Does Germany Prove Peat Wrong?

O

oldfriend

Economic productivity due to less downtime due to better health?

Innovation and creativity due to a well-developed intellect due to excess metabolic energy being used to further develop the brain.
Economic productivity is often born out of competition or survival, things that are inherently stressful.

yerrag

Economic productivity is often born out of competition or survival, things that are inherently stressful.
Yes, and stress separated men from boys.

O

oldfriend

Yes, and stress separated men from boys.
My only point is that productivity is not a reliable measure of health. Unhealthy people can be productive. For example, I live in the Bay Area where the tech industry has taken over. Many of the people that work in it are stressed, sleep deprived, drug addicted, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

yerrag

My only point is that productivity is not a reliable measure of health. Unhealthy people can be productive. For example, I live in the Bay Area where the tech industry has taken over. Many of the people that work in it are stressed, sleep deprived, drug addicted, etc.
I don't see how that proves your point.

They may have high salaries, and are smart. But they're smart not because they work in Silicon Valley. They went in already smart, and they're able to produce and maybe outperform despite their conditions.

Last edited:
O

oldfriend

I don't see how that proves your point.

They may have high salaries, and are smart. But they're smart not because they work in Silicon Valley. They went it already smart, and they're able to produce and maybe outperform despite their conditions.
It is an industry regarded for its innovation and creativity, and many of the workers are trading their life energy for this apparent productivity. It's not sustainable for many of them, the turnover is fairly high, and there is a constant stream of new recruits. At the same time, California is the fifth largest economy in the world, and if a person were to visit from overseas they would see many seemingly healthy and attractive people walking the streets. This doesn't mean anything; You certainly wouldn't conclude that a good economy is the result of good health after living here.

Last edited by a moderator:

yerrag

It is an industry regarded for its innovation and creativity, and many of the workers are trading their life energy for this apparent productivity. It's not sustainable for many of them. At the same time, California is the fifth largest economy in the world, and if a person were to visit from overseas, they would see many seemingly healthy and attractive people walking the streets. That doesn't mean anything.
You said it right. They're only seemingly healthy and attractive.

But I'd add that they also seemingly productive.

If they're so productive, how come China eclipsed them on 5G? How come Google is now a borg and is unable to tolerate a diversity of opinions that span the right to left spectrum?

How come Uber has lost out to late to come ridesharing services in many places, despite their first to market advantage? It's a slam dunk, and yet it missed.

jacob

If they're so productive, how come China eclipsed them on 5G? How come Google is now a borg and is unable to tolerate a diversity of opinions that span the right to left spectrum?

How come Uber has lost out to late to come ridesharing services in many places, despite their first to market advantage? It's a slam dunk, and yet it missed.

You’re only proving oldfriend’s point with this terrible argument

Furthermore, based on the logic of this thread, are you implying that the Chinese are so innovative because tHe ChInEsE dOn’T eAt PuFa?

Are you also implying the Chinese are more productive than the Germans? OP claims the Germans are the pinnacle of European health and innovation

yerrag

You’re only proving oldfriend’s point with this terrible argument

Furthermore, based on the logic of this thread, are you implying that the Chinese are so innovative because tHe ChInEsE dOn’T eAt PuFa?

Are you also implying the Chinese are more productive than the Germans? OP claims the Germans are the pinnacle of European health and innovation
You're making absurd conclusions.
Read again.

jacob

You're making absurd conclusions.
Read again.

OP says Peat must be wrong because Germans are innovative despite eating PUFA

Oldfriend says productivity is not a reliable measure of health

Oldfriend says Bay Area is productive despite not being a healthy environment

Yerrang says Bay Area isn’t productive

Yerrang says Bay Area is lacking in productivity based on arbitrary goalposts such as the Chinese have 5G and because Uber lost share of ridesharing market

What did I miss?

O

oldfriend

It's just the best example I have. I would make the opposite argument of this thread: a good economy enables people to pursue better health. A mentality of abundance is a factor in the collective health of a nation. Measurable intelligence is often elicited by stress. The qualities that drive industry are not objectively healthy to begin with.

yerrag

Yerrang says Bay Area is lacking in productivity based on arbitrary goalposts such as the Chinese have 5G and because Uber lost share of ridesharing market

What did I miss?
You missed how I questioned the basis of old friend's theses that
Silicon Valley is productive. I gave some examples. Not perfect examples albeit. It can be arguable. But what does old friend say to support his thesis.

And what else did you conclude that came out of your imagination?

postman

1. Crime is up
2. Rape is up

Its only a matter of time before people get sick

Are not PUFAs good for creating an easily managed mass of people..dunno where i read that
We all know what's behind this increased crime rate. Ascribing the high crime rate of the "new Germans" to rapeseed oil consumption is quite a stretch. I know the oil has "rape" in its name but still... :lol:

O

oldfriend

You missed how I questioned the basis of old friend's theses that
Silicon Valley is productive. I gave some examples. Not perfect examples albeit. It can be arguable. But what does old friend say to support his thesis.

And what else did you conclude that came out of your imagination?
I already said California is the fifth largest economy in the world. The productivity of that industry has a lot to do with that fact. Have you ever heard of google or apple before?

What did I miss?
I was just responding to some comments in the thread. Didn't mean to hijack.

Broken man

The africans that went to germany look much better than germans And had much worse economy And supply od food....

yerrag

I already said California is the fifth largest economy in the world. The productivity of that industry has a lot to do with that fact. Have you ever heard of google or apple before?
I've also heard of Greece, Rome, of Spain, of the Ottoman Empire. What is their place now in terms of superlatives? What made California the 5th largest economy, was it because of the current spirit and attitudes and disposition of the people currently living in California? Have you heard of the fires and blackouts and water shortages and the humongous public debt there, from municipal all the way to the state. government? The homelessness?

Don't confuse what was and what is. They ain't the same.

yerrag

Julles

So much assumptions in this thread!

Countries and civilizations rise and fall. National productivity does not equal health. Just because you where born and raised in a country does not make it great in any way nor its government and its decisions. In the last decade Germany has been fuuuuu in the **** by its own government.
Did you know that Auschwitz labor camps where very productive? says Adolf.

It is the 4th largest debtor in Europe. Nowdays you can only smell Kebabs unless you go live to the countryside. Merkel despises the flag. And kunty antifas should be beaten up by the police, but still run a circus in some places.
And no, germans are not tall in general. And not very healthy.

Life expectancy much lower in Germany compared to EU neighbours
Life expectancy much lower in Germany compared to EU neighbours: study

Goobz

Exactly. The idea that you can deduce the effectiveness of a nation's diet based on their economic performance, and exclude a thousand other relevant factors, is totally moronic.

The tallness comes from dairy,which happens to have,even after heat treatment,relevant amounts of either IGF-1 secretagogues or
IGF-1 itself.Calcium isnt contributing growth promoting feature though.It only increases Bone-hardening,anti-osteomalacia.IGF-1 from bovine source is indiscernable from humane source,and is per os bio-available.
Most of tall people in germany are also rather long,not large,not embiggened on all axes,but skewed toward vertical-axis-growth.
This is also why milk and non-altered milk-protein dairy is associated with neurological disease and hormonal aberration.
Max development from Brain-standpoint seems to be slightly under-average height for males,male physicians often are 170cm to 175cm
in height,as a group they are consistently at least above average,I.Q. 120.Also the tall people dont have bigger heads that come with the longer bodies,
only very slightly so.Cephalic Index is smaller that way,dont know that measure much though.