Does chicken digest faster than beef?

lvysaur

Intuitively, I think everyone here "feels" that it does. But it would be nice to see proof, maybe of proteins in the blood or something

But the really interesting thing is this: when I eat a lot of chicken or turkey, I get diarrhea afterwards. I associate this with serotonin/tryptophan.
I have never had this from eating beef.

It could be because beef is filling enough that I don't feel the need to eat as much. Or it could be that the nutrients from the beef are digested more slowly.

GreekDemiGod

I think the answer is yes, but can't tell you why. Back when I was a Carnivore, everyone online was saying how beef makes them more satiated than chicken.

jnklheimer

does anyone else find that reheated chicken in the microwave tastes disgusting? it gets such a weird smell and taste

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

does anyone else find that reheated chicken in the microwave tastes disgusting? it gets such a weird smell and taste
thighs or breast?

I think it's the PUFA, and maybe other stuff. Chickens and pigs are generally not raised healthily. When they are, you can really tell the difference. I had a really expensive duck recently (more expensive than a normal duck) and the fat was just solid, with very little fat surrounding the actual meat.

Perry Staltic

Maybe it's the bleach they wash chickens with when processing it to reduce salmonella. I haven't heard of them doing that with beef