Does anyone know of any natural solutions to help reduce intracranial pressure? (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, Pseudotumour Cerebri)

jpgio

There is virtually no information on this online and there are so many people suffering with this disease. It seems like something that could potentially be partially mitigated with dietary/nutritional interventions.

Thank you!

K

Kaur Singh

Bs, minerals and improving metabolism/mitochondrial function resolved mine...

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Bs, minerals and improving metabolism/mitochondrial function resolved mine...
That is what I like to hear. It seems to be one of the conditions that less people are exploring natural ways to help.

Jon2547

Would not talking on cordless phones help?

JamesGatz

Do you eat gelatin? I get these symptoms whenever I go a day without gelatin and just feel really unwell in the head in general - feels like my head actually expands as a loose-fitting cap suddenly becomes tighter when this happens

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Do you eat gelatin? I get these symptoms whenever I go a day without gelatin and just feel really unwell in the head in general - feels like my head actually expands as a loose-fitting cap suddenly becomes tighter when this happens
have never tried just gelatin but a bone broth i was eating significantly worsened symptoms unfortunately

JohnHafterson

Be careful with Vitamin A/retinoids as they can cause or exacerbate icp and similar issues.

This article discusses caution on Vitamin A and does mention acetazolamide for reducing pressure.

So perhaps thiamine may be worth looking into if it works on csf pressure?

Attachments

• 31420.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

JohnHafterson

Some interesting commentary on Thiamine and effects in intracranial pressure and the mechanisms in this letter/article.

The link does work:

Perhaps some fat soluble allithiamine - Benfotiamine to cross blood brain barrier but regular thiamine may work as article discusses a few reasons...

Last edited:
OP
jpgio

jpgio

Be careful with Vitamin A/retinoids as they can cause or exacerbate icp and similar issues.

This article discusses caution on Vitamin A and does mention acetazolamide for reducing pressure.

So perhaps thiamine may be worth looking into if it works on csf pressure?
Yeah even a small amount beta carotene can cause me extreme negative reactions.

74one

There is virtually no information on this online and there are so many people suffering with this disease. It seems like something that could potentially be partially mitigated with dietary/nutritional interventions.

Thank you!
What you have in mind when you talk about ICP? Are you diagnosed with brain inflammation and Intracranial Hypertension or just migraine like headache?

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Has anyone seen any research showing if aspirin could reduce intracranial pressure?

ThinPicking

I know a thing or two. One of my dearest friends was labelled with hydrocephalus and fitted with a VP shunt before anyone could convince her otherwise. It only stays in range if she's careful with fluid consumption.

Body fluid balance and dynamics are the areas you need to turn over. Don't be specific about pathology, everything is connected.

If I were the person concerned I'd try to get a handle on it by liberal consumption of isotonic/hypertonic fluids (*only*) for 24-48 hours. Then I'd be very careful with free water consumption, paying close attention to how it makes me feel. Eat heartily in between.

I don't drink milk so my go to would be strong coffee with honey, lemon tea with honey, chamomile tea with honey and coconut water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals