Does Flowers Of Sulphur Only Benefit The Gut?

Connor888

I think Ray says FoS is good for bacteria & fungus in the gut if taken in small amounts for a short time, but I'm wondering if it could kill fungus in other parts of the body, like the sinuses, when taken internally? I am really sure my sinusitis is fungal related, but not sure if FoS would help here. I'll probably experiment with it either way because I do have some digestive issues.

I would love to know how your sinus infection seems fungal. Not doubting you, just very curious as to your observations that lead you to this conclusion. Thank you.

tankasnowgod

I think Ray says FoS is good for bacteria & fungus in the gut if taken in small amounts for a short time, but I'm wondering if it could kill fungus in other parts of the body, like the sinuses, when taken internally? I am really sure my sinusitis is fungal related, but not sure if FoS would help here. I'll probably experiment with it either way because I do have some digestive issues.

Ray also talks about how sulfur soaps are good for fungal skin infections, things like athletes foot and ringworm. It may help if you take it orally.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

I would love to know how your sinus infection seems fungal. Not doubting you, just very curious as to your observations that lead you to this conclusion. Thank you.

I had a really bad black mold problem in my old house for years. The mold eventually progressed upstairs into my bedroom and a large area of mold started growing behind my warddrobe, and I slept in that room for weeks with the window closed.

Last edited:

golder

Cant you just buy this on Amazon/Ebay? It's not a restricted compound, I think it's used as a plant antifungal, no?

rr1

Cant you just buy this on Amazon/Ebay? It's not a restricted compound, I think it's used as a plant antifungal, no?
Ray Peat has often said he uses just a 1/16th of a teaspoon and that a pinch a day for a few days will often establish a new flora. I just want to make sure I'm getting the real thing.

I came across this, but the website doesn't exactly say if Flowers Of Sulphur and Sulphur Dust Powder are the same thing or not.

"Q. Is this the same product as "Flowers of Sulphur"?

A. Ive looked extensively online and from my research, it seems that Flower of Sulphur and Sulphur Powder are essentially the same thing. People in the UK and US sometimes use the term flowers of sulphur but in Australia its simply called Sulphur powder."

cats

A brand called Humco makes a flowers of sulphur product for medicinal use

rr1

I bought some of that. Just wondering, if it’s in fact safe to consume a tiny bit like Ray recommended. I can’t find anything saying it is on the internet but it has to be right?
This is from the email exchange wiki from ray: I used a pinch, less than a sixteenth of a teaspoonful, putting it on my tongue and washing it down, just 3 or 4 days in a row.

Meathead

This is from the email exchange wiki from ray: I used a pinch, less than a sixteenth of a teaspoonful, putting it on my tongue and washing it down, just 3 or 4 days in a row.

Perfect! Thank you so much for helping! Thankful for Ray and Danny for these podcasts too where I first heard about it.

Gustav3Y

Ray also talks about how sulfur soaps are good for fungal skin infections, things like athletes foot and ringworm. It may help if you take it orally.

I have for around 6 weeks a fungal infection on my neck that has been slowly from 1 dot increased to 2 large patches.
Sulfur soap did not do anything about it so far.
I already had the sulfur soap and used it on my chronic face skin issues where it has a mild positive effect usually after the first use, but has none on the new neck issue.

Jam

I have for around 6 weeks a fungal infection on my neck that has been slowly from 1 dot increased to 2 large patches.
Sulfur soap did not do anything about it so far.
I already had the sulfur soap and used it on my chronic face skin issues where it has a mild positive effect usually after the first use, but has none on the new neck issue.
Magnesium chloride gets rid of those in a few days of daily applications. It's the only thing that works (and does it work!) for me, nothing else comes close. I had two patches develop recently on my neck under both ears, a couple of applications completely eliminated them.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Magnesium chloride gets rid of those in a few days of daily applications. It's the only thing that works (and does it work!) for me, nothing else comes close. I had two patches develop recently on my neck under both ears, a couple of applications completely eliminated them.
Did you have dandruff/flaking skin around your ears as well or just the red patches?

Jam

Did you have dandruff/flaking skin around your ears as well or just the red patches?
Nope, just red patches. I also get them occasionally (about once a year or so) on my upper chest or shoulders, and the MgCl2 nukes those as well.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My relative has dandruff/flaking skin around the ears. What does that mean?
For me it was link to starch intake as well as an fungal issue. It went away when I used flowers of sulphur.
Other oral anti-fungals can also work. I experienced no obvious die off, but the dandruff disappeared almost immediately.