Does anyone here use Berberine regularly?

I'm wondering if Berberine is something Peat has spoken about

I heard about its benefits for gut health and insulin sensitivity

Have you tried it out? Best brand that carries is seems to be Thorne

Sila

I've been using it for 2 weeks now (British supplements brand) pretty much resolved all my gut issues (sibo, fungus and parasites), and can now digest milk properly.

yerrag

I've used it. It helped with my arthritis. It neutralizes an enzyme made by bacteria that produces a protein that reduces insulin sensitivity, as well as cause an auto-immune response at the knees and joints. But since I pretty much did away with the bacteria, I have no reason to keep using it. Regularly using something isn't the best thing, but helps manage the situation while you are trying to find the true root cause and eliminating the cause.

OP
RenaissanceMan
Good to hear, thank you.

I'm gonna use it mainly to fix my gut.

Has it had an anti-inflammatory effect on your gut as well or do you think all of the benefits are due to its antimicrobial effects?

yerrag

Good to hear, thank you.

I'm gonna use it mainly to fix my gut.

Has it had an anti-inflammatory effect on your gut as well or do you think all of the benefits are due to its antimicrobial effects?
My situation is different as I have no perceptible signs of any gut issue and if there was some inflammation going on, it may just be minor and I have not had issues with my gut for as long as I can remember - chronically speaking.

I think the effects are anti-enzyme produced by the bacteria. I had to take some antibiotics to keep the bacteria in check and suppressed to finally not have the arthritis on my knee. Since I have also dealt with the periodontal cause of the bacterial colonization/infection, the bacterial infection has not persisted. There are many level to fixing an issue in my case of arthritis.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
There is something better than Berberine called Dihydroberberine. Check it out here:

⁣Ever heard of the anti-diabetic supplement Berberine? That's old news. Keep up with the times! ⁣
What I am referring to in this post is “DIHYDROBERBERINE” (DHB):⁣⁣

?WHAT IS DHB?⁣⁣
DHB is a derivative of berberine. The chemical structure of DHB gives it an incredible advantage – DHB is easily absorbed into the intestine, where its then oxidized back into berberine and sent into the plasma.⁣
⁣⁣
?KEY BENEFITS OF DHB:⁣⁣
✅ Accelerates fat loss.⁣⁣
✅ 3-5 times better absorption than regular Berberine. ⁣⁣
✅ Lower dosage required than regular Berberine.⁣⁣
✅ Less GI upset.⁣⁣
✅ Improved noradrenaline levels (energy/arousal promotion).⁣⁣
✅ Increases NGF (Nerve growth factor).⁣⁣
✅ Fights metabolic dysfunction. ⁣⁣
(References available on request)⁣⁣

⁣⁣
?CHEAT A HIGH SUGAR MEAL!⁣⁣
We all have junk food from time to time. Feel LESS guilty for binging on chocolate or sweets by taking 1 capsule of DHB 30 mins before your meal, as this will LOWER the blood sugar spike. ⁣⁣

Bex

There is something better than Berberine called Dihydroberberine. Check it out here:

⁣Ever heard of the anti-diabetic supplement Berberine? That's old news. Keep up with the times! ⁣

?WHAT IS DHB?⁣⁣
DHB is a derivative of berberine. The chemical structure of DHB gives it an incredible advantage – DHB is easily absorbed into the intestine, where its then oxidized back into berberine and sent into the plasma.⁣
⁣⁣
✅ Less GI upset.⁣⁣

⁣⁣
We all have junk food from time to time. Feel LESS guilty for binging on chocolate or sweets by taking 1 capsule of DHB 30 mins before your meal, as this will LOWER the blood sugar spike. ⁣⁣
Have you a particular brand you recommend? Thanks ??

Dr. B

?WHAT IS DHB?⁣⁣
⁣⁣
✅ Less GI upset.⁣⁣

⁣⁣
where you get it from?
didnt someone on here say berberine has issues similar to metformin, it lowers blood sugar but doesnt it promote glycolysis or something like that...
i dont know if regular berberines worth using either mate

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
where you get it from?
didnt someone on here say berberine has issues similar to metformin, it lowers blood sugar but doesnt it promote glycolysis or something like that...
i dont know if regular berberines worth using either mate
(Affiliate disclaimer)

Aad

Berberine is amazing. It also improved my erections tremendously.

TobyBjorn

I've used berberine on and off for several years after initially finding it in my search for wound-healing and bone-regeneration therapies. I notice a nontrivial antidepressant effect comparable in potency to my experience with Hypericum perforatum. Another shared trait between St Johns Wort and berberine, both have shown some promise in the treatment of vitiligo by interacting with the melanocortin response.
I like berberine a lot, it boosts my sense of wellbeing and does seem to help my tan.

Dr. B

I've used berberine on and off for several years after initially finding it in my search for wound-healing and bone-regeneration therapies. I notice a nontrivial antidepressant effect comparable in potency to my experience with Hypericum perforatum. Another shared trait between St Johns Wort and berberine, both have shown some promise in the treatment of vitiligo by interacting with the melanocortin response.
I like berberine a lot, it boosts my sense of wellbeing and does seem to help my tan.
have you tried cissus quadralangus or something? supposedly it has some healing benefits? i havent used it cause concern of side effects.
berberine has a catabolic effect. it raises AMPK drastically and lowers mTor anabolism. you can feel muscles start to burn up. it has the same effect as using T3, or doing excess cardio. where the muscles just start burning up too much for fuel.

do you have vitiligo? Ray mentioned vitamin d an progesterone maintain the pigment cells.

st johns wort is very dangerous isnt it. pro serotonin or something.

TobyBjorn

have you tried cissus quadralangus or something? supposedly it has some healing benefits? i havent used it cause concern of side effects.
berberine has a catabolic effect. it raises AMPK drastically and lowers mTor anabolism. you can feel muscles start to burn up. it has the same effect as using T3, or doing excess cardio. where the muscles just start burning up too much for fuel.

do you have vitiligo? Ray mentioned vitamin d an progesterone maintain the pigment cells.

st johns wort is very dangerous isnt it. pro serotonin or something.
Whether by diet and lifestyle, genetic predisposition, or all of the above I build muscle quickly and retain it with little effort. Neither thyroid or berberine have had a measurable influence on my muscle mass.
I do not have vitiligo. I pay attention to research on that affliction as a back door to information about skin tanning in general. I have a Swedish complexion but I never got sun burned in 3 years living at high altitude in the tropics, despite lots of sun exposure. This motivated me to research wtf is going on.. indeed, vit D, thyroid, progesterone, copper, vit A, etc.
I don’t take st johns wort, but neither would I call it very dangerous. Worthy of respect, certainly.
I don’t trust Cissus.
For wound healing:
All: red light, swimming in the Pacific, sunlight.
Bone: Terminalia arjuna, K/D/calcium
Supercifial: panthenol, bpc-157, possibly neroli, vit. E

Dr. B

Whether by diet and lifestyle, genetic predisposition, or all of the above I build muscle quickly and retain it with little effort. Neither thyroid or berberine have had a measurable influence on my muscle mass.
I do not have vitiligo. I pay attention to research on that affliction as a back door to information about skin tanning in general. I have a Swedish complexion but I never got sun burned in 3 years living at high altitude in the tropics, despite lots of sun exposure. This motivated me to research wtf is going on.. indeed, vit D, thyroid, progesterone, copper, vit A, etc.
I don’t take st johns wort, but neither would I call it very dangerous. Worthy of respect, certainly.
I don’t trust Cissus.
For wound healing:
All: red light, swimming in the Pacific, sunlight.
Bone: Terminalia arjuna, K/D/calcium
Supercifial: panthenol, bpc-157, possibly neroli, vit. E
what is the bpc 157 whats its purpose.
how does vitiligo relat to skin tanning. also have you looked into vitamin d, copper, melatonin, tyrosine and how these relate to skin tanning and pigment. vitamin C too. I think for example vitamin D will darken skin color, vitamin C lightens it due to its effects against copper. tyrosine as a supplement likely darkens it. isnt it called tyrosine hydroxylase or something which darkens the skin.

TobyBjorn

BPC157: BPC 157's effect on healing

Vitiligo:

David PS

August 2022
1661356261420.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals