Does Anybody Do RP + Fasting And Want To Talk About It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

Update on RPIF experiment.

Continued weight loss. Am fitting into 27” waist BR jeans from 2011 and am really happy about that.

My skin is maybe looking better hydrated and more even tone. A weird small white excrescence in my face that appeared during third trimester went away.

I like the RP diet because it’s easy to drink OJ and milk. And I’m no longer spending so much time prepping salads and brassica ruffage.

I’ve been opening my window around 6:30 am and closing it around noon. I have zero appetite in the PM and it’s easier not to eat anyway.

I picked two lbs of grass fed beef liver at the farmers market in Lincoln square on the walk home from picking up a kid from preschool. The farmer wants to know if my kids eat liver. I have prepared it in the past by soaking it in look and pan cooking it with CO, but would like to try another recipe. I should make pate, or incorporate it into a meatloaf.

_lppaiva

Well, I have never ""Peated" and fasted together, but practiced 16/8 for some months. I know it's probably a combination of things (supplemented magnesium, removed grains, reduced exercise, etc) but I have felt less anxious after I stopped fasting, probably due to reduced lipolysis. My first meal is 6:00am and my last meal is 10:00pm.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

Well, I have never ""Peated" and fasted together, but practiced 16/8 for some months. I know it's probably a combination of things (supplemented magnesium, removed grains, reduced exercise, etc) but I have felt less anxious after I stopped fasting, probably due to reduced lipolysis. My first meal is 6:00am and my last meal is 10:00pm.

I feel less anxious after starting RP, but it might be placebo.

The carbonated mineral water is key to happy fasting for me. I think the magnesium content in gerolsteiner is greater than in others.

tara

But I don't know your situation, and I'm not an expert, but some thoughts ...
It's common to not get a period while breast feeding. It's also common to lose your period when not eating enough.
+1

I hardly have time to eat with three small children ...
That looks like an issue to me. Having a young baby and breastfeeding is a time when you and your baby probably need you to get more nutrition than usual. I'd be careful to eat enough, and cautious about fasting for more than short periods. I'd have concerns about trying to force weight loss by restrictive dieting while breastfeeding. (Normal calorie needs at such a time can be of the order of 3500 cals.)
With regard to fasting in general, I have no expertise, but my hunch is it's sometimes helpful as long as it's not excessive and overall nutrition is good, and sometimes harmful in any amount, depending on the state of the individual. Eg maybe a fast of a day once or twice a year might be good for some of us.

My plan is to keep fasting, but eating peaty within my window, and maybe expanding my window when I get down to 135 (I’m 5’10”). Does anybody do that?
I can't think of any good reasons to do this. That would be a BMI of about 19.4, which is pretty low - near the bottom of the so-called 'healthy' range in the official scales (not that those ranges seem to make much sense), and probably not a healthy weight for most people. There's no reason particular to think it is where you need to be if it requires any restriction at all.
If you don't eat enough, you will be in energy deficit. And quite possibly short of other nutrition too. I think your body will mainly prioritise your baby's food over you as far as it can.
I don't think I saw any estimates of how much you are actually eating on average in a day? Normal for a healthy non-restricting nursing mother is probably over 3000, maybe more like 3500 according to Gwyneth Olwyn. If you haven't already, you can load a couple of typical days eating into cronometer or similar to see roughly what you are getting - calories and other nutrition.

You can try eat simple sugars during the day, like eating some fruit, fruit juice, smoothie, and have a good meal at night, you then can get a calorie deficit without stress you out and without counting calories.

Peat talked about sugar fasts, where you eat 600-800 calories from sugar and nothing else, I tried it as a experiment to clean out for continuous protein intake and felt good.
Advising a breastfeeding mother to practice chronic severe calorie restriction seems potentially harmful to me.
Although I also think skipping a meal 4-5 days a week is sustainable and arguably beneficial for avoiding “energy poisoning” (calorie surplus).
Do you have any reason to think there is any risk of 'poisoning' from regular food?
Usually people want to stop eating before that, unless there is something else out of balance. Getting enough minerals, vitamins and protein in the food is also important.

Likely very stressful, and will eat up muscle and vital organs over time.
+1
That's a risk. Having a baby uses your resources. If you run deficits, it's got to come from somewhere. The risk is to your organs, and your metabolisms (maybe also baby's if it's pushed too far).

Why do you think some people lose weight fasting and others don’t?
This is my current view of it, subject to more info in the future.
Depends on state of metabolism and overall nutrition etc. Fasting may or may not mean overall calorie deficit. Some people can store more glycogen than others (can change over time), and so be more or less prone to run low.
In famine conditions (prolonged energy deficit), these are some of the mechanisms the typical body can respond with some mechanisms to survive:
  • reduce energy output (reduced NEAT, lethargy etc),
  • lower metabolism (eg body temps, non-survival hormones),
  • catabolise energy-expensive lean tissue,
  • defer repair and maintenance,
  • get into fat storage mode so that when a bit more food turns up it stores more of it as fat,
  • strong cravings for energy dense food.
History with food and stress, and possibly heredity, may influence to what extent each of these occur in different people.
Short-term fasting in someone who has never experienced famine may result primarily in fat loss to begin with.
For a minority of people, famine conditions seem to trigger increased energy levels and anorexia, which can be dangerous if it goes on.
It seems that men often have a bit more resilience for fasting than women. I think I've see refs to studies showing that the benefits that some men seem to get from IF are less likely to happen for women.
I wonder also how much progress I can make while nursing.
There doesn't need to be a race.
I was remarking yesterday about how many sick people take a really bad medication, such as opiates or cortisone, in order to get through the day. They really need to make it their business to get off that stuff or they will die from it.
I recognise this problem (not that I'm using opioids or corticosteroids). Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could get the support they needed to find healthier ways to manage and try to recover. It's the mechanism of all kinds of addiction to some extent, too. In order to feel able to cope right now, doing things that will make the long term worse.
Not sure what Atkins diet consists of but I am not sure he advised fasting
High fat low carb. He also acknowledged that it could negatively affect thyroid function in the long run.
Fasting indeed does have an established use throughout history.

But none of that history looks like IF or fasting as it is used today.

It was often ritualized, accompanied by special foods depending on the season, special timings, special celebrations, all having some type of spiritual/religious foundation.

Fasting from a health standpoint in history was often short term and to address something SPECIFIC, and that was often an ailment.

These uses are probably still pro-survival today but that isn't what people are doing.
+1
At least in the IF or extreme fasting trends. Of course there have been times when people have been forced to it by external conditions.
I can understand that fasting has some benefits and could actually help cure disease. Just not used regularly.
+1
I personally wouldn't fast while nursing even less when taking care of 3 young children. Your body needs lots of energy to deal to cope with this added stress.
+1
I don’t really care how much I weigh so much as ... regaining my lean and athletic body composition and good skin and muscle tone.
I'd encourage you to prioritise your health and your baby's health over some race for super lean shape. If you are aiming for athletic, you need muscle, and it's harder to build or even maintain that while starving.
My body weight is fine right now, in the low 140s, but I’m carrying extra fat on my stomach and, horribly, my jaw and cheeks that is driving me crazy.
You definitely don't need to be focussed on losing weight. You are already in the bottom half of the so-called 'healthy weight' BMI range. That might be fine for you, but most people's natural healthy weight is higher.
Same here- giving birth is exhausting and such a strain on your body. And then the lack of sleep, caring for a newborn, other little ones, is just like, well, utter exhaustion. I wouldn't want to be putting even more stress on my body by fasting. Nourishment is what one needs. You need to "baby" yourself as much as you can so you can get your stamina back.
+1.
And grab naps when you can.
But I got a UTI after second birth ...
Bad luck. If you ever think you are at risk again, I'd recommend trying a little cranberry juice once or twice a day during risk times. Makes it harder for UTI to get established (not enough to stop one that's set in, though).
I should make pate, or incorporate it into a meatloaf.
+1
I haven't succeeded in getting mine to eat it yet. But if you start young with a tasty recipe, you might inspire a nice habit for them too.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

But I don't know your situation, and I'm not an expert, but some thoughts ...
+1

That looks like an issue to me. Having a young baby and breastfeeding is a time when you and your baby probably need you to get more nutrition than usual. I'd be careful to eat enough, and cautious about fasting for more than short periods. I'd have concerns about trying to force weight loss by restrictive dieting while breastfeeding. (Normal calorie needs at such a time can be of the order of 3500 cals.)
With regard to fasting in general, I have no expertise, but my hunch is it's sometimes helpful as long as it's not excessive and overall nutrition is good, and sometimes harmful in any amount, depending on the state of the individual. Eg maybe a fast of a day once or twice a year might be good for some of us.

I can't think of any good reasons to do this. That would be a BMI of about 19.4, which is pretty low - near the bottom of the so-called 'healthy' range in the official scales (not that those ranges seem to make much sense), and probably not a healthy weight for most people. There's no reason particular to think it is where you need to be if it requires any restriction at all.
If you don't eat enough, you will be in energy deficit. And quite possibly short of other nutrition too. I think your body will mainly prioritise your baby's food over you as far as it can.
I don't think I saw any estimates of how much you are actually eating on average in a day? Normal for a healthy non-restricting nursing mother is probably over 3000, maybe more like 3500 according to Gwyneth Olwyn. If you haven't already, you can load a couple of typical days eating into cronometer or similar to see roughly what you are getting - calories and other nutrition.

Advising a breastfeeding mother to practice chronic severe calorie restriction seems potentially harmful to me.

Do you have any reason to think there is any risk of 'poisoning' from regular food?
Usually people want to stop eating before that, unless there is something else out of balance. Getting enough minerals, vitamins and protein in the food is also important.

+1
That's a risk. Having a baby uses your resources. If you run deficits, it's got to come from somewhere. The risk is to your organs, and your metabolisms (maybe also baby's if it's pushed too far).

This is my current view of it, subject to more info in the future.
Depends on state of metabolism and overall nutrition etc. Fasting may or may not mean overall calorie deficit. Some people can store more glycogen than others (can change over time), and so be more or less prone to run low.
In famine conditions (prolonged energy deficit), these are some of the mechanisms the typical body can respond with some mechanisms to survive:
  • reduce energy output (reduced NEAT, lethargy etc),
  • lower metabolism (eg body temps, non-survival hormones),
  • catabolise energy-expensive lean tissue,
  • defer repair and maintenance,
  • get into fat storage mode so that when a bit more food turns up it stores more of it as fat,
  • strong cravings for energy dense food.
History with food and stress, and possibly heredity, may influence to what extent each of these occur in different people.
Short-term fasting in someone who has never experienced famine may result primarily in fat loss to begin with.
For a minority of people, famine conditions seem to trigger increased energy levels and anorexia, which can be dangerous if it goes on.
It seems that men often have a bit more resilience for fasting than women. I think I've see refs to studies showing that the benefits that some men seem to get from IF are less likely to happen for women.

There doesn't need to be a race.

I recognise this problem (not that I'm using opioids or corticosteroids). Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could get the support they needed to find healthier ways to manage and try to recover. It's the mechanism of all kinds of addiction to some extent, too. In order to feel able to cope right now, doing things that will make the long term worse.

High fat low carb. He also acknowledged that it could negatively affect thyroid function in the long run.

+1
At least in the IF or extreme fasting trends. Of course there have been times when people have been forced to it by external conditions.

+1

+1

I'd encourage you to prioritise your health and your baby's health over some race for super lean shape. If you are aiming for athletic, you need muscle, and it's harder to build or even maintain that while starving.

You definitely don't need to be focussed on losing weight. You are already in the bottom half of the so-called 'healthy weight' BMI range. That might be fine for you, but most people's natural healthy weight is higher.

+1.
And grab naps when you can.

Bad luck. If you ever think you are at risk again, I'd recommend trying a little cranberry juice once or twice a day during risk times. Makes it harder for UTI to get established (not enough to stop one that's set in, though).

+1
I haven't succeeded in getting mine to eat it yet. But if you start young with a tasty recipe, you might inspire a nice habit for them too.
Good commentary all around.

You’re right that fasting need not mean a calorie deficit. I assume I’m in a mild calorie deficit because I’m currently losing about a lb every two weeks. I have a long but small frame and have felt and looked best around 135. I’ve never been anorexic and prefer the lean/athletic look to gaunt. I do strength training and have glutes and shoulders.

I don’t want anyone to think I’m endangering my baby! My milk supply is abundant and my baby is 94th percentile for length and 90th for weight and is hitting every developmental milestone early. He is also eating yogurt, cheese, cooked fruit purées, meats, eggs and even liver :)

I feel like my body stores a ton of energy in fat deposits during pregnancy and that it happily converts those fat deposits into milk when I’m nursing. Maybe fasting allows it to tap into those deposits better.

“Energy poisoning” is a phrase that the neurobiologist and obesity researcher Stephan guyenet has used to describe his working model of obesity. He thinks cells get poisoned when they are exposed to fat and glucose in excess of their needs.

He famously debated Gary taubes on joe rogan’s show earlier this year.

He’s not dogmatic, but seems closer to Chris Kresser and Weston a price in terms of diet. Super smart and good looking guy.

tara

I assume I’m in a mild calorie deficit because I’m currently losing about a lb every two weeks.
How many calories?
You seem likely to be in deficit. Your body may be doing other things to compensate, other than burning fat. In extreme cases, some people have maintained weight on under 1200 cals - which is very severe deficit, and not a way to sustain health.

I have a long but small frame and have felt and looked best around 135. I’ve never been anorexic and prefer the lean/athletic look to gaunt. I do strength training and have glutes and shoulders.
I'm a similar height to you, and when I've accidentally got down to around that weight, I've seen too many ribs and other signs of depletion. Feeling good can be a sign of good health, or of stress hormones kicking in. If you are restricting food, it could be the latter.

I don’t want anyone to think I’m endangering my baby! My milk supply is abundant and my baby is 94th percentile for length and 90th for weight and is hitting every developmental milestone early. He is also eating yogurt, cheese, cooked fruit purées, meats, eggs and even liver :)
:)
“Energy poisoning” is a phrase that the neurobiologist and obesity researcher Stephan guyenet has used to describe his working model of obesity. He thinks cells get poisoned when they are exposed to fat and glucose in excess of their needs.
I've come across some of Guyunet's writing - seemed interesting.
My impression is that cells need various other co-factors in order to be able to burn fuel effectively - appropriate hormones (eg thyroid, insulin), minerals, vitamins, oxygen, appropriate pH, body temperature, etc (and absence of inhibiting poisons). Any one substance (eg loads of glucose) without the others can get things out of balance. That may be consistent with Guyunet's view on glucose excess, I don't know. Peat has written about, and plenty in the forum have discussed, metabolism and thyroid hormones for one.
I think it would probably be a mistake to eat below appetite.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

I really ought to measure my calories intake and nutrition but it’s simply not feasible right now. I eat on my feet while preparing food for my kids. My guess is around 2000 calories. I do make sure I get over 100g of protein, mostly through skim milk and gelatin.

I’ve weighed and measured nutrition in the past and found it interesting but time consuming.

I assume my health issues (thin skin, varicose vein on my right leg, attenuated libido, a little belly fat) are effects of pregnancy and stress of caring for three little kids, and not because I’m undereating or have poor nutrition. I feel way better, and look way better, than I did when i was immediately postpartum and 50+ lbs heavier.

That said, I am all for experimenting with a RP diet in context of moderate calorie deficit to see if minimizing PUFA and getting more calcium etc will improve my condition.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

Interestingly, the hematologist I saw about my varicose vein leg while I was pregnant said that it was caused by my pelvic anatomy: that the expanding uterus was impinging on the vena cava and restricting the blood return from my leg to heat. I have relatively narrow hips. Which made unmedicated child birth excruciating.

I’ve heard RP say varicose veins in pregnancy resulted from hormonal changes.

lampofred

My guess is that the changes in skin quality and such after pregnancy happen due to the massive postpartum increase in prolactin. RP very recently wrote a newsletter about this and said a high milk intake is a good way to prevent/reverse unwanted postpartum changes.

Fasting would probably make things worse in the long-run because high prolactin is most fundamentally caused by low blood sugar.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

That’s interesting. I will up my milk intake.

I don’t feel hypoglycemic eating every day within an eight-hour window. but maybe some people do and that’s why IF doesn’t work for them

You can try eat simple sugars during the day, like eating some fruit, fruit juice, smoothie, and have a good meal at night, you then can get a calorie deficit without stress you out and without counting calories.

Peat talked about sugar fasts, where you eat 600-800 calories from sugar and nothing else, I tried it as a experiment to clean out for continuous protein intake and felt good.

Does he really advocated this?Sugar is by virtue of b-vitamin depletion so dangerous,
his advice is reckless in that regard.

I really ought to measure my calories intake and nutrition but it’s simply not feasible right now. I eat on my feet while preparing food for my kids. My guess is around 2000 calories. I do make sure I get over 100g of protein, mostly through skim milk and gelatin.

I’ve weighed and measured nutrition in the past and found it interesting but time consuming.

I assume my health issues (thin skin, varicose vein on my right leg, attenuated libido, a little belly fat) are effects of pregnancy and stress of caring for three little kids, and not because I’m undereating or have poor nutrition. I feel way better, and look way better, than I did when i was immediately postpartum and 50+ lbs heavier.

That said, I am all for experimenting with a RP diet in context of moderate calorie deficit to see if minimizing PUFA and getting more calcium etc will improve my condition.

Very well.Please do supplement with magnesium,Calcium is also quite the iffy substance.
And please eat clean meat,a lot of people cant handle dairy,it has different micronutrient Profile than
meat,Human is the only one who consumes the milk of another species,etcetc.
Baby-synthesis depleted you of micronutrients and Protein,i would go for 1.6g to 2.2g Protein per Kilogram of Bodyweight.
if under stress or rehabilitation, plus 50% on top.Liquids,like the Milc, have very short contact times with GI tract and low
absorption,if not eaten with another solid foodsource.And stay away from plain-sugar-fasts and other nonsense.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

Very well.Please do supplement with magnesium,Calcium is also quite the iffy substance.
And please eat clean meat,a lot of people cant handle dairy,it has different micronutrient Profile than
meat,Human is the only one who consumes the milk of another species,etcetc.
Baby-synthesis depleted you of micronutrients and Protein,i would go for 1.6g to 2.2g Protein per Kilogram of Bodyweight.
if under stress or rehabilitation, plus 50% on top.Liquids,like the Milc, have very short contact times with GI tract and low
absorption,if not eaten with another solid foodsource.And stay away from plain-sugar-fasts and other nonsense.

Thanks, my baby and I are doing great! I started menstruating again, which shows my hormone levels are normalizing, and my libido is back. My milk supply continues to be great.

I don’t supplement magnesium but think my diet probably provides it. I eat a ton in my eating window.

I’ve been drinking less milk and eating more homemade cottage cheese from skim milk. Today for breakfast I had skim milk with sugar and cocoa and coffee, about 8 oz of OJ, and probably a cup of cottage cheese with fruit and maple syrup.

For lunch I had about 4/5 of a lb of lean grass fed organic ground beef, two organic pastured eggs, a handful of grapes, a half cup of well cooked collard greens, and a bowl of mushroom soup with added collagen (pressure-cooked mushrooms blended with 2% milk).

I drink only carbonated mineral water (gerolsteiner) after lunch and feel great.

My chubby happy baby, who just turned 8 months, is pulling himself up to stand and is beginning to show signs of walking soon.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

Thanks, my baby and I are doing great! I started menstruating again, which shows my hormone levels are normalizing, and my libido is back. My milk supply continues to be great.

I don’t supplement magnesium but think my diet probably provides it. I eat a ton in my eating window.

I’ve been drinking less milk and eating more homemade cottage cheese from skim milk. Today for breakfast I had skim milk with sugar and cocoa and coffee, about 8 oz of OJ, and probably a cup of cottage cheese with fruit and maple syrup.

For lunch I had about 4/5 of a lb of lean grass fed organic ground beef, two organic pastured eggs, a handful of grapes, a half cup of well cooked collard greens, and a bowl of mushroom soup with added collagen (pressure-cooked mushrooms blended with 2% milk).

I drink only carbonated mineral water (gerolsteiner) after lunch and feel great.

My chubby happy baby, who just turned 8 months, is pulling himself up to stand and is beginning to show signs of walking soon.

I didn’t have any of it today because i was too full, but I made the most amazing soup with a fish stock from two whole bronzini we had last weekend. I kept the remains of the fish, including the heads, and pressure cooked those for an hour. It made the silkiest stock. Then I added to the stock canned oysters (so so so gross), about two lbs of flounder, and some 2% milk. And I blended it to make the boiled oysters less prominent. It was not bad! My kids didn’t love it, however.

ExCarniv

Does he really advocated this?Sugar is by virtue of b-vitamin depletion so dangerous,
his advice is reckless in that regard.

He said is ok doing it once in a while.

But you get plenty of B vitamins from fruits, juices, tubers and meat.

gabys225

@YamnayaMommy , I always felt that the "intermittent" style of fasting wasn't really a fast and more of a prolonged caloric deficit. I fast while following a peat-inspired diet and usually do 3-5 day fasts. I'll link you to a great video, that goes over a review where the basic extrapolation is: CICO (calories in calories out) style dieting resulted in 25% lean mass loss and 75% fat mass loss, where as the fasting group (that occasionally ate a surplus of calories, that's important) lost 10% lean mass and 90% fat mass loss.

While fasting, the upregulation of GH helps reduce the drop in IGF-1. You'll find mixed reviews from the good folks here on fasting. I tend to side with Andrew Kim, seeing it as a net positive (no calories may not be the best thing, but there is also zero consumption of PUFA or any inflammatory amino acids).

I strength train and most days I eat a surplus. I think the key is eating enough, which was a hard lesson for me. In the past, every supplement tanked my metabolism or gave me anxiety. Almost always the answer was to eat more. I think this is the balance that enables me to fast. Most people chronically under-eat, especially protein, then attempt a longer fast and get negative results.

Also, if you look up the posts that Travis has made about fasting you'll find a wealth of information.

Sometimes it feels like there's a terror amongst the Peat-minded to even go a few minutes without calories. I was like that for a few years, and that behavior plays out as stressful and was counter-intuitive to my goals.

Like you, I did not find fasting to be stressful. I treasure my own experiences above the collective wisdom so there's no cognitive dissonance that I'm destroying myself. I enjoy the peace that accompanies a fast, and like to think it's more just GABA floating around my brain.

Listening to your body is what it's all about. You shouldn't force yourself to fast or force yourself to eat. Easy! :-p

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

@YamnayaMommy , I always felt that the "intermittent" style of fasting wasn't really a fast and more of a prolonged caloric deficit. I fast while following a peat-inspired diet and usually do 3-5 day fasts. I'll link you to a great video, that goes over a review where the basic extrapolation is: CICO (calories in calories out) style dieting resulted in 25% lean mass loss and 75% fat mass loss, where as the fasting group (that occasionally ate a surplus of calories, that's important) lost 10% lean mass and 90% fat mass loss.

While fasting, the upregulation of GH helps reduce the drop in IGF-1. You'll find mixed reviews from the good folks here on fasting. I tend to side with Andrew Kim, seeing it as a net positive (no calories may not be the best thing, but there is also zero consumption of PUFA or any inflammatory amino acids).

I strength train and most days I eat a surplus. I think the key is eating enough, which was a hard lesson for me. In the past, every supplement tanked my metabolism or gave me anxiety. Almost always the answer was to eat more. I think this is the balance that enables me to fast. Most people chronically under-eat, especially protein, then attempt a longer fast and get negative results.

Also, if you look up the posts that Travis has made about fasting you'll find a wealth of information.

Sometimes it feels like there's a terror amongst the Peat-minded to even go a few minutes without calories. I was like that for a few years, and that behavior plays out as stressful and was counter-intuitive to my goals.

Like you, I did not find fasting to be stressful. I treasure my own experiences above the collective wisdom so there's no cognitive dissonance that I'm destroying myself. I enjoy the peace that accompanies a fast, and like to think it's more just GABA floating around my brain.

3-5 day fasts? That is a long time! How often do you do them? I reliably feel nauseated and shaky around the 20 hour mark and am unwilling to push myself now because I’m lactating.

One of my three younger sisters does 36-48 hour fasts once a week. She has a bad history of yo yo dieting. Plus two little kids. Probably about 5’8” and over 200lbs when she started IFing six months ago. She’s down like 50lbs and says IF has totally changed her appetite, corrected her emotional eating, and that she will practice it this test of her life. I’ve never seen her so happy as an adult.

My other two sisters and mother do time restricted eating. One of the other sisters is also nursing a newborn and therefore going easy with the fasting. The other sister, mother of five little kids, is done nursing and using IF to lean out, although she is a former athlete and had less to lose. Same for mother.

Everyone loves it and wishes it has become a “fad” a long time ago.

Yeah, I find fasting to be calming and the opposite of stressful. I would not be doing it if it were stressful or hard. It’s the only dietary practice that is easier to do than not to do.

How do I find travis’s material on fasting?

Send me the link to the video you mentioned if you get a chance.

D

danishispsychic

Here are my fave- not really fasts but .... The Master Cleanse, or . Coffee with milk, sugar, and gelatin , or Red Bull and Marijuana. My fave is the RedBull one bc for some reason and I don't know what it is , they work well together. I tried Red Bull alone, and it wasn't the same. I do Master Cleanse for about 2-3 days, coffee and RedBull for one day only. I like to fast... but shorter ones ( really liquid diets not fasts ) .

LUH 3417

Here are my fave- not really fasts but .... The Master Cleanse, or . Coffee with milk, sugar, and gelatin , or Red Bull and Marijuana. My fave is the RedBull one bc for some reason and I don't know what it is , they work well together. I tried Red Bull alone, and it wasn't the same. I do Master Cleanse for about 2-3 days, coffee and RedBull for one day only. I like to fast... but shorter ones ( really liquid diets not fasts ) .
Red Bull and marijuana does not cause anxiety for you? I feel like I’d end up eating a bag of chocolate truffles after trying to count my heart rate on the second hand of a watch only to realize time does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals