Does Coffee Make You Fat And Anxious?

Hgreen56

stopt watching by 13.05 minute.
anyways, Caffeine needs a special approach like drink it with a high amount sugar to keep liver glycogen full. Many people do not know this and become anxious and blame the caffeine.

OP
E

Experienced

anyways, Caffeine needs a special approach like drink it with a high amount sugar to keep liver glycogen full. Many people do not know this and become anxious and blame the caffeine.
True approach but still he's partially right about bruxism etc.

vCity

So much wrong with this video. Genetic caffeine metabolizer theory, serotonin as a positive mood neurotransmitter, and no mention of coffee/caffeine with food or liver health. More of the same coffee demonizing bull****. And this is coming from someone who can't handle that much coffee, but I handle it about 10x better when I have it with sugar/carbs. It can actually have a very calming effect when you consume it properly.

So much wrong with this video. Genetic caffeine metabolizer theory, serotonin as a positive mood neurotransmitter, and no mention of coffee/caffeine with food or liver health. More of the same coffee demonizing bull****. And this is coming from someone who can't handle that much coffee, but I handle it about 10x better when I have it with sugar/carbs. It can actually have a very calming effect when you consume it properly.

Yup. I used to drink it black and I would be flat out tweaking. Now I add sweetened condensed milk with gelatin and it makes me calm and alert. It is glorious.

equipoise

Pathetic arguments.
Just another shill. Even before discovering the works of Peat I knew coffee was akin to pushin your system into overload.
The system is well fed and the fuel is full of nutrients? Cortisol (by GABA agonism up until 400mg's in a single dose) gets lower, DHT rises.
No mention of being an extremely potent thyroid mimetic? He needs to try harder.

Enjoy your coffee and have a great day!

Bladezz

Why do SSRI work for me if serotonin isnt a mood helper?

dukesbobby777

Why do SSRI work for me if serotonin isnt a mood helper?

Serotonin re-uptake will, after a while, cause the receptors to downregulate. So your brain will still be flooded with 5HT, but with far less release of serotonin. That changes the dynamics of 5HT. Improving some symptoms, but will result in negative effects in other areas. And after prolonged use, those negative effects can either not bother you, or they can become intolerable.

Bladezz

Serotonin re-uptake will, after a while, cause the receptors to downregulate. So your brain will still be flooded with 5HT, but with far less release of serotonin. That changes the dynamics of 5HT. Improving some symptoms, but will result in negative effects in other areas. And after prolonged use, those negative effects can either not bother you, or they can become intolerable.
What about SNRI? I am on Effexor now

LA

I enjoy drinking a morning coffee. I have one or two cups in the morning, fresh ground, never pour boiling water over it and drink it with whole milk; never after 12noon. I always eat plenty of protein. Fructose and sugar make me sick and hurt my gums although I eat dark chocolate, which contains sugar for my afternoon pickup and for extra potassium. Everyone is different do what works best for you. Experiment. Take notes on your personal experiments. Learn from your mistakes.

kaybb

So it might be other mechanisms in play. Interesting. All I know is they defiantly help my panic attacks without it I wouldn't be able to go to grocery store on my own
A family member is on SSRI, without it she would not have a life. She tried supplements and other things, but nothing works as good as her medicine.

LA

What kind of carbs do you eat?
I drink 3 to 4 cups of whole milk per day, not counting what I put into my coffee. Each cup of whole milk has 11 grams of carbs. Local honey (we use only local) has 17grams of carbs per tbsp. Dark chocolate that I eat, "almost" daily, has 13grams per 3 squares of choc, I usually eat 4 squares - also a few raw pecans once in a while when in the mood altho not many carbs they have some