Does Germany Prove Peat Wrong?

Lizb

You've made an assumption that Germans are healthy. Is that a statistical fact? I'm pretty sure you still have full hospitals and doctors surgeries and much medication prescribed.

Talking of statistics, I once heard that if you die of a heart attack on the steps of a hospital in France, it will be recorded as an accident or something similar (can't remember exactly), but won't be recorded as a heart attack.

Germany is in a recession.

Last edited:
You've made an assumption that Germans are healthy. Is that a statistical fact? I'm pretty sure you still have full hospitals and doctors surgeries and much medication prescribed.

Talking of statistics, I once heard that if you die of a heart attack on the steps of a hospital in France, it will be recorded as an accident or something similar (can't remember exactly), but won't be recorded as a heart attack.

Germany is in a recession.

Germany is as an population-aggregate healthier than other countries.But still,the amount of lack of wellbeing even in the above-average community
is astounding.Lo-grade depression,anxiety,dyslogia, everywhere.
Americans seemed always to have a different temper,but its just that the phony tv-anchormen in USA consuming Multi-Vitamins,avoiding overt deficiency.

..all while physicians are slimes.they know whats up,but are driven by unconscious sexual jealousy (yes.)
which is motivating them to attempt of negligent homicide.

yerrag

..all while physicians are slimes.they know whats up,but are driven by unconscious sexual jealousy (yes.)
which is motivating them to attempt of negligent homicide.
What?

mipp

Canola is fairly recent though. I think edible rapeseed oil is an 80s invention? Not sure about the rest of Europe but where I live it got popular during the 90s replacing sunflower as vegetable oil used for cooking. So in terms of PUFA that was actually an improvement. As was already pointed out, canola is mostly MUFA, "the olive oil of the north", and it's probably better than some other high PUFA oils. By the way, I don't think I've ever seen cottonseed or corn oil on a food label.

As for canola being ubiquitous, I've also noticed it. It's partially replacing palm oil which has a bad rep now. But I don't think it can be used in high amounts except for things like potato chips. Those German chocolates are made with milk fat last time I shopped in Aldi ;) The confectionery industry started using canola but it seems they still prefer palm, shea or even coconut oil probably because of better taste and consistency.

Canola is fairly recent though. I think edible rapeseed oil is an 80s invention? Not sure about the rest of Europe but where I live it got popular during the 90s replacing sunflower as vegetable oil used for cooking. So in terms of PUFA that was actually an improvement. As was already pointed out, canola is mostly MUFA, "the olive oil of the north", and it's probably better than some other high PUFA oils. By the way, I don't think I've ever seen cottonseed or corn oil on a food label.

As for canola being ubiquitous, I've also noticed it. It's partially replacing palm oil which has a bad rep now. But I don't think it can be used in high amounts except for things like potato chips. Those German chocolates are made with milk fat last time I shopped in Aldi ;) The confectionery industry started using canola but it seems they still prefer palm, shea or even coconut oil probably because of better taste and consistency.

hopefully it stays that way,and that hydrogenated,hardened Oils dont have a comeback in Germany.

milkboi

Canola is fairly recent though. I think edible rapeseed oil is an 80s invention? Not sure about the rest of Europe but where I live it got popular during the 90s replacing sunflower as vegetable oil used for cooking. So in terms of PUFA that was actually an improvement. as was already pointed out, canola is mostly MUFA, "the olive oil of the north", and it's probably better than some other high PUFA oils. By the way, I don't think I've ever seen cottonseed or corn oil on a food label.

As for canola being ubiquitous, I've also noticed it. It's partially replacing palm oil which has a bad rep now. But I don't think it can be used in high amounts except for things like potato chips. Those german chocolates are still using milk fat last time I shopped in Aldi ;) The confectionery industry started using canola but it seems they still prefer palm, shea or even coconut oil probably because of better taste and consistency.

Every roommate I had cooked with canola oil, just because it's so damn cheap and tastes neutral (not for me anymore lol). I think only students and poor people in Germany rely mostly on rapeseed oil as a cooking oil, german people with more income use butter or olive oil. And yeah, you are right, potato chips are really the worst offender of them all. But I think that they are pretty often consumed by the german population, so the amount of PUFA they introduce to the german diet is not negligible.

Stupido

as a german pleb i can say this, we have cheap, ok quality and variety of diary. many ppl here consume lots of diary

Every roommate I had cooked with canola oil, just because it's so damn cheap and tastes neutral (not for me anymore lol). I think only students and poor people in Germany rely mostly on rapeseed oil as a cooking oil, german people with more income use butter or olive oil. And yeah, you are right, potato chips are really the worst offender of them all. But I think that they are pretty often consumed by the german population, so the amount of PUFA they introduce to the german diet is not negligible.

Potato-Chips are edible cancer,lol..

Stupido

our potatoe chips are often produced with high olec sunflower , you cant compare monounsatuared vs pufa i guess

Mauritio

I dont agree with the OP at all. I find it much easier to eat low PUFA and healthy in Germany than for example in the UK!
I have been there recently and its almost impossible to get good food there (unless you want to spend a fortune) .
In germany you can find good /unprocessed / organic stuff pretty much everywhere and its often not that expensive.
Also I am from Germany and my father always used to feed us liverwurst ,eggs and milk. I agree that the health of the current generation is fastly deteriorating, but the diet of our (german) grandparents and even parents was likely pretty good. My father even takes an aspirin everyday and I have no idea why he does it. I think he eats a lot of cheese as well and some good quality meat (with skin).Also haribo is from germany you get 14g of gelatin for 1 euro plus a lot of sugar and zero fat. Having been to other countries it is really not that bad here.

yerrag

Weren't you going to add a rejoinder as what you said piqued my interest. Others may be dismissing you as a troll, but I'm listening  and giving you the floor. :):

milkboi

I dont agree with the OP at all. I find it much easier to eat low PUFA and healthy in Germany than for example in the UK!
I have been there recently and its almost impossible to get good food there (unless you want to spend a fortune) .
In germany you can find good /unprocessed / organic stuff pretty much everywhere and its often not that expensive.
Also I am from Germany and my father always used to feed us liverwurst ,eggs and milk. I agree that the health of the current generation is fastly deteriorating, but the diet of our (german) grandparents and even parents was likely pretty good. My father even takes an aspirin everyday and I have no idea why he does it. I think he eats a lot of cheese as well and some good quality meat (with skin).Also haribo is from germany you get 14g of gelatin for 1 euro plus a lot of sugar and zero fat. Having been to other countries it is really not that bad here.

I agree, but if you order food or eat out, the food quality is pretty horrible

True man. My younger brothers love em :(. Don't know what to do about that :cold:

You can Coax him by means of least resistance.produce in him an addiction to something healthier by means of distribution.give it to him for free!

Mauritio

I agree, but if you order food or eat out, the food quality is pretty horrible
True , but thats why I almost never eat out. Yesterday for example I ordered pizza with a friend. Of course its high PUFA ,but I have ordered quattro formaggi(4 cheeses) ,which has a lot of saturated fat and cancels out some of the bad effects of PUFA. I have also taken 5 drops of Tocovit before and an aspirin after the pizza ...

Weren't you going to add a rejoinder as what you said piqued my interest. Others may be dismissing you as a troll, but I'm listening  and giving you the floor. :):

Dont have much to add.
The text says in shortened form that physicians in germany are aware of the true nature of the diseases in the populace,and they are doing nothing,
but are legally obliged to attemp to heal causally.They are not allowed to invent artificial diagnosis,if a B1-deficiency is the true cause of a neuropathy,
they arent allowed to not engage with the true cause of a given disease.they are legally bound to actual attempts to Cure and Heal completely.
They circumvent these obligations by means of collective lying,falsifying expert testimony,being unfaithful witnesses,consultants.