Does Coffee Prevent The Absorption Of Fluoride?

i know that coffee is chelator and prevents the absorption of iron....

i've read that magnesium and calcium prevent the absorption of fluoride

it is quite inconvenient to not be able to have a cup of coffee outside my house because i am concerned about fluoride

i may have answered my own question, but would coffee and some milk be sufficient to prevent the absorption of fluoride in tap water?

x-ray peat

somebody mentioned that boron removes fluoride from the body and I imagine if you drop a little in your coffee it would bind up the fluoride ions.

Travis

I really got my hopes up with this study: Removal of Fluoride Ions by Absorption onto Carbonaceous Materials Produced from Coffee Grounds

They modified coffee grounds with calcium and baked them (carbonized) further to increase the surface area. They retained unmodified spent coffee grounds for comparative purposes.

This was a serious study, and they took electron micrographs of the coffee grounds:
coffee.png

However, they noticed that unmodified coffee grounds did not remove the fluoride ion.

The amount of fluoride ions absorbed onto the CGs is shown in Fig.2. No absorption of the fluoride ions was observed for virgin CGs.

coffee2.png
As you can see, unmodified coffee grounds (o) do not appear on this chart and are ostensibly all laid directly on the x-axis.

This is somewhat suspicious. One would expect some variation in the measurements had they actually took them.

These people here report a fluoride concentration of 0.17 ± 0.01 µg/g in brewed coffee: Determination of Fluoride in Various Samples and Some Infusions Using a Fluoride Selective Electrode

Micrograms per gram is synonymous with parts per million. This is less than city water.

This article here presents us with concentrations of the beans themselves:

coffee3.png

So coffee does not seem particularly high in fluoride although I did see one article that gave that impression.

I cannot find a definite answer. There are too few studies on this. Perhaps a really dark roast will be able to remove some fluoride from water.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
E Does Coffee Make You Fat And Anxious? Miscellaneous 12
livesimply Does Coffee Have To Be "organic And Specialty Grade" Freshly Ground Beans? Diet 25
AretnaP How DOES One Drink Coffee Without Having It Mess With GABA/glutamate Caffeine 18
D Does Coffee With Every Meal Stop Mineral Absorbtion? Diet 4
Surfari Coffee With Every Meal - Does It Block Absorption Of Nutrients? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
M Why Does Coffee Screw Up My Bowel Function? Ask For Help or Advice 17
J How Does Everybody Take Their Coffee? Coffee 35
Parsifal Does Coffee Increase Nitric Oxide? Coffee 12
F Comedown / crankiness from lack of coffee - does this mean it's bad for me? FredSonoma 2
Bluebell What Good Stuff Does Coffee Have Apart From Caffeine? Coffee 13
D Does B-50 cause anhedonia? Water-Soluble Vitamins 8
yerrag Does Anyone Have References that Validate the Use of Urine pH as a Proxy for Blood/ECF pH? Acidity vs. Alkalinity 25
A Penis Does Not Get Quite As Hard As It Used To Ask For Help or Advice 35
Hgreen56 Does milk or calcium raise gaba? Milk 2
S Does speed of magnesium spray absorption correlate current levels of magnesium in system? Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Does magnesium glycinate increase dht? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
ScurveDream Leanness and physiology -- how does it all work (more of a rant)? Metabolism 1
lvysaur Does chicken digest faster than beef? Meat 4
deliciousfruit Does liver from grain-fed animals contain vitamin A? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 2
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
T Does adrenaline damage the nervous system? Ask For Help or Advice 3
L Does a Moderna vaccinated person cause harm to a non vaccinated person? Vaccines 15
JanP Does NDT supplement, T3/T4 or iodine raise PTH? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 4
ddjd why does saturated fat + carbs make me fat?? Ask For Help or Advice 53
Hgreen56 Does Gaba decrease metabolic rate? Diet 0
P Why Does Lowering Estrogen Slow My Hair Loss? (Interesting experience) Hair & Nails 4
Lokzo Does Lion's Mane Destroy Your Libido/Sex Drive?! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
Frankdee20 Does dietary cholesterol intake increase it ? Cholesterol 8
ursidae >70 g of PUFA a day | Does diet even matter? Diet 72
TypicalJock Does food in plastic packaging effect the food? Ask For Help or Advice 1
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 29
C Does Flowers Of Sulphur Only Benefit The Gut? Ask For Help or Advice 14
T Klonopin? How Does This Drug Do Nothing For Me? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
T Why Does Drinking Cause Suicidal Thoughts Now? Mental Issues 23
P Anti-Peat What Does Peat Have To Say About Tribal/indigenous Peoples Eating Pufa? Debate - Anti-Peat 22
jamies33 Does Believing In The Concept Of Karma Negate Belief In The Multiverse Theory? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 2
J Does Anyone Know Anything About Selleckchem Dot Com? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
H Does Tropical Weather Inhibit Metabolism? Metabolism 12
lvysaur Why Does Aspirin Lower My Bilirubin? Blood Work, Labs 1
F Does Anyone Have A Backup Of Tyw's Blog? Ask For Help or Advice 13
hominidnumber9 Why Does Finasteride Work For Some People? Hair & Nails 98
GelatinGoblin Does Sunlight Lower Thyroid And Steroids? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hgreen56 Does The Potato Juice Have The Same Amount Of Carbohydrates As The Potato Itself? Diet 2
E My Mom Tested Positive For COVID Does COVID Develop Lung Nodules? Ask For Help or Advice 5
Sexypizza Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Camphoric Acid? Digestion 5
R Does Anybody Have The Pdf Of Lysenko's Book On Heredity? Book Recommendations 0
bogbody Does This Look Like An OK Light Setup? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
N Why Does Hypothyroid Cause Puffy Face Thyroid and Hormones 2
S Does Vitamin C Increase Progesterone? Vitamins 12