Does anyone else's StressNon taste different/worse?

OccamzRazer

I've ordered Idealab's StressNon probably 5+ times in the last year or so.

Every time it's tasted the same...pretty much like a strong alcohol-based tincture. I actually liked the taste of it!

This time, however, it tastes much different. It has a bitter aftertaste that is unlike anything I've tasted before.

I'm not all that concerned, but just wondering if anyone else has noticed this recently...

golder

Every time it's tasted the same...pretty much like a strong alcohol-based tincture. I actually liked the taste of it!

This time, however, it tastes much different. It has a bitter aftertaste that is unlike anything I've tasted before.

I'm not all that concerned, but just wondering if anyone else has noticed this recently...
Also very keen to hear the answer to this, given that Rays number one concern with pregnenolone is the difficulty in sourcing it to a high quality.

Tenacity

Tyromix used to have that same alcohol-like taste, but the most recent batch almost tastes like vomit. I wonder if the SFA ester has been changed.

Jonnie

Just received 5 bottles of stressnon today. Pleasant taste, very mild.

tastyfood

I have experienced the same. The smell taste of the last batch of Stressnon bottles that I ordered is really unpleasant.

This is the response I got from IdeaLabs:

The smell on the last two batches is from the SFA esters, not the ethanol. The SFA ester mix we use contains lauric acid as one of the fatty acids and laurate has a strong waxy/oily smell. The last batch of SFA mix we got from the chemical supplier had a bit of extra lauric acid (the exact percentage varies by 4%-5% from batch to batch) and even a small increase in the amount can change the smell of the entire mix as laurate has a very strong smell and is one of the fatty acids that gives coconut oil its characteristic smell. However, outside the smell and slightly higher amount of lauric acid, nothing in the product has changed.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I have experienced the same. The smell taste of the last batch of Stressnon bottles that I ordered is really unpleasant.

This is the response I got from IdeaLabs:

The smell on the last two batches is from the SFA esters, not the ethanol. The SFA ester mix we use contains lauric acid as one of the fatty acids and laurate has a strong waxy/oily smell. The last batch of SFA mix we got from the chemical supplier had a bit of extra lauric acid (the exact percentage varies by 4%-5% from batch to batch) and even a small increase in the amount can change the smell of the entire mix as laurate has a very strong smell and is one of the fatty acids that gives coconut oil its characteristic smell. However, outside the smell and slightly higher amount of lauric acid, nothing in the product has changed.
Thank you...this probably explains it, and sounds pretty harmless!

I did not notice the smell until you mentioned it. My bottle smells like spray paint. Is that what you're getting?

golder

I really hope it’s just the higher lauric acid content, which would be harmless. Has everyone noticed the same subjective experiences we expect from pregnenolone with this batch compared with older batches? That’s the most important thing really..

tastyfood

Thank you...this probably explains it, and sounds pretty harmless!

I did not notice the smell until you mentioned it. My bottle smells like spray paint. Is that what you're getting?
Yes. That would be one way to describe it.

tastyfood

I really hope it’s just the higher lauric acid content, which would be harmless. Has everyone noticed the same subjective experiences we expect from pregnenolone with this batch compared with older batches? That’s the most important thing really..

I have had high prolactin results after using this new batch moderately, although there were many other factors in place. This was just one of the many things I was using.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I have had high prolactin results after using this new batch moderately, although there were many other factors in place. This was just one of the many things I was using.
Strange...what sort of stuff?

It's too early for me to say if it's providing the same benefits as before...hoping it does!

golder

Pregnenolone raising prolactin is somewhat concerning, we’re going to need some other people to get bloodwork done to rule out this out. Thanks for mentioning it and putting it on the radar.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update: got a new bottle of StressNon yesterday. It definitely tastes better than the last bottle...but still not as good as the previous bottles did. It's almost like a blend of both tastes.

The effects seem to be a little stronger than the last bottle, too.

Tenacity

Update: got a new bottle of StressNon yesterday. It definitely tastes better than the last bottle...but still not as good as the previous bottles did. It's almost like a blend of both tastes.

The effects seem to be a little stronger than the last bottle, too.
I'm getting used to a bottle I received, I don't perceive it to be nearly as unpleasant as I originally did. Maybe it's the same batch and you're just used to the taste now.

Advocate2021

anyone else notice that stressnon and lapodin smell like wintergreen mouthwash now? I thought there had been a mouthwash spill in the cabinet where i put them in a new place im in and aired them outside for weeks as though was allergic but it is actually the bottles that contaminated the medicine cabinet! it is incredibly strong and goes right through the bottles. i emailed idealabs and they said its a new thing they added and that their bottles all smell like wintergreen/mint moutwash when i told them i thought mouthwash had contaminated my bottles. i use it topically and taste mint in my mouth after and next day. might be slightly allergic to it so hope they go back to what ive been using for years. this is a first.!

Advocate2021

anyone else notice that stressnon and lapodin smell like wintergreen mouthwash now? I thought there had been a mouthwash spill in the cabinet where i put them in a new place im in and aired them outside for weeks as though was allergic but it is actually the bottles that contaminated the medicine cabinet! it is incredibly strong and goes right through the bottles. i emailed idealabs and they said its a new thing they added and that their bottles all smell like wintergreen/mint moutwash when i told them i thought mouthwash had contaminated my bottles. i use it topically and taste mint in my mouth after and next day. might be slightly allergic to it so hope they go back to what ive been using for years. this is a first.!
the new chemical is ethyl salicylate