Does Anyone Know If You Can Buy Pure Progesterone Powder?

Mossy

I know a compounding pharmacy that ships internationally that can compound any hormone at any concentration, even sky high concentration.
PM
Good to know this is available.

P.S. I hope Higgins is well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom, are you using this powder topically? If so what carrier are you using? What is the ratio of progesterone to the carrier? I would like to try to make my own topical as well.?
No, sorry I’m using it orally!

Michael Mohn

Interesting that you feel Idealab’s has more punch. Was this just for topical or oral as well?

I’m not opposed to liquid prog—I have Progeste-E. But for topical scalp application, I feel a powder mixed with ethanol would be better than the oily and sticky Progeste-E.
Both. Rubbing a few drops of progesterone on the neck has a fast and relaxing effect. I mix sometimes progesterone with dhe@ and put it topically and lick the rest off the scale but mostly I take dh€@ with pregnenolone. I had a 50g bag from health nature and it lasted forever, still not done. The effect is noticeable but subtle nothing in comparison to the first dose, which felt like a good acid trip.

Mossy

Both. Rubbing a few drops of progesterone on the neck has a fast and relaxing effect. I mix sometimes progesterone with dhe@ and put it topically and lick the rest off the scale but mostly I take dh€@ with pregnenolone. I had a 50g bag from health nature and it lasted forever, still not done. The effect is noticeable but subtle nothing in comparison to the first dose, which felt like a good acid trip.
I would be curious to know what you used as the carrier for the powder. My plan is to use ethanol, by way of a strong vodka. My hope is that with the right carrier/delivery component it can be close in potency to Idealabs.

Michael Mohn

I would be curious to know what you used as the carrier for the powder. My plan is to use ethanol, by way of a strong vodka. My hope is that with the right carrier/delivery component it can be close in potency to Idealabs.
You need pure 100% medicinal ethanol which is very expensive and hard to get in Germany. The 4% water in distilled alcohol will make all steroids stick together as they're highly hydrophobe. Forget vodka which is 60% water. Therefore I use tocopherol and vitamin D in mct oil. You can try an alcoholester like Isopropyl myristate, cheap & safe but with an oily afterfeel or isopropanol if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Mossy

You need pure 100% medicinal ethanol which is very expensive and hard to get in Germany. The 4% water in distilled alcohol will make all steroids stick together as they're highly hydrophobe. Forget vodka which is 60% water. Therefore I use tocopherol and vitamin D in mct oil. You can try an alcoholester like Isopropyl myristate, cheap & safe but with an oily afterfeel or isopropanol if you don't mind.
Thank you for the info. I didn’t realize Isopropyl alcohol would be as effective as a 151 proof vodka. I prefer the isopropyl, based on price alone. Would you happen to know if I would have to get the 90% isopropyl? Thanks for the help, as I am no chemist.

Michael Mohn

Thank you for the info. I didn’t realize Isopropyl alcohol would be as effective as a 151 proof vodka. I prefer the isopropyl, based on price alone. Would you happen to know if I would have to get the 90% isopropyl? Thanks for the help, as I am no chemist.
I didn't knew 90% isopropanol is a thing. Here they sell it only 100%. What ever solvent you use it can't have any water in it as it will make all hydrophobic substances like steroids stick together instead of allowing the molecules to disperse, which facilitates absorption.

Mossy

I didn't knew 90% isopropanol is a thing. Here they sell it only 100%. What ever solvent you use it can't have any water in it as it will make all hydrophobic substances like steroids stick together instead of allowing the molecules to disperse, which facilitates absorption.
Very interesting. Your knowledge is very appreciated.

As for the 90% isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol), that is the strongest I’ve seen for sale in retail stores in the US. But I did find this on amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B0868R7JF6

Mossy

My thought is that the discussion of how to deliver the progesterone powder into skin is relevant to this original topic, so I thought I would continue it here. If it’s preferred, I can move it to its own thread.

My plan is to combine isopropyl alcohol and isopropyl myristate. I will need to determine percentages. If there are any additional ingredients, recipes, or advice that others have, please share.

MeatOrchid

My thought is that the discussion of how to deliver the progesterone powder into skin is relevant to this original topic, so I thought I would continue it here. If it’s preferred, I can move it to its own thread.

My plan is to combine isopropyl alcohol and isopropyl myristate. I will need to determine percentages. If there are any additional ingredients, recipes, or advice that others have, please share.
You could use Eugenol. Haidut used it for pregnenolone

Mossy

You could use Eugenol. Haidut used it for pregnenolone
Thank you for the input. I know nothing about eugenol, so I just looked it up. It seems it is an oil, which I was hoping to stay away from. But, I do see eugenol is present in close bud oil, which is supposed to be good for hair growth, and that is where I would be applying this progesterone mix. So, I won’t completely write it off yet. Actually, maybe I’ll mix a little in with the isopropyl alcohol.

MeatOrchid

Thank you for the input. I know nothing about eugenol, so I just looked it up. It seems it is an oil, which I was hoping to stay away from. But, I do see eugenol is present in close bud oil, which is supposed to be good for hair growth, and that is where I would be applying this progesterone mix. So, I won’t completely write it off yet. Actually, maybe I’ll mix a little in with the isopropyl alcohol.
It has a delicious sent, but wash your hands and don't rub eyes or delicate areas, you will feel the Eugenol

Mossy

It has a delicious sent, but wash your hands and don't rub eyes or delicate areas, you will feel the Eugenol
Ok, I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you.

Progesterone

No, sorry I’m using it orally!

Hi Blossom.

I just started using suchlabs prog orally as well. 100mg/night

It's really good stuff and very legit.

Do you also get super relaxed/sleepy after dosing? (30min+ later)

Love it.

Mossy

Hi Blossom.

Love it.
That's quite a large dose for a man. Do you mind sharing your experience? Do you feel ok the next day, any grogginess or dehydration? How many straight nights of a 100mg dose? Do you have a plan with this supplement, as in starting high and go down to a maintenance dose?

Progesterone

That's quite a large dose for a man. Do you mind sharing your experience? Do you feel ok the next day, any grogginess or dehydration? How many straight nights of a 100mg dose? Do you have a plan with this supplement, as in starting high and go down to a maintenance dose?

100mg/day oral was always the goal.

I just hope I can keep purchasing this long term (i.e hope the company stays in business)

I also uses additional progesterone in the way of cream. (Source Naturals Progesterone Cream) It's good stuff, I apply a lot on forehead, twice daily within 12hrs apart. I probably apply 20mg to 40mg twice a day of the cream. FYI this cream is really good, much better than the other OTC creams I've used, and read a lot of reviews stating it works as good as rx compounded cream.

I use prog for stress, and hair health.

No I don't feel groggy waking up, I feel good. I sleep amazing too.

I do notice, because I use the cream on my face, it has COMPLETELY resolved my blotchy, red rash skin on my face which I've had for probably a year prior, not sure why but I think stress related, and nothing resolved it, no moisturizer, etc, but Progesterone cream fixed it good, and skin looks and feels fantastic now.

Mossy

100mg/day oral was always the goal.

I just hope I can keep purchasing this long term (i.e hope the company stays in business)

I also uses additional progesterone in the way of cream. (Source Naturals Progesterone Cream) It's good stuff, I apply a lot on forehead, twice daily within 12hrs apart. I probably apply 20mg to 40mg twice a day of the cream. FYI this cream is really good, much better than the other OTC creams I've used, and read a lot of reviews stating it works as good as rx compounded cream.

I use prog for stress, and hair health.

No I don't feel groggy waking up, I feel good. I sleep amazing too.

I do notice, because I use the cream on my face, it has COMPLETELY resolved my blotchy, red rash skin on my face which I've had for probably a year prior, not sure why but I think stress related, and nothing resolved it, no moisturizer, etc, but Progesterone cream fixed it good, and skin looks and feels fantastic now.
Wow, that is a ton of progesterone. I'm not saying you should not do it, I'm just surprised at your success with it—which is obviously a good thing.

I have the very same brand progesterone powder you use, but I feel off the next day: overly emotional, kind of a spacey grogginess, and dehydration. Maybe this is the initial estrogen being pushed out and eventually I'll be at a balanced state. I'll continue to try it.

It does make my skin look good, but not the drape and elasticity of the skin, if that doesn't sound too strange and contradictory. And after continued usage of roughly 20mg topical doses, my skin can look off, like maybe weaker and more fragile. I also feel it gives that same weakness and fragility to my teeth and gums.

We're all different and what works for one does not work for another. I'm glad to hear of your success with it.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Progesterone

Wow, that is a ton of progesterone. I'm not saying you should not do it, I'm just surprised at your success with it—which is obviously a good thing.

I have the very same brand progesterone powder you use, but I feel off the next day: overly emotional, kind of a spacey grogginess, and dehydration. Maybe this is the initial estrogen being pushed out and eventually I'll be at a balanced state. I'll continue to try it.

It does make my skin look good, but not the drape and elasticity of the skin, if that doesn't sound too strange and contradictory. And after continued usage of roughly 20mg topical doses, my skin can look off, like maybe weaker and more fragile. I also feel it gives that same weakness and fragility to my teeth and gums.

We're all different and what works for one does not work for another. I'm glad to hear of your success with it.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

You're using the same prog powder orally?

I put it in gelatin capsule. 100mg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom.

Love it.
Yes if I go above 70 mg.

Mossy

You're using the same prog powder orally?

I put it in gelatin capsule. 100mg
The highest dose of that same prog powder I've used is 12mg, in a capsule. I am a bit intimidated at the thought of using 100mg. I know I shouldn't be that surprised at the larger dose you're using, considering there are others who are using even more and having success. I will have to wait til I have several days off in a row, before I try that. In order to deal with the side effects.

Last edited: