Does Anyone Else Feel Like They're 'outgrowing' The Internet?

R J

I’m very aware of another person’s disposition. If I interact with them I have to use energy to not let their disposition move my internal/external world to a worse place. It’s sad because I don’t have any acquaintances I spend time with whose dispositions are positive. I constantly have to shield myself against negativity. I joined FB for a few months for some specific groups but deactivated it because it tended to move me to a worse world. I have to be careful about what kind of potential influences I let in, and at same time develop my own standing so influences cannot influence as easily without my active and aware consent.

I like the idea of not having internet at home and going to a cafe instead.

ww3not4me

Short of loading up Thor and going on the dark web the internet has become too controlled and censored. It is starting to get to the point that you have "475 channels and nothing worth watching." sort of situation! It has become so groomed or curated as to be almost worthless!

GreekDemiGod

I think i's social media and Web 2.0 / 3.0 specifically the problem. Before you used to spend time on various niche websites, now you only spend time on the few social media websites / apps. Also, cheap entertainment and memes are to be avoided. I hate memes, it signals the dumbing down of culture. Every concept / joke now has to be explained through memes, it's awful.
Avoid memes and cheap entertainment. Be disciplined and only use the Internet for learning, communication and productive tasks

B

BRBsavinWorld

Same. Sometimes I have to delete this website from my suggested list, because even it can become depressing when the fundamental draw is — fill the voiddd.

It’s more insidious than you realize when you look back and realizing you were constantly checking something or posting comments for engagement for a week.

ww3not4me

I dropped all social media sites 2 years ago. Previous to that I had dropped FB for 6 years before getting back on.

As a person that was once addicted to gaming, working out and cigarettes' I know how unhealthy addictions can be. I chose not to be a slave to other things or other people. I refuse to be a good super consumer or to be someone elses product!

Herbie

I'm glad someone made this post, I'm bored of the Internet, my only hobby was hiking and traveling but bored of that now, I did lots of different sports and gym when I was younger and totally bored of all hobbies and only thing left for me now to do now is read books for travel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals