Does A Low Fat Diet Lower Androgens? Study

Rock_V

Hey everyone! So I'm not an expert in dissecting studies and coming to conclusions but this study which I've linked seems to show that low fat diets decrease levels of androgens, including Testosterone and Dht.

The low fat diet appears to be relatively low in pufa too, and the study also takes into the account of linoleic acids inhibitory effects on 5alpha reductase.

What do you think about this study @haidut?

Low-Fat High-Fiber Diet Decreased Serum and Urine Androgens in Men | The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism | Oxford Academic

murdoc

an artificial low fat diet is probably low in fat soluble vitamins. furthermore the decrease was significant but not drastic.
but some fats seems to be beneficial for androgens. I think monounsaturated and saturated fats correlates well with their production. maybe cholesterol plays a role.
here is a study about high carb consumption that prove otherwise. Though the main focus was on carb/protein ratios. so not debunking the fat thesis.

Diet-hormone interactions: protein/carbohydrate ratio alters reciprocally the plasma levels of testosterone and cortisol and their respective bindi... - PubMed - NCBI

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals