Does cooking vegetables destroy their vitamin C?

OP
M

Motif

A lot? Just a tiny little bit? Is it possible to say how much approximately?

ursidae

cooking destroys so many things, this should really be taken into account when using cronometer and such apps, not to mention the soil they've been grown on matters too. Sources of THIAMIN: pork, beans, peas, mushrooms. 3 out of 4 get cooked/boiled to death (it's water soluble so whatever hasn't been damaged by the heat is lost to the water) and raw pork consumption isn't advisable. Then we wonder why is everyone defficient

1615805248536.png

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Can’t tolerate OJ at all. Should I just start more Supps?

Ray has said that milk and meat have a lot of vitamin C. The reason it isn't identified( most nutrient databases say it has zero vitamin C) is because the vitamin C in these foods is already oxidized( DHAA or dihydroascorbate). I don't know of any study where they analyzed the amount of DHAA in meat and milk though.

Donnea

Cooking does not significantly destroy vitamin C. They used to think so. If you boil potatoes, for example, much of the vitamin C is released into the water. So when you pour the water off, you end up with less vitamin C in the potato than you had before boiling. This is why soup is so good. You consume the water in which the vitamin C, and many other nutrients, have been released into.

Can’t tolerate OJ at all. Should I just start more Supps?
What specifically means that you can't tolerate it?

Do you squeeze fresh orange juice by yourself or buy the (usually) sour one from the store.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

What specifically means that you can't tolerate it?

Do you squeeze fresh orange juice by yourself or buy the (usually) sour one from the store.

i get histamine symptoms , or maybe sulphate , I don’t know exactly. Dermatitis and eczema.

i tried both. But I get this from most stuff, but I think store bought OJ is the worst thing for me. I react heavy on it. I think citrus fruits in general.

I try to get my zinc : copper up. Maybe this is causing it cause it’s always low in blood tests with Ceruloplasmin too

yerrag

how about the fruit of a vegetable example charantia / ampalaya. Do you cook it like green leafy? @yerrag
I just simplified and just eat well- cooked leafy greens as my veggie. The water used for cooking would contain plenty minerals like calcium and magnesium so I'd use that water to cook rice so it doesn't go to waste.

I may be missing out on some terpenes of other veggies but I'd also be avoiding many of the pesticides used on them. The pests don't eat leaves so the leaves aren't likely to be sprayed with pesticides. At least that is the reasoning I go with.

im eating the small kind of ampalaya maybe this is a wild variety so no pesticide?

When i go a wet market why do the vendors put a liquid on the green leafy. Was is to prevent from wilting? and was it just plain water?

@yerrag