Does Gelatin Make You Sluggish?

DMF

It sure does me - Is this normal? It just gives me this "heavy" feeling when I'm walking around or hiking with my backpack on. Heavy legs especially. So, I take it in late afternoon or evening.
Anyone else have the same problem?

Owen B

It sure does me - Is this normal? It just gives me this "heavy" feeling when I'm walking around or hiking with my backpack on. Heavy legs especially. So, I take it in late afternoon or evening.
Anyone else have the same problem?
Gelatin was one of the first things I started with on Peat. I used the Bernard Jensen powder and put some (half tsp, maybe a little more) in my soup, etc.

It was very relaxing and I was ecstatic to get such a result. (You know...the glycine, proline and alanine). But after a while I just couldn't take it without getting stuporous and draggy. It kind of triggered my trauma symptoms, where I'm already kind of in a dazed state a lot of the time.

So I may not be the best person to respond. I'd love to take more. That relaxation effect was nice and it's also hydrophilic, so it's good for absorbing stomach acid toward food and away from the stomach lining. And also drawing toxins away from the lining of the small intestine.

I take a little every now and then just to see how I'm doing on it. Taking at night, as you do, probably is a good idea, especially if you have problems sleeping.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals