Does Aspirin Increase Appetite?

orewashin

Is this why aspirin is said to cause fat gain in the abdomen, or is that because it's a lipolysis inhibitor? Having less FFAs in the blood probably increases one's desire to consume fat, so maybe both.

Arnold Grape

Is this why aspirin is said to cause fat gain in the abdomen, or is that because it's a lipolysis inhibitor? Having less FFAs in the blood probably increases one's desire to consume fat, so maybe both.
Sure does increase your appetite— I have only ever lost weight on Aspirin, however, because I cannot keep up with the calories required. I know other people have reported gain.

lyfe

I have noticed a very strong increase in desire to eat when I take aspirin. I notice even with low dose 81 mg.

schultz

I haven't noticed. I do seem to get very warm from higher doses, probably from uncoupling. It should be good for weight-loss because it increases the metabolism and can burn fat via uncoupling.

I think someone asked Ray recently if aspirin would prevent fat loss and he seemed confused as to why it would. I believe he thought it would assist in losing fat.

lvysaur

Aspirin makes me crave high fat foods. Bigger appetite in general.

TheBeard

I would have thought with the burden it causes on the liver, it would rather decrease appetite

I am not sure that there is a burden on the liver. But aspirin does cause blood sugar to lower, and this can cause hunger.

LA

No. I take it with milk and magnesium at night and go to sleep. I eat in the day

jamies33

lyfe

At this point I am strongly considering only taking it prior to bed due to how much my appetite spikes. Kind of a bummer that it makes me so hungry considering the extreme benefits it has had on me. Aspirin has made more of an impact on my mental health & stress than anything else, including a range of pharmaceutical drugs that I have tried that are touted as being the cream of the crop for mental health. The stuff is amazing and I am starting to think that a lot of my issues were largely dependent on chronic under the radar inflammation. I have had severe telephobia, depression, & social anxiety for 10 years & after my first dose of aspirin ( 325 mg divided up ) I was calling people that I hadn't talked to in years with not an ounce of anxiety ( I would never normally do that ), I felt a massive load of stress taken off my body, and things just felt much better. Lets hope the benefits continue - I have been keeping it up with great results ever since. Taking it with Jarrow MK-7.

schultz

Cool, thanks. I might jump on the train then.
I'm thinking Redbull + aspirin. If I can do long term antibiotics with this combo without risking candida, I'm golden.

That would be a interesting combo to try. Redbull is a bit expensive though sadly. Let us know if you try it.

koky

the only way I can keep the pain in my knees down (torn meniscus) is. 1.3grams aspirin a day
if I reduce only by 1 325mg I have increased pain -
also not gaining weight or fat

Hgreen56

Sure does increase your appetite— I have only ever lost weight on Aspirin, however, because I cannot keep up with the calories required. I know other people have reported gain.
do you feel a differents? more warm or something? i don't feel a thing, even not with 1 gram.

TheBeard

Something I'm not understanding: aspirin decreases prostaglandins, but prostaglandins "are powerful, locally-acting vasodilators and inhibit the aggregation of blood platelets."

So if you decrease what inhibits platelet aggregation, by what mehanism can aspirin thin out the blood?

Sometimes I take aspirin with taurine. Always with ascorbate, niacinamide, baking soda. K2 MK4.

I take aspirin for headaches. I get them a few times a week.