Does Anyone Know The Usefulness Of Magnesium Blood Tests?

raypeatclips

I know some blood tests are useful and others are practically pointless for understanding the levels of a specific thing. I was wondering if anyone knew if magnesium blood tests were useful at all to determine whether someone has a magnesium deficiency? Thank you

Mito

I know some blood tests are useful and others are practically pointless for understanding the levels of a specific thing. I was wondering if anyone knew if magnesium blood tests were useful at all to determine whether someone has a magnesium deficiency? Thank you
A magnesium RBC test measures intracellular magnesium levels and gives you the amount of magnesium that has been stored in your red blood cells for the past four months. https://fixyourgut.com/magnesium-most-overlooked-mineral-for-improving-health/

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

yerrag

Interesting. I have to check if the tests other than the magnesium serum test is available in my neck of the woods.

In the absence of those tests, I rely on what Ray Peat says about making sure of your calcium and sodium levels, and if those levels are good, magnesium and potassium levels will fall in line, as long as you are taking in foods and supplements that have enough magnesium and potassium. The ionic calcium and serum sodium tests are not expensive.

tomisonbottom

Interesting. I have to check if the tests other than the magnesium serum test is available in my neck of the woods.

In the absence of those tests, I rely on what Ray Peat says about making sure of your calcium and sodium levels, and if those levels are good, magnesium and potassium levels will fall in line, as long as you are taking in foods and supplements that have enough magnesium and potassium. The ionic calcium and serum sodium tests are not expensive.

How does one know if their food contains enough mag and potassium?

Frankdee20

Magnesium is found at respectable levels in certain foods only, that should be a good reference. A lot of them aren't Peat friendly though, so supplements help get the RDA of roughly 400 mg. Spinach, chard, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, cacao, buckwheat, many beans like black beans, banana, almonds, nuts.

Frankdee20

Potassium is found in high amounts in sweet potatoes, white potatoes, winter squash, white beans, fat free yogurt.

yerrag

Green leaves are high in calcium and magnesium. Coffee as well. Fruits have plenty of potassium. Since I make fruit juice everyday with my juicer, and get what local fruit is available in season, I get my fill of potassium without having to pay a premium. Fruits that are local have much less chance of being sprayed with toxic stuff, so it's a good way to go.

D

danishispsychic

After binging on Mag since I was so sure that i was deficient... my blood pressure kept getting super low, and i had hear palps at night. After reading more of Dr. Peats work, I realized that I was ignoring calcium since I was dairy free for like ever and drinking green drinks all the time. YUCK. I HATE green drinks now. I think that the balance is so important with Cal/Mag/ and of course Zinc.

D

danishispsychic

After binging on Mag ( oral supplements , topical ) since I was so sure that i was deficient... my blood pressure kept getting super low, and i had hear palps at night and ear ringing. After reading more of Dr. Peats work, I realized that I was ignoring calcium since I was dairy free for like ever. Im trying to do more diary although I just do not support the dairy industry like i detest the meat industry. URGH. I think that the balance is so important with Cal/Mag/ and of course Zinc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals