Does higher testosterone levels make the face wider

BearWithMe

why or how would the D3 cause a vitamin E deficiency?

Dr. B

as long as you take d3 and E far apart from each other, should be fine?

I doubt it is wider..you probably just have less subcutaneous fat and water retention on your face, so the extreme ends of your jaw look more prominent. Growth Hormones expand your face outwards as i have seen it happen myself to a very tall and lean friend of mine who started taking it. It looks a bit disproportionate like lol, but he seems to be chuffed with the result. His member did shrink considerably though and he's now on a crusade to try and address that, so caution as always with hormones. I am firmly against them as my experiences have all been negative(never took GH though)so i tend to err on the side of caution with them and do what i can via less "direct"means. Horses for courses and all that

Also, not to rain on anybodies parade but i personally never saw any expansion in my jaw from taking high dose MK4 aka menatetrenone, and i've been taking it for 18months(to the chagrin of my bank account...)i would continue to take it personally as expect it played some role in my healing of a cavity that multiple dentists assured me would need to be pulled, but i haven't seen any increase in facial aesthetics from it. When i first got on it, it did miraculously get rid of my tinnitus and hyperacusis, but the effect only lasted a couple of days(like most of the other ***t i have tried)and it never happened again. Perhaps there's some specific parameters that need to be in place in order for it to happen(the widening of the face), but whatever they are i haven't experienced anything of the sort

Last edited:
Damn. It's just hard to find MK4 from a non-corn or non-Soy source. I think Now Foods has MK4 from alternative source but not sure.
Again, you are talking about MK-7. MK-4 Menatetrenone almost always comes from Geraniol Extract from "Murraya Paniculata" this is the case for both the Advanced Orthomolecular Research branded MK-4 "Peak K2" and the Relentless Improvement variant(both have no excipients as well)i don't know where the Thorne MK-4 oil comes from, but i'd assume the same. It's too expensive for me anyways in the UK to be worth it

I only know of 3 MK-4 Menatetrenone based capsule supplements though

AOR "Peak K2"(this is the one i have used for 18months)

Relentless Improvement Menatetrenone

Carlsons Labs Vitamin K MK-4(this one is trash. Loads of excipients, and i never saw any benefits from it, possibly cause of all the excipients)

MK-7 almost always comes from Natto which isn't a huge issue since its fermented soy and most of the potential of SERM properties have a negative effect become less of a thing. Just if you are looking for the benefits purported in that Japanese study, it is Menatetrenone that you need

golder

Again, you are talking about MK-7. MK-4 Menatetrenone almost always comes from Geraniol Extract from "Murraya Paniculata" this is the case for both the Advanced Orthomolecular Research branded MK-4 "Peak K2" and the Relentless Improvement variant(both have no excipients as well)i don't know where the Thorne MK-4 oil comes from, but i'd assume the same. It's too expensive for me anyways in the UK to be worth it

Carlsons Labs Vitamin K MK-4(this one is trash. Loads of excipients, and i never saw any benefits from it, possibly cause of all the excipients)

MK-7 almost always comes from Natto which isn't a huge issue since its fermented soy and most of the potential of SERM properties have a negative effect become less of a thing. Just if you are looking for the benefits purported in that Japanese study, it is Menatetrenone that you need
What daily dose MK4 do you use?
Have you used haiduts Kuinone, it’s reasonably good value.

What daily dose MK4 do you use?
Have you used haiduts Kuinone, it’s reasonably good value.
What they used in that Japanese osteoporosis study. 45mg..i tried splitting it through the day, and taking it as one single dose and it didn't seem to make a difference. Got similar effects from both

Nopes, i've not bothered with any of Haiduts concoctions as i tend to avoid purchasing things from the US otherwise i would've by now. I have been hit with absolutely ludicrous import charges on pretty basic items more than once, so just eventually started to not bother taking the risk

golder

What they used in that Japanese osteoporosis study. 45mg..i tried splitting it through the day, and taking it as one single dose and it didn't seem to make a difference. Got similar effects from both

Nopes, i've not bothered with any of Haiduts concoctions as i tend to avoid purchasing things from the US otherwise i would've by now. I have been hit with absolutely ludicrous import charges on pretty basic items more than once, so just eventually started to not bother taking the risk
Yeah, completely fair enough. I’ve been hit in the past and it’s massively hurt.

How long have you been doing the 45mg a day - are you going to carry it on indefinitely?
Also, is it worth incorporating a high amount of vitamin D/calcium/anything else with this protocol? If so, any idea what quantity/ratio?

Yeah, completely fair enough. I’ve been hit in the past and it’s massively hurt.

How long have you been doing the 45mg a day - are you going to carry it on indefinitely?
Also, is it worth incorporating a high amount of vitamin D/calcium/anything else with this protocol? If so, any idea what quantity/ratio?
18 months mate solidly

I dunno if i will carry on indefinitely, as i haven't defined whether or not the action of it healing the cavities is therapeutic or if its a lasting effect. I guess i have to just pull the plug at some point and find out

I take calcium in the MHCA form (microcrystalline hydroxyapatite)apparently this form is already in milk, but i didn't see any benefits to teeth from just drinking lots of milk(good stuff too that still has lactoferrin like raw colostrum, raw milk, and unhomogenised Jersey milk)

I take a Vitamin D/MK7 "all trans"oil at about 20 drops a day which equates about 20000IU. I take it sublingually(under the tongue for about a minute before swallowing what remains) since i feel it works better than just swallowing it as is..could be placebo, but i am certain my teeth accumulate less plaque throughout the day when i do it this way..you may need less i only take this amount since i developed an extreme phobia and social anxiety of being outside..i was already diagnosed with an APD, so this just seems adjunctive to that

Betacarotene/carotenoids from fish(yes i know, this a Peaty no no, but i found they worked better than carotenoids from fruit and veg despite being similar kinds for oral health anyways. Also noticed they improve eyesight quite noticeably)i eat liver as well though about once or twice a week. Not too much cause me and iron don't get along it seems

Take Mag oil when i swish and brush with it between meals and also drink about 200mg in the morning with water and get the rest from mag bicarb when i can be assed making it(not often)

Boron 10mg every other day from sodium tetraborate aka Borax..all other forms have anti-testosterone effects on me. caretonoids are supposed to prevent that, but i only found it to apply to the aforementioned form

Zinc i mostly get from food(oysters when i can get a hold of em) but will occasionally supplement with Zinc biglyscinate or that Concentrace Zinc stuff. All other forms make me physically nauseous regardless of food intake

That's really it for the oral health stuff as far as i recall

If i was to give you a list of ***t that hasn't worked at all i would likely be here all evening.....

Last edited:

Pistachio

No, I am not talking about MK-7. I know the difference. I have seen several MK-4s that are corn-derived, not "almost always" from Geraniol Extract, as you claim. For instance, AOR's Canadian line of K2 has both MK-7 and MK-4, with the latter possibly being corn derived (however, it could be the corn starch filler only):

Cautions
Do not use if taking anticoagulant (“blood thinning”) medications such as warfarin (Coumadin®) or if pregnant or breastfeeding. This product contains a corn derived ingredient, do not use this product if you have such allergy.

Most MK-7 appears to be soy derived (natto bean), while I have seen many corn-derived MK-4s.

Sidenote: New Roots Herbal makes and MK-7 that is "trans". Never seen that before.

Last edited:
No, I am not talking about MK-7. I know the difference. I have seen several MK-4s that are corn-derived, not "almost always" from Geraniol Extract, as you claim. For instance, AOR's Canadian line of K2 has both MK-7 and MK-4, with the latter possibly being corn derived (however, it could be the corn starch filler only):

Most MK-7 appears to be soy derived (natto bean), while I have seen many corn-derived MK-4s.

Sidenote: New Roots Herbal makes and MK-7 that is "trans". Never seen that before.
I literally have a bottle of AOR Peak K2 in front of me. It doesn't have any corn starch in it. So, unless the formulas differ depending on the regions(i got it from their official UK distributor)then i am not sure. I emailled AOR myself and they told me their K2 MK4 is from gerianiol extract as is Carlsons Labs and Relentless Improvements. As i already stated, these are the only MK4 Menatetrenone supplements i am aware of other than the Thorne liquid, so if there are some out there that get menatetrenone from soy and corn, i haven't seen them. I also haven't seen anything about MK-4 menatetrenone coming from soy, or corn either though since it's not made from probiotic bacteria..it's usually MK-4 meniquinone-4 that you get in small amounts in natto kinase powder(which i've tried from Korea)and tiny, almost irrelevant quantities in grass fed butter. Its a long time since i looked into this but i think meniquinone-4 was highest in aged cheeses like paramesan and Norwegian Brun Ost

Pistachio

I literally have a bottle of AOR Peak K2 in front of me. It doesn't have any corn starch in it. So, unless the formulas differ depending on the regions(i got it from their official UK distributor)then i am not sure. I emailled AOR myself and they told me their K2 MK4 is from gerianiol extract as is Carlsons Labs and Relentless Improvements. As i already stated, these are the only MK4 Menatetrenone supplements i am aware of other than the Thorne liquid, so if there are some out there that get menatetrenone from soy and corn, i haven't seen them. I also haven't seen anything about MK-4 menatetrenone coming from soy, or corn either though since it's not made from probiotic bacteria..it's usually MK-4 meniquinone-4 that you get in small amounts in natto kinase powder(which i've tried from Korea)and tiny, almost irrelevant quantities in grass fed butter. Its a long time since i looked into this but i think meniquinone-4 was highest in aged cheeses like paramesan and Norwegian Brun Ost
I just gave you a direct quote and link to AOR Canada's website showing corn.

I said that most MK-7 comes from Natto Bean (soy). I didn't say MK-4 did.