Does anyone know of a good, EFFECTIVE moisturiser for hands?

Josh

My eczema is GONE everywhere else, apart from my fingers! I have Dyshidrosis eczema on my fingers, them small blisters that itch like crazy and they burst when scratched and then leave broken skin.

Yes yes I’ve tried all the natural things: Coconut oil, shea, Squalane, Lanolin, tallow etc etc etc etc it’s just a waste of time. The only things that have made a difference are the mainstream moisturisers like Cerave for example.

Is there a ‘safer’ mainstream moisturiser product that anyone knows of that is UK accessible?

I can’t seem to use something that is oil like, it has to be like a white cream/lotion type thing.

I have a few different examples of main stream moisturisers that look good, but this is one of them: https://www.feelunique.com/p/CeraVe...sdALdgT95qu6R02jxbBoC-yIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks!

mostlylurking

Maybe you already tried this combination? My husband mixes 50% hydrogenated coconut oil and 50% lanolin together. The two mixed together are like a totally different substance. It works really well for dry cracked sun damaged skin.

Jkbp

This is an excellent organic cream. It goes on very thick and soaks in quickly. I buy it by the gallon and use it on my body after showering. I buy these (smaller) tubes to keep in my car, for my hands.

Attachments

• E69F23E0-3DAA-46A9-806F-51CE92A7E3FB.png
    E69F23E0-3DAA-46A9-806F-51CE92A7E3FB.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 49

L91

I had the same thing, the rest of my eczema went away from moisturising and not scratching it.

I tried everything natural too, but in the end what calmed it down was a steroid cream prescribed by my doctor. I was meant to use it like twice a day for a week, and I think I used it once a day for a few days and it settled down a lot. And then once it had calmed a bit started using a intensive hand moisturiser, it was Cerave actually.

Anyway, in this case using the "mainstream" solution for a short time was what worked.
I put it off for ages cause I was really paranoid about the steroid cream etc, and it got really painful and inflamed. But tbh that's what worked, and anything natural kinda made it worse.

I think it needed the inflammation calming before any moisturising worked. And the steroid cream seemed to do the job quite effectively.

The eczema is gone now, theres a tiny patch of dryish skin that I put moisturizer on sometimes if I've been washing my hands a lot etc. I can put oil and stuff on it too now cause it's just skin that's a tiny bit dry. Before it wouldve inflamed it more.

David PS

Inaut

I use a mixture of mct, lanolin and orange wax. Best moisturizer ever. Cleared up my dishydrotic eczema which no cream was ever able to do. I think I’ve had a shift in metabolism and gut health though which accounts for much of my “success”.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom