Does DHT Increase Or Decrease Serum Testosterone?

ddjd

I've read conflicting things online about this issue. Would be interesting to hear what you all think

opethfeldt

DHT in higher doses is known to reduce testosterone through negative feedback with the HTPA. However, because DHT lowers estrogen and thus SHBG, you'd end up with more free testosterone. I'm not sure how much relevance that has in how you feel, as Peat claims that both free and bound hormones are bioavailable.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

DHT in higher doses is known to reduce testosterone through negative feedback with the HTPA. However, because DHT lowers estrogen and thus SHBG, you'd end up with more free testosterone. I'm not sure how much relevance that has in how you feel, as Peat claims that both free and bound hormones are bioavailable.
so is lower SHBG a good thing?

opethfeldt

so is lower SHBG a good thing?
I'm far from an expert but from what I gather, it's best for it to be at a balanced level. Not too high or low. But, given that estrogen increases it, my instincts tell me it's probably better to have on the lower end of the scale.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I'm far from an expert but from what I gather, it's best for it to be at a balanced level. Not too high or low. But, given that estrogen increases it, my instincts tell me it's probably better to have on the lower end of the scale.
just got this from haidut;
"It's been discussed many times on the forum (dht reducing test). Leydig cells express androgen receptor and studies have shown it is involved in negative feedback mechanism of T synthesis. DHT is very good at activating that receptor, more so than T. Also, some strong androgens are inhibitors of 17b-HSD3, which is needed to synthesize T. I have not seen anything about DHT inhibiting 17b-HSD3 but I 5a-androstanediol has been shown to be inhibitory and it is a metabolite of DHT."

Baltazar

I don't think it decrease or increase

But low dosage makes you make you more dht through dht trigger dht conversion from testosterone

Alot of dht taken
Will not increase testosterone
But stop the need of it's conversion

Imho

Baltazar

Dhea sublingually 1 mg
Increease dht and dhea metabolites alot
In my experience

And need to be take after big meaals

Frankdee20

Dhea sublingually 1 mg
Increease dht and dhea metabolites alot
In my experience

And need to be take after big meaals

What brand ? Douglas Laboratories has a 5MG sublingual bisected tablet

DiabloQueso

DHT is fundamentally a waste product in adult men. Reducing it significantly is good. It just does a lot of nasty stuff
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08916934.2019.1621857?journalCode=iaut20
Effect of dihydrotestosterone on the upregulation of inflammatory cytokines in cultured sebocytes. - PubMed - NCBI

Note that while that's good for people with that particular disease, you don't normally want elevated cytokines. That's one of the three biggest factors in aging and disease.

That said, you don't want your DHT levels to be zero or near zero like people who use Dutasteride because it activates ER Beta in the brain
https://www.fasebj.org/doi/abs/10.1096/fasebj.25.1_supplement.808.2

There's tons of other studies all showing the same thing(DHT increases pro-inflammatory cytokines) and that some level is needed for the brain to function properly.
The portion of people who need more DHT is dwarfed by the people who need less.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals