Does Carrot Salad Warm Anybody Else Up Almost Immediately?

javin

I noticed that whenever I eat a tablespoon of coconut oil, followed by a carrot salad with salt and apple cider vinegar, my hands warm up almost immediately.

Does anyone else get this?

What's the method of action happening here? Is it the MCT in the coconut oil?

artist

I warm up from salt and also from vinegar, probably for two difference reasons (metabolism and histamine respectively). Perhaps you eat a lot of salt or vinegar in other contexts though. I've never noticed a special effect from carrot salad or coconut oil

OP
javin

javin

I warm up from salt and also from vinegar, probably for two difference reasons (metabolism and histamine respectively). Perhaps you eat a lot of salt or vinegar in other contexts though. I've never noticed a special effect from carrot salad or coconut oil

Interesting. In what way does salt affect metabolism? In what way does vinegar affect histamine?

I'll have to try to try these foods more on their own and away from the carrot salad to see if I get the same effects.

artist

Interesting. In what way does salt affect metabolism? In what way does vinegar affect histamine?

I'll have to try to try these foods more on their own and away from the carrot salad to see if I get the same effects.
I'm not sure I could explain the salt aspect very well but Peat has written on it quite a bit and there are probably good summaries on the board as well. All I know is that electrolytes influence the ability of the cells in the body to use energy and that having a higher mineral:water ratio can be helpful especially for hypothryoid people who tend to hold water and lose minerals, at least certain ones. Vinegar itself is high in histamine, I'm not positive this is why it has a warming effect for me but I can't think of another reason.

tankasnowgod

I noticed that whenever I eat a tablespoon of coconut oil, followed by a carrot salad with salt and apple cider vinegar, my hands warm up almost immediately.

Does anyone else get this?

What's the method of action happening here? Is it the MCT in the coconut oil?

Gotten back into the carrot salad recently, and yeah, I notice this effect. Could be lots of things, but I notice Coconut oil (usually with a carb) will raise both pulse and temperature withing 30 minutes.