Does anyone have a concentric only training routine?

Advocate2021

ironfist

Eccentric movement causes more soreness.

Concentric only doesn't so bad.

Why is it hard to do concentric only in a gym? Why would it be easier anywhere else? Just use the other side to lower the weight. Look, if you're doing concentric only curls, curl it with your right hand, and then use your left hand to lower the weight. Or use a machine I guess. Similar to eccentric only. You still have to raise the weight somehow and then lower it for the eccentric part*

*eccentric part is usually, but not always, lowering the weight

Advocate2021

Eccentric movement causes more soreness.

Concentric only doesn't so bad.

Why is it hard to do concentric only in a gym? Why would it be easier anywhere else? Just use the other side to lower the weight. Look, if you're doing concentric only curls, curl it with your right hand, and then use your left hand to lower the weight. Or use a machine I guess. Similar to eccentric only. You still have to raise the weight somehow and then lower it for the eccentric part*

*eccentric part is usually, but not always, lowering the weight
Well my trainer just fired me lol over all this inquiry so guess its.time to experiment. Are you a trainer?

Advocate2021

Thanks yeah I was just saying to somebody that everything happens for a reason and I'm probably supposed to go on a different path now is FP the video you sent that's that guy does functional performance online stuff?

SamYo123

Thanks yeah I was just saying to somebody that everything happens for a reason and I'm probably supposed to go on a different path now is FP the video you sent that's that guy does functional performance online stuff?

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkYhNJkrIfj/

Last edited:

ironfist

Well my trainer just fired me lol over all this inquiry so guess its.time to experiment. Are you a trainer?
lol I used to be, and I was a competitive powerlifter 10 years ago, but what's funny is I left the fitness industry because it was about sales, not teaching.

The thing about asking for fitness advice on the internet is that 100 people will give you 100 different answers and tell you why everyone else is wrong. Just filter out the bro science as best you can and go from there.

Advocate2021

Well, i really like having a trainer and even better one who is part of this philosophy. i did quite well working remotely with my trainer for years. So, if anyone can offer this type of situation please let me know- would love to try a concentric emphasis training regimen compatible with this philosophy and see what happens.

ironfist

It's funny cuz I was going to say if any trainer talks to you about sculpting, especially with hip adductor motions, you should get a new trainer.

Sapien

Does anyone have a resource on the negative effects of eccentric training?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals