Does Heat Sensitivity Correlate With Metabolic Rate?

Tenacity

I've noticed when taking showers that I am very sensitive to temperature settings that others would use. I often have to turn the temperature down in the shower after my family members have used it.

When my girlfriend and I shower together, she mocks me for how sensitive I am to the temperature she usually uses.

Recently we took a bath together, and it was hot - painful to get into, but once in the water is bearable. After about half an hour in that bath, I start to feel symptoms of low blood sugar. Stress reactions soon follow. My bath partner also starts to get stressy, but definitely not as much as me. We return to normal after some food.

My theory is this: those with a higher metabolic rate (I am the only one who eats 'Peaty' amongst my family and girlfriend) are more sensitive to heat, because high temperatures cause pro-thyroid individuals to use energy faster, making low blood sugar levels an issue. A protective warning signal, if you will - "Turn the temperature down or you will suffer a stress reaction if you endure it too long!"

Does anyone else have similar experiences? Perhaps this may explain the cliche that women are always cold - they do have lower metabolic rates, after all. Men with higher metabolic rates are more sensitive to heat, and thus don't feel cold so harshly.

X3CyO

I've noticed when taking showers that I am very sensitive to temperature settings that others would use. I often have to turn the temperature down in the shower after my family members have used it.

When my girlfriend and I shower together, she mocks me for how sensitive I am to the temperature she usually uses.

Recently we took a bath together, and it was hot - painful to get into, but once in the water is bearable. After about half an hour in that bath, I start to feel symptoms of low blood sugar. Stress reactions soon follow. My bath partner also starts to get stressy, but definitely not as much as me. We return to normal after some food.

My theory is this: those with a higher metabolic rate (I am the only one who eats 'Peaty' amongst my family and girlfriend) are more sensitive to heat, because high temperatures cause pro-thyroid individuals to use energy faster, making low blood sugar levels an issue. A protective warning signal, if you will - "Turn the temperature down or you will suffer a stress reaction if you endure it too long!"

Does anyone else have similar experiences? Perhaps this may explain the cliche that women are always cold - they do have lower metabolic rates, after all. Men with higher metabolic rates are more sensitive to heat, and thus don't feel cold so harshly.

Ive noticed a similar phenomenon too. I used to love hot showers as a kid, but now basically only take cold showers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals