Does B-50 cause anhedonia?

Daniil

I once bought a B-50 vitamin complex from now foods. But I almost did not take it. Now I decided to start taking it again and it seems that it causes anhedonia in me. Although it may not be the anhedonia, but it was once defined by my psychiatrist. At least it can be described in such a way that I am not interested in doing something and I always want to find a more interesting occupation for myself. Perhaps, this can also be called restlessness(mental). What could be the reason for such a strange reaction and how to fix it? Previously, magnesium helped me with this, but now I do not react well to taking it.

My other symptoms: metabolic acidosis, polyuria, morning weakness, increased anxiety, desire to shak leg, calf muscle spasms, acne and, it seems, high libido, frequent herpes on the lip and herpes type 6 active in the blood. And sweaty hands after I decided to take a lot of salt.

Last edited:

yerrag

No, I don't think B-50 will cause anhedonia.

It's possible but not probable. I don't know as it seems strange that you would have anhedonia but have high libido. I don't know if we ever got to determining your metabolic state in the other thread, but if your metabolism is good, then could it be that anhedonia is caused by your situation or surroundings? Have you been elsewhere where you felt you have more interest?

What do you do? Do you like your job or the school you go to? Are you studying in a field you're interested in?

There are many more things you describe and they can be all related but it's hard to guess. I asked you many questions in the other thread and I don't recall anymore what we discovered from there. It seems there were a lot of unanswered questions where we left off.

yerrag

I don't know as it seems strange that you would have anhedonia but have high libido.
I thought about this and thought that this may not be strange after all.

I seem to recall having read in the past about the motor of life. When an organism is sick, it wants to procreate before it passes on. So maybe having high libido and being sick is related after all. I don't want to alarm you, but just wanted to say what I stated earlier as strange isn't so.

So continue with your efforts to heal yourself.

OP
D

Daniil

No, I don't think B-50 will cause anhedonia.

It's possible but not probable. I don't know as it seems strange that you would have anhedonia but have high libido. I don't know if we ever got to determining your metabolic state in the other thread, but if your metabolism is good, then could it be that anhedonia is caused by your situation or surroundings? Have you been elsewhere where you felt you have more interest?

What do you do? Do you like your job or the school you go to? Are you studying in a field you're interested in?

There are many more things you describe and they can be all related but it's hard to guess. I asked you many questions in the other thread and I don't recall anymore what we discovered from there. It seems there were a lot of unanswered questions where we left off.
In general, I am satisfied with everything in my life, except for my health. It's hard to find anhedonia triggers, but the B-50 is definitely one. A large amount of beef liver also has this effect, but less pronounced.

Perhaps the problem is high glutamate or acetylcholine. b vitamins can trigger the synthesis. The only pity is that there are no ways to check it.

I also want to add that I have gynecomastia. apparently, estrogen is elevated and this can increase libido. Somewhere on the forum there was a thread that estrogen can increase libido...

yerrag

In general, I am satisfied with everything in my life, except for my health. It's hard to find anhedonia triggers, but the B-50 is definitely one. A large amount of beef liver also has this effect, but less pronounced.

Perhaps the problem is high glutamate or acetylcholine. b vitamins can trigger the synthesis. The only pity is that there are no ways to check it.

I also want to add that I have gynecomastia. apparently, estrogen is elevated and this can increase libido. Somewhere on the forum there was a thread that estrogen can increase libido...
You're right about the B-vitamins as far as methylation is involved. That's a subject I am not very well-versed with. Let's see if someone can chime in.
@redsun what is your opinion?

redsun

You're right about the B-vitamins as far as methylation is involved. That's a subject I am not very well-versed with. Let's see if someone can chime in.
@redsun what is your opinion?

Definitely the sudden surge in Acetylcholine activity from excess B vitamins, B1, B3, B5 will do this. Also if the B6 in the complex is pyridoxine, this version of B6 will actually worsen B6 status (B6 is necessary to make dopamine, serotonin, GABA). Also yes I cannot tolerate most B vitamins in pill form nowadays either. Its dependent on the individual. High ach, high histamine will not do well, high histamine reacting especially bad to supplement folate but also B3. You could easily have high libido from this.

P5P/zinc or anything that increases dopamine helps gyno.

OP
D

Daniil

Definitely the sudden surge in Acetylcholine activity from excess B vitamins, B1, B3, B5 will do this. Also if the B6 in the complex is pyridoxine, this version of B6 will actually worsen B6 status (B6 is necessary to make dopamine, serotonin, GABA). Also yes I cannot tolerate most B vitamins in pill form nowadays either. Its dependent on the individual. High ach, high histamine will not do well, high histamine reacting especially bad to supplement folate but also B3. You could easily have high libido from this.

P5P/zinc or anything that increases dopamine helps gyno.
I have always had an increased libido.

B1 reduces acetylcholine, doesn't it?

Yes, the compex contains pyridoxine. Do you think it is worth buying in the form of p5p? I thought there was no difference in the shapes. P5P won't boost my acetylcholine?

What can you recommend to reduce acetylcholine?

Thanks for the answer!

redsun

I have always had an increased libido.

B1 reduces acetylcholine, doesn't it?

Yes, the compex contains pyridoxine. Do you think it is worth buying in the form of p5p? I thought there was no difference in the shapes. P5P won't boost my acetylcholine?

What can you recommend to reduce acetylcholine?

Thanks for the answer!

Acetylcholine synthesis is dependent on acetyl-CoA which is thiamine dependent. Taking thiamine, especially megadoses of thiamine will increase acetylcholine.

Pyridoxal is the animal form we can use. Pyridoxine is the plant form and needs to be converted and excess pyridoxine (which you get from a B complex) impairs B6 metabolism.

You reduce acetylcholine by not raising it with certain things such as B vitamins, excess manganese, choline. P5P can help counteract it by increasing dopamine synthesis.

OP
D

Daniil

Acetylcholine synthesis is dependent on acetyl-CoA which is thiamine dependent. Taking thiamine, especially megadoses of thiamine will increase acetylcholine.

Pyridoxal is the animal form we can use. Pyridoxine is the plant form and needs to be converted and excess pyridoxine (which you get from a B complex) impairs B6 metabolism.

You reduce acetylcholine by not raising it with certain things such as B vitamins, excess manganese, choline. P5P can help counteract it by increasing dopamine synthesis.
But I've seen research on this topic. I think a thiamine deficiency reduces the synthesis of acetylcholine, but so does excess.

Could magnesium or copper deficiency be the cause of high acetylcholine?

By the way, it says here that vitamin E increases acetylcholine. It seems that when I took vitamin E, I also felt worse.

Thank you, I'll buy a p5p.

yerrag

Thanks @redsun I knew I wasn't helping and glad you could. @Daniil Let us know how that goes.

OP
D

Daniil

I created another topic

OP
D

Daniil

It seems my problems are caused by high histamine, not acetylcholine. I have tried taking one folic acid and it causes similar symptoms. The B1 injection gave me a small migraine attack. I intend to take methionine, continue with copper, magnesium. Is worth taking iodine?

Anxiety and libido seem to be related to this, too. Polyuria, too, perhaps.

Hwever, I am very interested in why vitamin E.

OP
D

Daniil

It's amazing how even a small amount of folic acid can create a such problem.

OP
D

Daniil

I tried methionine, it makes me feel sick. And it seems to cause a bit of drowsiness. A large amount of sugar, by the way, also causes me a similar effect. I wonder if we can conclude from this that sugar reduces histamine?)

By the way, does the use of methionine increase homocysteine?

I also saw a study on the forum that famotidine (an H2 histamine receptor antagonist) increases glycogen stores, perhaps my glycogen stores are very low due to histamine and this causes adrenaline and sweaty hands?

OP
D

Daniil

The strange thing is that (I already wrote in another thread) that my blood test for histamine showed nothing (mid-range)

OP
D

Daniil

@redsun do you know any ways to reduce histamine? Do I need to continue with the methionine? Or try B2 for example?

OP
D

Daniil

A lot of sugar requires a lot of creatine and SAMe goes to creatine synthesis instead of histamine methylation, histamine increases and causes nausea by binding to H3, H4 receptors.

OP
D

Daniil

Now it remains to understand why methionine causes nausea. Now it remains to understand why methionine causes nausea. Heptral does not trigger.

OP
D

Daniil

I remember that earlier agomelatin (5-HT2C receptor antagonist) caused me to cancel anhedonia. 5-HT2C stimulation triggers the release of Histamine. Bingo! Well, it's definitely Histamine's fault.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals