Does anyone do a lazy Peat diet?

skittles

Just curious. How many of you guys eat basically primal while adding sugar/lots of fruit and dairy and eating less fatty fish, chicken, and starches? I mean, like, not adding gelatin to everything, not avoiding certain fruit or slightly-less-than-perfectly-ripe fruit, not worrying about the pulp content of OJ, stuff like that.

Curt :-)

I'd consider mine a lazy Peat diet. My girlfriend is a "normal person" and cooks for me every night, usually from one of Jamie Oliver's cookbooks, so I often eat chicken, sometimes gluten (cous cous) etc. I have told her there is certain things is just wont eat because of the PUFA- avocado, fish etc, but for the most part, I'm happy eating whatever she dishes up.
During the day, apart from the Peaty staples, I eat rice crackers, drink coke, and on the weekends I drink me some beers. I'm feeling great eating like this, and I've only been on Peaty for about 4 months.
I think the less water/more salt thing has really helped me out. I can finally sleep through the night- something that I tried EVERYTHING for and never had success. I think Dr. Peat is a brilliant man :):

OP
skittles

skittles

Awesome! My Peating is pretty lazy. I guess I've just used the principles to shape my way of eating. I will eat chicken, fish, gluten, starch, just not too often, and never too much of it. I eat way more dairy now than I ever did, and way more sugar/fruit. Less muscle meat, too.

Dutchie

Personally im coming to believe that for me a cross between Peat and Primal is most optimal,meaning living on natural sugars from fruits,maple syrup,molasses,cane and pa/msugar,some goat&sheepdairy,shellfish&whitefish,liver and my body intuitively seems to reject all starch now even the minimal amount in carrots&onions&garlic,no pufas from fatty fish,nuts&seeds,pork and avocado.

@Curt do you eat chicken with skin? I never got why chicken is bad,bc chickenbreast and drumstick deskinned is virtually fatless,tryptophan content is same as beef&lamb and its even lower in iron for those concerned.

caroline

I read the info on the chicken and PUFA content on Peatarian.com and about your experiments with molasses. I thought that was interesting.

Has adding or removing items from your diet helped you in any way?

I haven't really had success eating fruit, so I don't bother.

I do not strain out my orange juice. I did it once and it was a pain. I just drink without shaking. I really don't like pulp so I just try and avoid the stuff at the bottom.

jaguar43

Dizzordr said:
Just curious. How many of you guys eat basically primal while adding sugar/lots of fruit and dairy and eating less fatty fish, chicken, and starches? I mean, like, not adding gelatin to everything, not avoiding certain fruit or slightly-less-than-perfectly-ripe fruit, not worrying about the pulp content of OJ, stuff like that.

Yea I eat chicken, bread, sometimes chips and restaurant food. As long you eat coconut oil, aspirin, coffee, maybe thyroid or progest-e or pregnenolone. you should be good.

Peata

I don't know much about primal, but I consider my diet to be lazy Peat. I just had pancakes, for example.

Curt :-)

@ Dutchie, I don't eat chicken skin usually, as that's just how my girlfriend tends to make it. As you said, the fat in chicken is mostly PUFA, but there is so little total fat, so who cares? If I could be bothered cooking chicken I would eat it regularly. Peating has made me lazy because now I just subsist on foods that require no prep lol. When I was Primal I had to make meals in advance.

J

j.

Yep, nothing but milk and coffee all day (not literally, a few eggs here and there, chocolate).

marcar72

I eat a somewhat lazy Peat style, not too far off the mark though. I'm not totally in the know on what defines primal/paleo styles, but from what I can tell neither one of them are drastically different that eating Peatish except they seem to emphasize using fat for fuel instead of sugar. They also seem to be cool with fatty fish and seeds/nuts.

For me, the main tenants of Peat that I stick with are reducing PUFA as much as reasonably possible and getting enough protein daily. (100-150+grams/day for me) Hell, I just eliminated wheat from my diet again as I've noticed I've become gluten sensitive. Eating wheat again was straying off the mark a bit.

Here lately I've been having some conventional kefir daily, and I'm even thinking about buying some kefir grains so I can make my own. I don't see it as being much different from consuming raw dairy.

For the most part though I drink 3 quarts of 1-2% milk daily, drink 1 quart of OJ daily, eat a couple ounces of dates/day, eat beef with a baked potato (lots of butter) about 5 times a week, rotate liver/oysters every 3-4 days, eat Haagen Dazs ice cream a bit, 2 egg yolks/day, drink a pint of gelatin tea/day, 3-4 cups of coffee/day, a banana/day, 2 kiwis/day, and dark chocolate a few times a week. So it's still a very Peatish diet for the most part! :2cents