Does Anyone Have Experience Here With Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 Program?

Repprep

I have read Wendler's article about it and it really got me excited, I only have this fear that it may focus so much on strength that it would prevent me from retaining my hypertrophy gains so far.
What do you think about it?

TheHound

I have read Wendler's article about it and it really got me excited, I only have this fear that it may focus so much on strength that it would prevent me from retaining my hypertrophy gains so far.

You can still turn 531 into a hypertrophy program by using 531 on the main lifts and using accessories to get more volume in. Check out 531 Boring But Big or the 531 bodybuilding template from wendler here: 5/3/1 and Bodybuilding

Sobieski

The original program is actually very hypertrophy oriented. In early cycles the last set is gonna be 8-12 reps providing you use a correct max. Then 2-3 high rep assistance exercises of your choice. There's actually very little 'heavy' lifting (1-5 reps) for many many months.
I think it's a decent program for the average, perhaps slightly older lifter. I used a similar approach in the past and got pretty strong off it (deadlift 405x8 @ 190lbs)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals