Does Anyone Here Have A Zumex Juicer? Saves A Lot Of Time/effort

SuperStressed

Im currently using this:
Breville+the+Citrus+Press%25u2122+Pro.jpg

Its electric and saves some time. Too bad its made from Stainless Steel which will leak nickel but there is no perfect option in this scenario, especially if you drink a lot of orange juice.

In the past Ive used this

images

But it takes more effort and actually has aluminum on the part that presses down on the fruit! most of these types of machines are like that. aluminum + Citric acid = no no.

I was thinking of saving up to buy this to save time when Im doing 2-3 quarts of OJ a day

concerns: "Zumex ASP (Antibacterial Silver Polymer) is a silver ion-based technology that inhibits the growth of bacteria, guaranteeing extra-efficient and long-lasting protection."

Im not sure if this is really bad? or just as bad as using the stainless steel tool which I wash with water and detergent anyway.

Theres also a smaller version called the zumex soul and a version 2 is on its way. I dont think this version uses the silver ion-based tech.

Last edited:

boris

I was looking into these Zumex machines some time back. I don't like the plastic inside (BPA, BPS exposure) and the fact that the juice comes into contact with the rind (for non organic oranges). Also the price of about 2k is just ridiculous. I was ready to spend 700 for a used one, but figured it's not worth it for me. Also cleaning looks like a hassle with so many moving parts.

After lots of back and forth I landed on the Optimum Aqualotus. The top part doesn't really come into contact with any juice and I am fine with the short contact with the metal sieve. It's one of the only ones that has basically no complaints from reviewers, a lot of the slightly cheaper models have people complaining about paint bits falling into the juice.

I think it's way faster and less hassle than the small electric juicers (your first picture).
It's super easy to clean (only two parts to wash), massive and sturdy.

71aL6irsgtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Too bad I bought it before finding out how shitty the oranges here are :lol:. Hopefully it'll get more use in the future.

Last edited:
L

Lord Cola

The bigger model ("Versatile" I think) makes juice very quickly. The rind usually does not come into contact with the juice. They put a video demonstrating this on youtube. But if you don't have a large enough place to clean it, it can be annoying to clean, since the parts that you disassemble are large. If you want to juice oranges right before you drink, you would be better off with a manual juicer.

The thing you might want to look out for with manual juicers is that some of them are made with cast aluminum, cast iron, etc., if you're worried you are about this.

Manual juicers with handles that you spin a couple of times are slower than those with handles that come straight down. The ones that come straight down require a bit more force.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom