Does A High Carb Diet Make You Feel Hot?

Such_Umami

I have been eating a very high carb diet with low fat. I have made sure that I am getting plenty of carbs 3,250+ each day. I am starting to feel hot and stuffy. Yesterday I opened all the windows to sleep. Could the excess carbs be causing this feeling?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I am getting plenty of carbs 3,250+ each day
Wow, 3250g carbs is like 12600 calories. That would definitely be generating a lot of heat.

All jokes aside, I have also experienced that when I was not in a good place metabolically. Starches with meat and salt made me burn up like crazy. It was really annoying because it was summer as well. So it was pretty inconvenient. I had to take cold showers all the time.

GreekDemiGod

Starch with meat makes my temps drop, it seems.
I'm eating 400 - 500g of carbs / day, haven't noticed feeling more hot, except more handsome.

Sidenote: I compared some pics of how I look now vs back in last summer, as a Carnivore. Thank God I got on high carb, I am glowing more, looking more youthful, less stressed.

laleto12

I'm eating 400 - 500g of carbs / day, haven't noticed feeling more hot, except more handsome.

Sidenote: I compared some pics of how I look now vs back in last summer, as a Carnivore. Thank God I got on high carb, I am glowing more, looking more youthful, less stressed.
exactly my toughts on “sidenote”
i miss the leanness tho. :D

EIRE24

What exactly have you added to your diet that’s different now from the carnivore diet? Also, I think salt is the biggest factor in heat production. Try salting your meals more

jet9

What do you eat for starch ? Potatoes ? Rice ? Pasta ?

Constatine

Excessive serotonin due to gut irritation could also cause this feeling but I doubt that's what this is. Its very normal for carbs to increase body heat for obvious reasons.

milkboi

Yess. Back in my carnivore days I really rocked that concentration camp look.

GreekDemiGod

What do you eat for starch ? Potatoes ? Rice ? Pasta ?
Potatoes and white rice.
That's from increased CO2 production.
Something I've been wanting to investigate a bit. Something doesn't feel right when I'm breathing. It's like I can't full exhale the air. Something in my abdomen is blocking it. Weird. I also have low cardio conditioning. I get tired easily.

@baccheion Are higher catecholamines associated with higher Dopamine? Cause I'm sure I'm not really a high dopamine individual.

milkboi

Potatoes and white rice.

Something I've been wanting to investigate a bit. Something doesn't feel right when I'm breathing. It's like I can't full exhale the air. Something in my abdomen is blocking it. Weird. I also have low cardio conditioning. I get tired easily.

@baccheion Are higher catecholamines associated with higher Dopamine? Cause I'm sure I'm not really a high dopamine individual.

Not baccheion, but the most important catecholamines are Dopamine, Noradrenaline and Adrenaline. I guess one could be high in the latter two without actually having a lot of dopamine activity.

TheSir

Something doesn't feel right when I'm breathing. It's like I can't full exhale the air. Something in my abdomen is blocking it. Weird. I also have low cardio conditioning. I get tired easily.
Ah yes I had this too when I was unfit and hadn't began practicing buteyko yet. Just biking or walking the stairs would make me feel like I'm not exhaling enough. This has mostly gone now.

tara

I wonder if it would help to get your diaphragm activated by deliberately observing and practicing, or put a belt around the chest for a while so your diaphragm has to get going? Make sure to keep mouth shut.

When you were carnivore and had less bloating, were you able to fully exhale the air?

GreekDemiGod

@Rafael Don't remember it being much different. I have a feeling it's down to inneficient CO2 production. Tried bag breathing and it makes me feel good and calming. Clears my nasal airways (not completely).
Not being bloated also makes me feel lighter.

@Rafael Don't remember it being much different. I have a feeling it's down to inneficient CO2 production. Tried bag breathing and it makes me feel good and calming. Clears my nasal airways (not completely).
Not being bloated also makes me feel lighter.
I see. If even with less bloating, the breathing was the same, then I agree, it must have something to do with CO2. Have you tried allithiamine? I remember reading that it solves a deficiency more quickly than regular thiamine, and haidut said that rats that were supplemented with it didn't develop any signs of b1 deficiency even months after stopping the supplementation. Thiamine is critical for CO2, and there was a graph on Travis' thread, I believe, which showed that the more thiamine is supplemented, the more CO2 is produced. Thiamine HCl tends to bloat me when I take a lot though.

How long have you had breathing problems for? I seem to have a similar problem, and it started suddenly when I was probably 8 or 9 years old, I think. Sometimes I wonder if it's a hernia.