Does Drinking Milk Increases The Need For MORE Vitamin A?

hardeep

I just wanted your thoughts on drinking milk and vitamin A.

If we were to drink more milk than usual then would this increase the need for vitamin A due to the milk using up the vitamin A as I heard we need vitamin A as milk uses it somehow?

eminions

Re: Does drinking milk increases the need for MORE Vitamin A

I think it would only increase the need for Vitamin A if it increases your metabolism.

Dutchie

hardeep said:

If we were to drink more milk than usual then would this increase the need for vitamin A due to the milk using up the vitamin A as I heard we need vitamin A as milk uses it somehow?

If you drink Goat's `milk instead of cow,it's already higher in Vit.A

Dan W

Welcome to the forum, hardeep. Could the thing you heard about milk increasing the need for vitamin A have been related to acne? I've heard a theory that milk can constrict pores, which might require more vitamin A to fight acne.

Also, welcome, eminions. Your Ray Peat email post was really interesting.

OP
H

hardeep

Thanks Dan :) Yes it was related to acne.

So if milk was to increase acne why would it be recommended by Ray Peat if it would cause problems?

J

j.

hardeep said:
So if milk was to increase acne why would it be recommended by Ray Peat if it would cause problems?

If it does so, I would consider it a minor problem considering its benefits. (low-iron, high-calcium, high-quality protein source)

What are the alternatives to get 80 grams of high quality protein daily, essential to have the liver converting T4 to T3? You can't eat that many eggs. So all you have left is gelatin and potatoes, and you would need to eat a lot of potatoes.

And if the acne is caused by high metabolism and it's just a symptom of low vitamin A consumption, then the milk isn't the problem, the problem is lack of vitamin A.

HDD

Would extremely dry skin and other skin issues also be a result of vitamin A deficiency that is revealed when metabolism improves?

fradon

milk has A because it has D. D diminishes vitamin A so they have to add A

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals