Does Anyone Know How They're Treating COVID-19 In UK Hospitals?

There's a real gap in the British press and government's "narrative" when it comes to exactly how they're treating these critical patients once they get to hospital. It's just like "They're being admitted to hospital...they tried their best to save them...but they succumbed to the virus." It seems to be such a major topic of conversation in other nations, but in the UK it's almost assumed that the NHS are obviously providing the best possible care. I'm sure they are trying their best, but I'd really like to know how they're treating them. And this isn't intended to be a leading question either! I just think it should be public knowledge.

bobbity

I do yes, they are treating symptomatically. Nothing more. None of the candidate drugs are being trialed although there is talk about when this will eventually happen.

OP
T
I do yes, they are treating symptomatically. Nothing more. None of the candidate drugs are being trialed although there is talk about when this will eventually happen.

Hey, thanks for getting back about this. Thought this was another dead thread!

Could you elaborate on what symptomatic treatment means in the case of coronavirus? Oxygen therapy? Ventilators with sedation?

bobbity

Symptomatic as in treating the obvious symptoms, high temperature, difficulty breathing etc... Whether oxygen is just given via nasal cannula or ventilated under sedation is dependent on the patient's condition. Just the standard care for anyone with a bad flu or pneumonia basically! It's pretty hopeless really, why not just administer a course of leeches and beat the patient with a pickled snake or something while chanting a prayer, might do more good...

ThinPicking

BBC News (urgh) have been running specials like these throughout. Ventilators, bed flipping, all the bull**** you would expect.

The NHS is a particularly dangerous subsection of the medical industrial complex. It must die.

ThinPicking

In monetary terms, it's not free. It never has been. It never will be.

In philosophical terms, it's not free. It never has been. It never will be.

The profession isn't inherently a problem, it's the institutions we have. Licensing, training, go forth, understand it.

Last edited:

Luke

My sister in law is a researcher for an NHS Trust near London and I'm pretty sure (I've heard from a primary source) they're trialling multiple drugs around the country. She normally does trials for new heart attack treatments but everything has been put on hold and everyone is working with covid.

I swear a lot of what is said on this forum is just people talking out their arse.

ThinPicking

My sister in law is a researcher for an NHS Trust near London and I'm pretty sure (I've heard from a primary source) they're trialling multiple drugs around the country. She normally does trials for new heart attack treatments but everything has been put on hold and everyone is working with covid.

I swear a lot of what is said on this forum is just people talking out their arse.
I guess you're referring to this kind of institutional corruption.

Blood clots targeted in Covid-19 treatment trial

We think outside the box here.