Does folate deficiency affect vagus nerve function?

DonLore

What is the safest way to fix methylation/possible B12 deficiency ? And do you guys have information about how selenium/molybdenum/iodine is required for B2 to work?

youngsinatra

What is the safest way to fix methylation/possible B12 deficiency ? And do you guys have information about how selenium/molybdenum/iodine is required for B2 to work?
Thorne Basic B Complex, 5-30g Glycine, 3-5 g Creatine, High Protein Diet (150g+) Magnesium Glycinate. (400-1000mg depending on bodyweight)

aliml

Ippodrom47 said:
- feeling better after a blood draw. Even one 5 ml vial is good, but several of those are even better. I'm instantly more energetic, don't have brain fog and feel fine for a day or two.
Maybe the blood draw has made you feel better by changing the responses of the immune system!
Deficiency of folate has been associated with several disorders characterized by enhanced activation of the cellular immune system (non-allergic Th1 type immune response).
The results showed that wet-cupping therapy (a type of blood draw) decreases Th1 type immune response and increases the humoral immune system (Th2 type).
Brain fog is almost always caused by inflammation, immune imbalance (Th1/Th2 ratio), and mitochondrial dysfunction.

DonLore

Thorne Basic B Complex, 5-30g Glycine, 3-5 g Creatine, High Protein Diet (150g+) Magnesium Glycinate. (400-1000mg depending on bodyweight)
I have almost exactly the same B complex, so am good on that, glycine I get most days but could increase to every day, protein check, creatine I dont have but will buy, and does any form of magnesium suffice or will it have to be glycinate? Especially if diet has glycine

youngsinatra

I have almost exactly the same B complex, so am good on that, glycine I get most days but could increase to every day, protein check, creatine I dont have but will buy, and does any form of magnesium suffice or will it have to be glycinate? Especially if diet has glycine
No any magnesium should work. :)

OP
Ippodrom47

Ippodrom47

youngsinatra

Could you please check out my last question, especially the part can I slowly increase my lentils/legumes intake? Will this approach give my body some time to adjust? Thanks heaps as usual!

youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Could you please check out my last question, especially the part can I slowly increase my lentils/legumes intake? Will this approach give my body some time to adjust? Thanks heaps as usual!
Legumes have a significant amount of folate, so yes. Getting the intake up is important.

Motorneuron

Have you ever read the Fred protocol and its story?

Mauritio

If you don‘t consume leafy greens or legumes daily, you need a source of supplemental folate for optimal levels. Other sources with folate include liver, but you would need to eat 3-4 oz per day to get the RDA, which sets you up to failure because of it‘s high vitamin A content.

If you have MTHFR you need to be even more careful and should try to hit 1-2x the RDA for folate in my opinion.

If you have bad reactions to methylfolate or methyl-B12, then you deal with transient temporary overmethylation, because the system needs to re-arrange itself after being deprived of essential nutrients for methylation and fixing the deficiency kick-starts the methylation cycle again.

Initially taking higher amounts of supplemental glycine (10-30g) buffers the excess of supplied methyl groups. In the beginning I had horrible panic attacks and irritability from methyl-folate and B12, but I was definitely deficient, so I took 10g of glycine 2-3 times a day and it resolved all bad symptoms of (temporary) overmethylation.

You can get liquid methylfolate and B12 drops to slowly build up the dose to your needs.

If you have poorly functioning methylation, everything becomes a problem, especially your liver‘s detoxification and gallbladder function.

I‘d recommend starting with pre-loading on glycine for a few days / 1 week to ensure adequate methyl buffering capacity before taking B9/B12. Then I think it is an easy ride to introduce these methyl B vitamins.

Good luck!

Edit: I recommend taking methylfolate and methyl-B12 in a 1:1 ratio in terms of dosage.
How has methylfolate helped your liver and gallbladder?
I get high dopamine symptoms from it, which are not sustainable . And I only take a fraction of a fraction of capsule. The glycine combo is good tip, though.

@Mauritio This happens because methylfolate stimulates/activates BH4 which is crucial in the production of neurotransmitters. You could also just have dopamine in brain areas that you don't want...in this regard, niacinamide has proven useful in alleviating extreme situations.

Mauritio

@Mauritio This happens because methylfolate stimulates/activates BH4 which is crucial in the production of neurotransmitters. You could also just have dopamine in brain areas that you don't want...in this regard, niacinamide has proven useful in alleviating extreme situations.
Thanks BH4 seems to increase monoamines, but wouldn't it also increase serotonin synthesis then? It also acts as cofactor in NO synthesis ,also not good.

I tried a small dose of niacinamide before, but maybe it was too small.
For the most part I felt great, but had a crash with low-dopamine symptoms the next day...

Olmec

Initially taking higher amounts of supplemental glycine (10-30g) buffers the excess of supplied methyl groups. In the beginning I had horrible panic attacks and irritability from methyl-folate and B12, but I was definitely deficient, so I took 10g of glycine 2-3 times a day and it resolved all bad symptoms of (temporary) overmethylation.
Are you familiar with the potentially excitatory effects of glycine?
Eg
Glycine is inhibitory or excitatory. In your case, it's probably undesirably excitatory. When you have appropriate amounts of extracellular chloride ions, glycine opens the cell for the chloride ions to flow in, causing inhibition. A myriad of reasons can make your baseline extracellular chloride concentration low, so that taking glycine opens the cell, but you have a paradoxical reaction where it's making intracellular chloride flow out, causing excitation and those mental symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom