Does anyone have an appendicitis cure ?

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

I ordered Camphosal, and today I bought Oxytetracycline from Tractor Supply in the baby-cow-medicine aisle. I am worried about the dosage as I heard from Danny Roddy in one of his videos that he splits his Penicillin VK tablets into 30, 40, or 50 mg doses. I am also worried about its efficacy, but I will try it anyway and report any developments. I already crushed it up into little pieces and tried maybe a 20 mg chunk to see if I would have an allergic reaction which I didn't, so I will proceed tonight with a larger dose. One other thing that bothers me is that the pill weighs 3 grams but says it's 500 mg on the bottle, so I'm just wondering what else was added. Anyway, if anyone has anything else to add then please feel free.

Thanks,

Sebastian

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

Another update

My mother, who after nearly a week of hearing me complain about my stomach and how my doctor was an idiot for not prescribing me antibiotics, reached into her medicine cabinet and gave me a bottle of 9 500 mg Amoxicillin capsules which she was prescribed but didn't use in April of 2018 for some infection. I would much rather take these as opposed to the Oxytetracycline, but I am still not sure about the dosage. Should I split up the capsule or should I take each one whole?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Rasaari

There's a reason why I recommended amoxi-clav, tmp/smx+metro, or cipro+metro and why those are used in the studies is because they have broad-spectrum activity against most if not all relevant pathogenic strains. Neither oxytetracycline nor penicillin and most cases amoxicillin has any activity on gram-negative bacilli or anaerobes, making them very dangerous to use. Many of these bacteria, such as e.coli, klebsiella and many of their coliform friends produce beta-lactamase enzyme rendering them ineffective. Dangerous anaerobe, bacteroides fragilis for example produces this enzyme too. This is counteracted with the addition of beta-lactamase inhibitor, with amoxicillin its clavulanic acid. Some later generation cephalosporins are not very sensitive to beta-lactamase which is why in those before linked they studies used them in combination with metronidazole. Metronidazole in itself is the most effective antibiotic against anaerobes, but in over 90% clinical strains amoxiclav is effective against anaerobes. I personally got the aforementioned abscess from an amoxicillin cycle, caused by b.fragilis. The cipro+metro will kill pretty much everything and there's no resistance in western country outpatients. Thats why it would be a good backup, even though it will have severe side-effects.

As much as I love DR and Ray but their antibiotic recommendations are not just idiotic but dangerous.

Splitting the penicillin in to small pieces will only have some effect in the upper GI, in no way does it have any kind of systematic antibacterial effect. Neither amoxicillin should be split, 500mg is already too little if you were to use it, and 9 tablets is not enough. Too short course will cause the bacteria to become more aggressive.

Camphosal I like, very effective in clearing the intestinal tract, at least the SI. Vitamin K2 Mk4 is fine, it will go in to k1 if needed. If you want K1 you can eat dark greens.

Rasaari

Any ideas for getting Camphersol to the large intestine? Mixing with activated charcoal?
No I think it gets to the large intestine, but theres so much bacteria and poop etc. in there that I don't think it will completely clear it. And it already has travelled through the whole intestinal tract so I wonder how effective it still is. But its very good and safe as it is broad-spectrum, including fungi, and easy to use, and no known resistance.

When I've taken it, I take it first thing in the morning mixed in glass of water, and then wait ~30-60 min before ingesting anything else so it goes alone in the intestines. Carrot or bamboo after it is something to do too.

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

Thanks,

I just listened to this and it was very informative. Honestly, it kind of made me scared to take any antibiotics at all, and I think that I am now going to go through with the CT-scan, though I am looking for local radiology office instead of going to the ER. Of course, I will need to contact my primary care physician for a prescription, which I wish I would have asked for to begin with, so hopefully I will be able to just ask the nurse to do that instead of having to dole out the $160 for a simple doctor's visit like I have been. Hopefully I get approved for Medicaid so that they can retro-cover it, but in the meantime I will still be looking at about $1200 for the CT-scan through a local radiology office with a script from my doctor.

Now, on another note, I noticed that the pain subsides for a bit immediately after my meals. For example, I ate about 25 grams of protein worth of organic grass-fed ground beef with two pasture-raised eggs and a little bit of shredded swiss cheese (salted to taste) alongside a small cup of very sugary coffee and some orange juice, and I felt really good; and believe me, when I say sugary coffee, I put a few heaping tablespoons in the cup. The pain and bloating subsided for about an hour which was a huge relief, but then it came back; and then, when I tried consuming more of my sugary coffee and orange juice, I did not get the same effect, and I did not really have a craving for it at all, so I stopped drinking it. This might be unsubstantiated by what I am saying, but I wonder if this could be a sign that I am slightly cirrhotic from the four years of fasting and keto that I did for the past year which would mean that I am insulin resistant. The reasoning would be that the sugar needed to accompany the insulin spike from the meat and eggs in order to be driven into my cells for energy, though now that I think about I feel like I remember Georgi saying something about how fructose does not need insulin to be driven into the cell and sucrose is in fact half fructose.

This is also making me think that perhaps bacterial overgrowth is tied in with slow metabolism because obviously the big rush of energy I get after consuming the sugar and coffee is producing an increase in metabolism, so the following reduction in ileocecal-located pain could be attributed in some way to that. I also noticed that for the past few nights the pain would get worse at night before taking the Trazodone, and this could be because metabolism slows at night, this and the fact that the body releases more serotonin at night, generally speaking.

Anyways, that's where I'm at right now. I'll keep this thread updated should I experience any developments, but as of now, the plan is to call my doctor's office at 7 am Monday for the script and then immediately schedule a CT-scan, hopefully the same day.

Again, I appreciate all the thought and ideas--it's been very helpful and has hopefully steered me in the right path.

God bless,

Sebastian

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

One more thing I wanted to include, although it probably is not very relevant--though, maybe it is--is that I have gotten some lower back or kidney pain after drinking my sugary salted cocktails consisting of coffee, a mountain of sugar, and a bit of salt. I noticed last week before I was getting the stomach that if I put too much salt in my sugared milk that I would get pain in my kidneys. This is probably obviously due to the excess amount of salt in my diet, but at the time I wondered if the milk had something to do with it as well. Anyway, adding too much salt is by definition a bad thing, so I am going to be less generous with the salt intake, and I am considering supplementing my diet with a bit of potassium citrate.

Markr2d2

One more thing I wanted to include, although it probably is not very relevant--though, maybe it is--is that I have gotten some lower back or kidney pain after drinking my sugary salted cocktails consisting of coffee, a mountain of sugar, and a bit of salt. I noticed last week before I was getting the stomach that if I put too much salt in my sugared milk that I would get pain in my kidneys. This is probably obviously due to the excess amount of salt in my diet, but at the time I wondered if the milk had something to do with it as well. Anyway, adding too much salt is by definition a bad thing, so I am going to be less generous with the salt intake, and I am considering supplementing my diet with a bit of potassium citrate.
citrates in general are not good.

Markr2d2

Pretty much all citric acids are grown using a mold called Aspergillus niger. This can cause issues for many.

Thanks for your reply. I used them when I was on the keto diet and was fasting a lot since Eric Berg used them in his electrolyte powder supplement.

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

One thing that I want to say is that I suspect that my years of keto and fasting has destroyed my metabolism. Therefor, while the antibiotics may help temporarily, I will still be left with a messed up metabolism, so I will probably get infected with another kind of gut bacteria very soon; so I think that I need to start thinking of how I am going to create long-term solution to my health, and this will be achieved by fixing and reversing the damage done to me by the four to five years of fasting and keto. Actually, looking back and growing up I never really had a whole of sugar in the house since my mother was pretty anti-sugar, so the damage to my body and metabolism has been occurring for basically my entire life. Anyway, I am now looking at some of Georgi's (@haidut) other products like Pyrucet, Lapodin, and MitoLipin. I am still going to get the CT-scan so that I can get the antibiotic prescription from my doctor since I am basically out of sick days and need to return to work.

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

Update

I am scheduled for a CT scan for today. The pain has not gotten better at all. I'm very nervous since they will be injecting me with a blue iodine solution, and apparently the radiation is a crazy amount, but I don't know what else to do. I'm scared to try an antibiotic on my own accord, so I guess I'll just have to rush home and sit under my incandescent lamps for a bit. I'll post for further developments. I'm nervous also because I could hardly sleep last night and was having some chest pains or palpitations. Hopefully the the CT scan doesn't kill me, but hopefully I'll get started on some antibiotics to solve the stomach pain once and for all.

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

Update

I am at the Radiology office. I missed the part where I was supposed to come fifteen minutes early to fill out the paperwork, but they don't seem to care. After signing my life away, they gave a solution to consume, which consisted of two cups of Crystal Light mixed with blue iodine, and after drinking the solution, I looked up the ingredients to the Crystal Light powder used to make the solution taste good--I am mortified. I would have asked for sugared water if I had known beforehand that the ingredients are trash, but apparently Ray Peat's insights have yet to permeate here. Anyway, I now must wait 45 minutes for the solution to pass through my body and to fill up my tissue, and as I sit here, I sporadically experience little bouts of serotonin syndrome--little rushes of panic.

This isn't a new symptom however, and it usually accompanies my Trazodone-prescribed insomnia, but it has been exacerbated by my stomach issue as well as my attempts this week to increase my metabolic rate with the following substances: Oxidal, Progest-E, StressNon, a good amount of coffee, and some aspirin. For some reason, it seems as though increasing my metabolism with exogenous substances increases my serotonin, though just consuming the sugar without all the metabolic boosters still gives me a very anti-cortisol and anti-stress effect, so I'm probably going to lay off the hormones and metabolism boosters and instead focus on fixing my insulin resistance through increasing my body's ability to absorb sugar in the first place; I am considering Pyrucet and Lapodin now in this regard.

The reason that I'm considering Pyrucet and Lapodin now is these substances help to block fatty-acid oxidation and to effectively force the cells to use sugar--the body through the Randle cycle must choose between the two--and right now due to four years of dedicated fasting (intermittently and prolonged) and strict adherence to the ketogenic diet, the fatty acids are winning the competition against glucose. By using the aforementioned metabolic boosters while insulin resistant, the body simply does not have the necessary resources to burn as fuel regardless of how much sugar I consume.

Last edited:
OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

Update

I took the CT-scan, and I feel a little weird now. Basically, the lady had me lie down, she stuck a needle in my arm, she injected with the iodine solution, and then she started the machine. I started to feel very warm--as she informed me--but then my balls started to get really warm, so now I understand why radiation is dangerous because I suspect that my body isn't going to produce as many hormones as they did before. I'm rethinking taking the progesterone and pregnenolone as I read in another thread that doing so could help mitigate the damage, and I'm waiting anxiously now to be able to leave and shine my 250 watt, 120 volt incandescent lights under my testicles for a while. Unfortunately, they're making me stay until the radiologist looks at the results, so hopefully that won't take too long.

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

Update

I was allowed to leave within twenty minutes of the CT scan roasting my sack, so I rushed home, took my pants off, plugged in my incandescent lights, and directed the light around under my testicles and all around my core and body. To be honest, I feel like it helped because I felt more relaxed after. About thirty minutes in to my red light session, my nurse called and informed that the CT scan revealed no appendicitis and no other abnormalities in my lower abdomen and pelvis area. I am very relieved, but there is something still wrong with my stomach in the lower right area, and one of the new symptoms that developed starting yesterday morning is a white tongue that makes my mouth taste gross no matter how much mouthwash i use. I scheduled a follow-up with my doctor for tomorrow at 9 am, so hopefully he prescribes me the antibiotics I have been so desperately longing for.

Peachy

Update

I was allowed to leave within twenty minutes of the CT scan roasting my sack, so I rushed home, took my pants off, plugged in my incandescent lights, and directed the light around under my testicles and all around my core and body. To be honest, I feel like it helped because I felt more relaxed after. About thirty minutes in to my red light session, my nurse called and informed that the CT scan revealed no appendicitis and no other abnormalities in my lower abdomen and pelvis area. I am very relieved, but there is something still wrong with my stomach in the lower right area, and one of the new symptoms that developed starting yesterday morning is a white tongue that makes my mouth taste gross no matter how much mouthwash i use. I scheduled a follow-up with my doctor for tomorrow at 9 am, so hopefully he prescribes me the antibiotics I have been so desperately longing for.
Good news! Hopefully you can find some answers.

Korven

Update

Pains in the lower right abdomen could due to an inflamed ileocecal valve (i.e the sphincter muscle between the small intestine and large intestine). Before I used to have 'ileocalve valve attacks' with stabbing pains in that same area and intense nausea that made me throw up. I think the problem for me was stress, hypothyroidism and eating too many fibrous irritating foods e.g popcorn and whole grains.

A dysfunctional (leaky) ileocecal valve also goes hand in hand with SIBO as bacteria and poop are free to travel up from the colon to the small intestine. And the inflammation caused by SIBO causes more pain.

You could try to release a stuck ileocecal valve with self-massage. But ultimately you would need to adress diet and metabolism to get rid of any bacterial overgrowth.

Drinking hot water or tea between meals is a gentle but effective way of promoting downward peristalsis and dislodging any food particles that have gotten stuck in that area.

Here's the ileocecal valve maneuver:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATmSVdeSo_U&ab_channel=TheSIBODoctor

OP
Chad_Catholic

Chad_Catholic

The oregano oil has helped a bit, and I've also been dropping a few drops on my tongue since I currently have a white tongue which is making me nauseous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals