Does Hair Go In Here? Anyway - How To Get The Colour Back

Mary Lyn

Hi

I have done a lot of reading on this as I did not want to go much grayer, and I have managed to save my brunette locks.

I do this by using soap nuts for shampoo (watch out for eyes) alternating with a bicarb wash and ACV rinse. Then I make a rinsing mix by boiling about 4 tea bags of roobush tea, fresh sage and rosemary in about 2 cups of water for 20 mins.

This last mix is put on the rinsed hair and left for half an hour or so before rinsing off. It takes time to build up but my hair colour is back with bits of gray dispersed and even after 6 months is still darkening. Obviously meant for dark hair.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
This is very interesting bit can you clarify the process steps by step? Is soap nuts a laundry detergent?

Thanks.

Ilda

Hi @Mary Lyn,

Thank you for posting this. I am also interested in hair repigmentation. Can you please explain what you mean by alternating wash with bicarb and ACV? On different days or same wash? Also the nuts soap.

Also wondering if the tea rinse you used gives reddish undertones and how to come up with the right mix for my hair (tone 4, dark brown).

fradon

Hi

I have done a lot of reading on this as I did not want to go much grayer, and I have managed to save my brunette locks.

I do this by using soap nuts for shampoo (watch out for eyes) alternating with a bicarb wash and ACV rinse. Then I make a rinsing mix by boiling about 4 tea bags of roobush tea, fresh sage and rosemary in about 2 cups of water for 20 mins.

This last mix is put on the rinsed hair and left for half an hour or so before rinsing off. It takes time to build up but my hair colour is back with bits of gray dispersed and even after 6 months is still darkening. Obviously meant for dark hair.

copper, iron, magnanese

SOD super oxide dismutase is made from copper and manganese...this is the body's antioxidant that fights peroxides which can bind to hair follicles.

CATALASE is made from iron and copper and this the body's second antioxdinat that also fights peroxides.

VITAMIN C protects vitamin E and

Vitamin E neutralizes the effects of oxidize lipids that cause free radicles and persoxides espeically from PUFA.

avoid shampoo and chemicasl as some of those can cause allergies in the scalp.

paymanz

There are claims, but have you reversed your hair color or have you ever seen a person reverse it?!

OP
M

Mary Lyn

I am 68 yo.

Yes soap nuts are used for laundry purposes but you can get shampoos made from them. I use a handful with distilled water and boil them for 20 mins or so, then drain in a sieve. They can be reused once. This mixture can be kept for a few weeks. you need about 2 cupfulls for a wash but it cannot be done in a shower as it is agony if you get the mixture in your eyes. I keep a towel over my forehead as I am washing the hair. However, I was using good low chemical shampoos before this and the rinse worked.

I started using the nuts on alternative weeks, with baking soda, (I only need to wash once a week) after reading here that commercial products are endocrine disruptors.

I am not sure whether there will be a reddish residue left on black hair. Mine already had a very slight tint of red but it has not been brought out.

Thank you for the link but I would not like to put mag. stearate or zinc oxide on my head. The copper is something to think about though I have been eating plant based for a year. Two of my relatives died from aneurisms.

The rinse from roobush tea and herbs is to be left on as long as you like.

I have not reversed the colour from grey completely and the hair at the back is darker than at he front and still some grey remains at the temples underneath the overhanging hair, but it is significantly darker then it was and I am very happy with it as it looks natural as some grey hairs are scattered about.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I am 68 yo.

Yes soap nuts are used for laundry purposes but you can get shampoos made from them. I use a handful with distilled water and boil them for 20 mins or so, then drain in a sieve. They can be reused once. This mixture can be kept for a few weeks. you need about 2 cupfulls for a wash but it cannot be done in a shower as it is agony if you get the mixture in your eyes. I keep a towel over my forehead as I am washing the hair. However, I was using good low chemical shampoos before this and the rinse worked.

I started using the nuts on alternative weeks, with baking soda, (I only need to wash once a week) after reading here that commercial products are endocrine disruptors.

I am not sure whether there will be a reddish residue left on black hair. Mine already had a very slight tint of red but it has not been brought out.

Thank you for the link but I would not like to put mag. stearate or zinc oxide on my head. The copper is something to think about though I have been eating plant based for a year. Two of my relatives died from aneurisms.

The rinse from roobush tea and herbs is to be left on as long as you like.

I have not reversed the colour from grey completely and the hair at the back is darker than at he front and still some grey remains at the temples underneath the overhanging hair, but it is significantly darker then it was and I am very happy with it as it looks natural as some grey hairs are scattered about.

That's awesome. Thanks again for sharing and have fun!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom