Does Anyone Here Eat Wheat

Mittir

I added wheat about a year ago after avoiding it for a long time.
In the beginning i did not see any adverse effect other than
usual dull feeling i get from all starch. I was eating wheat
once or twice a day. It is usually home made cake and pizza.
I have noticed i am getting some of old issues like mild
skin irritation and poor sleep quality. I decided to avoid
wheat completely. It is too tasty to be eaten occasionally.

In celiac studies they fermented flour for 48 hours and it
was free of gluten.

Xisca

I read that good sourdough fermentation kills the gluten and anti-nutrient content of white wheat.
In celiac studies they fermented flour for 48 hours and it was free of gluten.
- it changes gluten but it is not suppressed, I don't think so, though I Heard the same as you mittir.
- YES it mainly modifies the anti-nutrients content!
... but not of White wheat, of WHOLEMEAL flour.

The anti-nutrients are mainly in the bran part, at the Surface, so as to protect the future baby! So White bread has less problems of this kind.

I would NOT make QUICK bread, especially if the flour is not White. Sourdough is a MUST, and with a long fermentation better.

Agent207

Sourdough and if possible rye or true wheat, einkorn.

Even if I do fine with it, I think modern wheat is crap.

PeatThemAll

Not wheat per se, but I've unfortunately got to get some starches every now and then. Even high fruit/sugar doesn't displace it. In all likelihood I'm intolerant and use it to numb myself against too high (unusual) levels of energy :/ Damn opioid rush.

A. squamosa

I do eat wheat, and there are some contexts in which it has a bad effect, others in which I feel no effect at all. A piece toasted white sourdough with plenty of scrambled eggs and orange juice is fine. There is this one Italian restaurant which makes all of their pasta and bread fresh during the day before serving it at night, their pasta and bread has no effect on me. Everything else... definite bad effects! Just go gingerly and test it out - but in my experience, reintroducing it can lead to bloat/weight gain. All you can do is be super aware of your body!

Lianda

Wheat as part of your diet?

Im thinking about including some wheat back into my diet.
I stopped eating wheat for a year when I was first diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I also stopped dairy, eggs, chocolate, coffee- and can hardly think of ANYTHING I could eat. I felt deprived and miserable. AND I couldn't get my body temperatures up to normal because I was hardly eating anything that would warm me up! It was also depressing to forgo your favorite foods, and watch all my friends eating everything I couldn't. After a year, I decided to eat whatever I wanted in moderation. And that's what I do now. I eat wheat now, and I'm not stressing about it. And to tell you the truth, I don't feel any different, and my weight hasn't changed a bit - and I'm a LOT happier.

Recently I came across a book: "Eat Wheat: A Scientific and Clinically Proven Approach to Safely Bringing wheat and...." (can't find the rest of the title) by Dr. John Douillard. It was very interesting. AND, if you'd like to hear an interview with him here: Dr. John Douillard Part 1 - Are You Gluten Free?

Good luck with your decision!

I don't do well with starches besides potatoes and rice at the moment, but if I do eat wheat products they HAVE to be organic or they make me feel like crap. I suspect this is due to glyphosate.

Stryker

yes commercial pastas and home made breads , pizza bases etc

i dont like eating it right before bed , or if i have to be active
for me its kinda sedating but not in a bad way... no GI Issues either. :)

Travis

If you can find iron-free bread that doesn't have synthetic folate, then it might be worth considering IMO.

I certainly agree with Ray Peat about avoiding excessive Iron; and especially non-heme reduced Iron.