Does Armour not work because people aren't chewing it?

answersfound

As much as I don't trust the FDA, I can't imagine that Forest Pharmaceuticals is administering a product that simply does not work. There are a lot of complaints found on the website below:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/rx/armour.html

The only reason I could come up with is that they aren't chewing it. Any thoughts?

tara

I think Peat said that the original Armour was batch tested for potency, but more recently no-one he knows of does this. Also, in some later formulations they extracted some of the substances to sell as separate supplements. Also, there may be different excipients that interfere with absorption of the active components. Looks like the Armour has changed ownership more than once.

Maybe chewing would help, but that might not be the whole of it. Some of the 'thyroid glandular' products have T4 actively removed. I don't know anything specifically about Armour.

OP
A

answersfound

Okay, they state the following:

"Note that the amount of thyroid hormone in the thyroid gland may vary from animal to animal. To ensure that Armour Thyroid tablets are the same from tablet to tablet and lot to lot, the amount of T4 and T3 is measured in both the raw material and in the actual tablets."

tara

I'm just speculating, but:
- Maybe the levels of T4 and T3 they are standardising on now are lower than in previous years?
- Or maybe binders/tabletting aids interfering?
- Or maybe people were benefiting from some of the other components of the thyroid gland that are no longer included?

treelady

I don't chew my thyroid and I was happy with Armour but my doctor suggested I change to Westhroid so I did. She said it might be absorbed better. I can't say that I noticed any difference.

OP
A

answersfound

treelady said:
post 108064 I don't chew my thyroid and I was happy with Armour but my doctor suggested I change to Westhroid so I did. She said it might be absorbed better. I can't say that I noticed any difference.

Thank you for your response. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals