Does A Minor Sinus Issue Signify Being Allergic To Milk?

Hey all, whenever consuming milk, cheese, ice cream etc. Will develop small sinus issues. I am going to stop milk in diet soon to see for myself however I was wondering if anybody could clue me in to this?

When I say small sinus I just mean I'll have small amount of drainage in throat and remains clear.

shepherdgirl

Hey @Elchapchapchapo
Just saw this thread and was wondering: did you try giving up milk? did you find that it helped with your sinus issues? I seem to have a similar issue - drainage in back of throat, possibly some sinus congestion - so i am also considering giving up milk, but I was wondering whether anyone found this approach to be helpful.

SOMO

If any food is making your nose clogged or leak, that's undoubtedly histamine which is a classic "allergic" reaction.

Histamine can be released in smaller amounts and cause no noticeable side-effects, and histamine is also present in foods, especially cheeses. I'm much more of a fan of cheese than milk, and have never had any issue with cheese, so if you're reacting to milk, I would stay away from cheese as well temporarily.

Perhaps try consuming yogurt with your milk? Some people will say that yogurt = crap because the bacteria turn lactose into lactate/lactic acid, but yogurt digests much easier for me.

shepherdgirl

@SOMO
Thanks for your helpful reply. So you say it's histamine... at one point I suspected histamine to be causing facial flushing but thought I did not eat too many pickles or too much parmesan... but actually most of my diet has it, crap! I will have to try cutting back on it as much as possible and see if that helps. I am very grateful for the advice, thank you so much!!!

SOMO

@SOMO
Thanks for your helpful reply. So you say it's histamine... at one point I suspected histamine to be causing facial flushing but thought I did not eat too many pickles or too much parmesan... but actually most of my diet has it, crap! I will have to try cutting back on it as much as possible and see if that helps. I am very grateful for the advice, thank you so much!!!

Like most health issues, I imagine histamine will only be an issue for someone that already has some sort of damage. And once you heal that damage, you will be able tolerate these foods and extract more nutrition out of them.

I would also look into gut-healing protocols and experiment by removing the offending foods for a month and then retrying in a month.

When I wanted to test my tolerance for sugar, I had a day where I just pigged out on sugar. When I wanted to test my tolerance for protein, I had a day where I ate exclusively meat. You could do the same thing with dairy, cut it out for a week or a month and reintroduce it suddenly and abruptly into your diet, in a large quantity.

shepherdgirl

Like most health issues, I imagine histamine will only be an issue for someone that already has some sort of damage. And once you heal that damage, you will be able tolerate these foods and extract more nutrition out of them.

I would also look into gut-healing protocols and experiment by removing the offending foods for a month and then retrying in a month.

When I wanted to test my tolerance for sugar, I had a day where I just pigged out on sugar. When I wanted to test my tolerance for protein, I had a day where I ate exclusively meat. You could do the same thing with dairy, cut it out for a week or a month and reintroduce it suddenly and abruptly into your diet, in a large quantity.

Thanks for the ideas. Restriction, then eating huge amounts of the food in question seems like a great way to test one's tolerance.
As far as I know I have been drinking milk with abandon for 2 1/2 years and have never noticed this congestion before. It seems like it could have started in the last few months. So maybe I will be able to tolerate milk again at some point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals