Does Anyone Else Monitor Meal Frequency?

wesheilman

A few years ago, when I was working out my Peat basics, I spent some time taking my temp/pulse frequently after meals, not only to determine optimal meals, but how long my energy would last.

I determined that, for the most part, the metabolism stayed raised for about 2.5 hours, then began to drop, and would hit the pre-meal level at about 3 hours.

Has anyone else monitored this? I'm wondering if there is a general pattern; or, if not, what other people do to keep the temp/pulse up without eating every three hours.

Determining meal frequency has been one of the most helpful things I've ever done, and I hear a lot of people complaining about not being able to get Peat to work the way they want, but I never hear anyone mentioning this sort of meal frequency, or controlling macronutrient ratios. Josh Rubin has people work through this, and I can't imagine maintaining my metabolism without this knowledge.

Interested in others' experience...

tara

I've not taken temps that regularly, but I have observed obvious energy dips or hunger stress spikes. Sometimes 3 hours has been too long to go between meals, sometimes I can go longer. There have been times I couldn't sleep through the night without a snack; now I can generally fast at night for 8-9+ hours.

Birdie

Good topic.I think Ray has said that as you heal your metabolism, you can go longer between meals, but at first it’s better not to..

I don’t wait very long because of a fear of being hungry and so eat sooner than I probably need to. At least that’s what’s going on right now. I did try intermittent fasting a while back. Not for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals