Does anyone know if retinol and riboflavin work together?

GorillaHead

What are ways to optimize riboflavin function and does vitamin A work with riboflavin some how ?

aliml

Riboflavin is required to convert Vitamin A to Retinoic acid.

Riboflavin is important in Vitamin B6 related metabolism and is require to produce the active form of Folate and for the conversion of Tryptophan to Vitamin B3.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Riboflavin is required to convert Vitamin A to Retinoic acid.

Riboflavin is important in Vitamin B6 related metabolism and is require to produce the active form of Folate and for the conversion of Tryptophan to Vitamin B3.
Thank you. This is wonderful.

ww3not4me

Google got hits on this with me just typing in Riboflavin and Retinol.

So did you actual try researching this? What permeations did you already try in google so we do not repeat those same searches? How deep do you want to dive? Like Ray Peat deep which is fantastically deep or what?

The very first thing to pop up was: Retinol and riboflavin supplementation decreases the prevalence of anemia in Chinese pregnant women taking iron and folic Acid supplements - PubMed

All vitamins, minerals, hormones, enzyme etc....interact with each other in some way directly or indirectly.

In what cells and in what way?

What is more important is why do you think you need more of them? What do you hope to influence with them?

I can understand having issues though with a google search. I found that my Vitamin D absorption improved drastically when I started to supplement with boron but the only way to find that information is search directly for it very very specifically. You had to already have some idea to look for it to find it.

There is a lot of work on Vitamin B2, A and E co-administration but you get more hits in scholarly articles if you have some idea of what your looking for specifically.

What you might want to try is looking at the enzymatic pathways these nutrient take and see what affects what to see interactions. Always start with the target and work out!

:M :B.

Any of you supping B2 right now? notice any bad reactions?

I tried a largish dose a couple times last week and think i had a big allergic reaction. Nose was running all day it was brutal. I have the life giving store brand. not that their product is bad or anything, could just be me.

I was one of those poisoned nose bleed kids growing up. Probably needed the b vitamins and the retinol.

ww3not4me

Any of you supping B2 right now? notice any bad reactions?

I tried a largish dose a couple times last week and think i had a big allergic reaction. Nose was running all day it was brutal. I have the life giving store brand. not that their product is bad or anything, could just be me.

I was one of those poisoned nose bleed kids growing up. Probably needed the b vitamins and the retinol.
I ordered some to try but Amazon only sent me one bottle and I ordered a 2 pack so I have to return it. If not I would have started today. I want to try and impact my glucose metabolism with it because I have type 2 diabetes. I reversed it once before then I got Covid-19 bad and it really messed my entire metabolism up. So I am willing to try anything once maybe twice since a lot of the diabetic drugs I have tried have caused me really bad side effects. If it works well it also causes me sever side effects that do not go away. I can only imagine the damage SARS-CoV-2 did to my organs! It completely undid everything I had done to lose 79lbs. and reverse my diabetes!

I considered injectable but figured I would try oral route first.

I take a B-Complex daily and have played around with Niacin at threptic doses and had terrible side effect in terms of feeling like I had the worst flu ever for over a month. When I stopped the Niacin at actual therapeutic dosages symptoms went away when I returned to them symptoms reappeared. So hoping B2 is not more of the same. Will say this prob. 2 decades ago now I did high dose B12 injection via my doctor daily and no positive or negative side affects at all!

B vitamins are powerful and in my case they either do nothing until I breach a certain threshold then they seam to smack me down hard once I breach that limit!

I am surprised that Mexidol has worked so well for me with no side negative side effects since I am taking 250mg 2X a day and 125mg at bed time. That is 625mg a day of a vitamin B6 derivative or should I say a B6 molecule that has been modified.

That said I plan on starting the B2 at 500mg every other day and titrating up over 4 weeks slowly. For me side effects normally present from drugs or supplements in feeling run down, depressed, diarrhea, painful urination or body aches. It normaly is just a matter of degree's!

:M :B.

I ordered some to try but Amazon only sent me one bottle and I ordered a 2 pack so I have to return it. If not I would have started today. I want to try and impact my glucose metabolism with it because I have type 2 diabetes. I reversed it once before then I got Covid-19 bad and it really messed my entire metabolism up. So I am willing to try anything once maybe twice since a lot of the diabetic drugs I have tried have caused me really bad side effects. If it works well it also causes me sever side effects that do not go away. I can only imagine the damage SARS-CoV-2 did to my organs! It completely undid everything I had done to lose 79lbs. and reverse my diabetes!

I considered injectable but figured I would try oral route first.

I take a B-Complex daily and have played around with Niacin at threptic doses and had terrible side effect in terms of feeling like I had the worst flu ever for over a month. When I stopped the Niacin at actual therapeutic dosages symptoms went away when I returned to them symptoms reappeared. So hoping B2 is not more of the same. Will say this prob. 2 decades ago now I did high dose B12 injection via my doctor daily and no positive or negative side affects at all!

B vitamins are powerful and in my case they either do nothing until I breach a certain threshold then they seam to smack me down hard once I breach that limit!

I am surprised that Mexidol has worked so well for me with no side negative side effects since I am taking 250mg 2X a day and 125mg at bed time. That is 625mg a day of a vitamin B6 derivative or should I say a B6 molecule that has been modified.

That said I plan on starting the B2 at 500mg every other day and titrating up over 4 weeks slowly. For me side effects normally present from drugs or supplements in feeling run down, depressed, diarrhea, painful urination or body aches. It normaly is just a matter of degree's!
I don't know a whole lot about all the B vitmains, but I was looking into it the other day and seems Ray has mentioned this combo:

1647668495335.png

My reaction to the b2 was just a crazy runny nose and stuffed sinus all day. I'm not 100% certain it was the B2 since it is pollen season here, but it was way worse than usual, or it was a combo of everything and breathing in air near possible shedders. Guess I should try some more and see if it happens again. Hope you get your metabolism back up and going.

P

Peatness

I don't know a whole lot about all the B vitmains, but I was looking into it the other day and seems Ray has mentioned this combo:

View attachment 34779

My reaction to the b2 was just a crazy runny nose and stuffed sinus all day. I'm not 100% certain it was the B2 since it is pollen season here, but it was way worse than usual, or it was a combo of everything and breathing in air near possible shedders. Guess I should try some more and see if it happens again. Hope you get your metabolism back up and going.
Your reaction to b2 was 'normal'. B2 is highly allergic, Dr Peat has warned about this. I recall him suggesting a very small amount if supplementing. I think the dose was 10mg. If I find his quote on this I will post

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals