugar. That could get me through a day if I couldn't figure out anything else. After 3 weeks I've adjusted my habits to eat this way and it's fine. I've significantly reduced my vegetable intake.

My temps are up, my pulse is up a lot. Like from low 60's to mid to high 70's. I'm happy about that. I added progest-e and aspirin to the regular vitamin line up. Tried supplementing with niacin and got a pretty bad histamine reaction so dropped that really quick. The main thing is my IBS is back with a vengence. Rumbling tummy all day. Transit time is too fast. It so sucks. Anybody got any wisdom for this regression. I haven't felt this bad since before I started Paleo.

I want to try more intensive stuff like thyroid, but feel instinctively that you shouldn't add anything you've never had before, when you are not feeling good. Shouldn't the diet be enough at first? Hate to add much else before I figure out why I don't feel well. I felt fine before RP, but his articles struck such a cord in me that I knew I had to try this to find out if it was the key for me to get completely well and prevent future disease.

cliff

It definitely takes a certain learning curve. Generally I avoid cheese because I have not found one that totally agrees with me. I can't tolerate vitamin added milk at all and even the one I mainly get I have to be careful with because it can be slightly bad(i can tell by taste/smell) and it will give me issues. I find I react best to the raw skim milk but it's kinda pricey so I opt for the whole unhomogenized which is pretty similar as far as tolerability goes. I don't really like any of the box/commercial OJ's, I react best to fresh squeezed or this flash pasteurized one I get from the store. Coffee can kinda start to cause issues for me if I do too much.

Meal frequency and timing is an important factor too, trying to do too much food at once should be avoided. Eating a little bit each hour or so is best imo.

Instead of just doing sugar you can make chocolate syrup to get the extras magnesium, maganese and other nutrients. Epsom salt/baking soda baths could help too.

Besides the carrot a potato or 2 a day if you tolerate them could be good. A tsp of coconut oil with each meal is not a bad idea either.

OP
P

peat415

Thanks Cliff- lol I see my same title on someones post from last year. Guess Peating won't make me more imaginative:)
I will try more potatoes. I've only had one since I started. Who knows I may have gotten food poisoning from something I made and kept around too long. I am lucky I live in the bay area where good food with no additives is pretty easy to come by.

PS I am buying Kirkland organic OJ from costco and it's not a bad price. Pasturized but no additives and it is around 7 bucks a gallon. Pulp free I think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals