Does adenosine triphosphate Lower serotonin

Lostguy24

I’ve heard that adenosine triphosphate (atp) is lowered by serotonin but I’m wondering if (atp) does the reverse and antagonize serotonin

meatbag

I’ve heard that adenosine triphosphate (atp) is lowered by serotonin but I’m wondering if (atp) does the reverse and antagonize serotonin
I don't think it'd be very practical or cost effective to use ATP to lower serotonin. I think it lowers ATP because of its effect on the oxidative metabolism;

Gen Pharmacol 1994 Oct;25(6):1257-1262. Serotonin-induced decrease in brain ATP, stimulation of brain anaerobic glycolysis and elevation of plasma hemoglobin; the protective action of calmodulin antagonists. Koren-Schwartzer N, Chen-Zion M, Ben-Porat H, Beitner R Department of Life Sciences, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel. 1. Injection of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) to rats, induced a dramatic fall in brain ATP level, accompanied by an increase in P(i). Concomitant to these changes, the activity of cytosolic phosphofructokinase, the rate-limiting enzyme of glycolysis, was significantly enhanced. Stimulation of anaerobic glycolysis was also reflected by a marked increase in lactate content in brain. 2. Brain glucose 1,6-bisphosphate level was decreased, whereas fructose 2,6-bisphosphate was unaffected by serotonin. 3. All these serotonin-induced changes in brain, which are characteristic for cerebral ischemia, were prevented by treatment with the calmodulin (CaM) antagonists, trifluoperazine or thioridazine. 4. Injection of serotonin also induced a marked elevation of plasma hemoglobin, reflecting lysed erythrocytes, which was also prevented by treatment with the CaM antagonists. 5. The present results suggest that CaM antagonists may be effective drugs in treatment of many pathological conditions and diseases in which plasma serotonin levels are known to increase.

Source: Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.

OP
L

Lostguy24

I don't think it'd be very practical or cost effective to use ATP to lower serotonin. I think it lowers ATP because of its effect on the oxidative metabolism;

Gen Pharmacol 1994 Oct;25(6):1257-1262. Serotonin-induced decrease in brain ATP, stimulation of brain anaerobic glycolysis and elevation of plasma hemoglobin; the protective action of calmodulin antagonists. Koren-Schwartzer N, Chen-Zion M, Ben-Porat H, Beitner R Department of Life Sciences, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel. 1. Injection of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) to rats, induced a dramatic fall in brain ATP level, accompanied by an increase in P(i). Concomitant to these changes, the activity of cytosolic phosphofructokinase, the rate-limiting enzyme of glycolysis, was significantly enhanced. Stimulation of anaerobic glycolysis was also reflected by a marked increase in lactate content in brain. 2. Brain glucose 1,6-bisphosphate level was decreased, whereas fructose 2,6-bisphosphate was unaffected by serotonin. 3. All these serotonin-induced changes in brain, which are characteristic for cerebral ischemia, were prevented by treatment with the calmodulin (CaM) antagonists, trifluoperazine or thioridazine. 4. Injection of serotonin also induced a marked elevation of plasma hemoglobin, reflecting lysed erythrocytes, which was also prevented by treatment with the CaM antagonists. 5. The present results suggest that CaM antagonists may be effective drugs in treatment of many pathological conditions and diseases in which plasma serotonin levels are known to increase.

Source: Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.
Then what do I use to lower it

OP
L

Lostguy24

on the top right hand corner there's a search function, if you type serotonin you'll find a lot of information. Also there are some articles on Peat's website
I know I was being sarcastic but I have this peak atp supplement from swanson vitamin and was just wondering

meatbag

I know I was being sarcastic but I have this peak atp supplement from swanson vitamin and was just wondering
Yeah, I'm not sure that supplementing ATP would lower serotonin. It might have some opposing effects. Have you rited any yet and noticed anything positive or negative?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals