Does Coffee Make Your Heart Flutter?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Fun study, but not super helpful in relation to transient palpitations.

OP
B

Birdie

Fun study, but not super helpful in relation to transient palpitations.
You're right. Kinda low brain too on second thought.

V

valdz

It did, at one point during my travel out of town with no sleep and next day I drank a few cups of Collectivo espresso just to function! Talk about palps! :oops:

RealNeat

Try good quality CO2 processed organic INSTANT coffee. It never gives me these flutters. It could be the pH, the caffeine content, the lack or presence of oils or the higher level of magnesium. Not sure.

Not sure it makes my heart flutter, but it does make me feel borderline suicidal whether i take it with a lot of fructose or not. It doesn't seem to be digestion related either as for the most part my digestion is fine..i read a while back that caffeine upregulates GABA production, but in people who are clinically depressed or who have some kind of mental health issues this pathway is shutdown so that it just results in a sharp uptake of serotonin rather than dopamine. That would at least explain the almost suicidal tendencies if that is accurate

mariantos

I have not encountered such problems from coffee consumption, the only thing I noticed is that my fingers or palms start to shake slightly after consuming 3 coffees, I mention that I consume 4 coffees daily, one cup is equivalent to 230-250 ml.

kaybb

Not sure it makes my heart flutter, but it does make me feel borderline suicidal whether i take it with a lot of fructose or not. It doesn't seem to be digestion related either as for the most part my digestion is fine..i read a while back that caffeine upregulates GABA production, but in people who are clinically depressed or who have some kind of mental health issues this pathway is shutdown so that it just results in a sharp uptake of serotonin rather than dopamine. That would at least explain the almost suicidal tendencies if that is accurate
When I first started Ray Peat and jumped into caffeine use,( always with lots of other fuel), I had the same reaction. And always wondered. The day of caffeine consumption, I’m feeling high & wonderful, along with heart palpitations. Next morning so low, and suicidal type thoughts. I’ll take magnesium, taurine and nianicimide, l-theanin, and Haidut recommended inosine to help tolerate caffeine. Also pantothenic acid and inositol can be used.
i have always wondered why such a big crash. I cut way back but still heart palps even with a small amount.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals