Does a Fast Metabolism result in Fast Mind?

NotSoAlpha

Something I'm curious about, is whether speeding up metabolism results in an increase in the speed of information processing.

It seems logical to me that it would - I guess the question is how much of a difference?

Can anyone give their testimony? Like, somebody who has had a slow metabolism (hypothyroid or w/e) and is now burning it up at 98.6F or higher - how much faster can you process information?

I don't really mean a hyperactive mind either... that's more of an adrenaline feature. I'm thinking more like... being able to take in information, think about it, make decision, very quickly. Many times of games and sports require this kind of thinking ability which I am strongly hoping to improve. The ability to take in information quickly and then make a decision and then act on the decision.

Share your thoughts, thanks.

Curt :-)

Lowering serotonin makes my brain clearer. I guess it's faster, hard to say. Feels more balanced than faster. I can't really explain it lol.

Ray said that intelligent people generally have higher temperatures/good thyroid function.

pboy

it definitely does, but like Curt said...serotonin, and histamine, any allergen severly slows things down, fogs them up. If you even are not regular in bowel movements, this alone can severely impair math function I call it, which I use as a barometer...like how fast and instant I perform calculations. I really think bowel or water retention pressure are the worst things for mental function, and that's probably a serotonin connection. I think Ive heard Peat say this, and I already knew it for myself at least...but any inflammation
in the intestine, small or large, triggers a cascade of transmittors that then enter the bloodstream, and the brain starts producing more as well. Im huge on regularity early in the day because if not, it literally can ruin my day and mood is not only foggier, but un receptive to new good vibes...things just become rather dull, even music becomes duller...I think the heart gets suppressed as well

@pboy, love your insights on the smoking thread man. Do you happen to know why smoking can stimulate a bowel movement like coffee can? I'm a big fan of this effect because, like you, I've noticed how much clearer things are when the gut is happy and the bowel is empty. I feel like this kind of mental/emotional centredness is priceless.

pboy

no idea, its probably a different mechanism...I think with coffee its more a GI stimulant by maybe a slight irritant effect, but im not 100% sure...it could also just be sometimes that coffee is a dense source of liquid nutrition if you add milk and sugar and it actually in a healthy way just gives the energy to have a movement. With the smoke I think its more potentially by stimulating some kind of acetylcholine receptor. Tobacco seems to be a quicker effect, and the reason I like it is because its effects wear off pretty quickly and it hasn't added any more bulk at all. Im not actually quite sure exactly how it works though, but it definitely helps. If theres simply too much pressure or something causing the GI to not flow properly, not even tobacco or coffee can help it, its more just a time + energy intake thing, but if anything is kind of ready and the GI is pretty open, tobacco will send it right out. To many it might seem silly, but honestly I think mastering GI flow is one of if not the prime thing in regards to nutrition and overall health...the difference between having clear intestine and without water retention pressure on it, and then having those things...is so profound it literally is the difference between depression and not. Ancient yogis realized this and have many methods for perfecting this. Its literally been a 3-4 year journey for me with every day dedication and study and I still have more to improve on, but its so much better than before that im very happy with what ive managed to accomplish and sustain, and in fact I think im on the fast track right now to the best ive ever been. Ive found that it takes about, if the food/liquid is something easily digested, about 12-14 hours to move from in to out...from the time you stop eating. So if you stopped eating at 6pm, if all is well, no retention pressure, then by 6-8 am the next day you should have cleared everything out. Even the slightest imperfection can make there be lag time...and also it generally takes the next nutritive intake to provide the energy and mucus (lube) forming substances to move out the last thing you ate the night before. Theres supposedly a lot of breathing and stretching techniques to help this, as well as tricks like drinking heavy salt water or irritant herbs or prunes or something, but those are often too unpleasant and I really just don't do...the breathing and stretching might help...sometimes I think the fact that when I smoke I take slow deep relaxed breaths, and probably inhale some of what I exhaled, its naturally moving lymph just by the deep breaths, and that helps movement also. Right now im just trying to consume the easiest digestible with as little residue possible intake I can, stopping eating when it gets dark, and then wake up naturally a little before sunrise...usually first movement immediately, and then after I drink the first thing of the day, the next movement...and if all has gone well, that's everything from the day before and im then doped up with only forward clear thoughts...but if the day before there had been a dietary blunder, or id drinkin too much water and had some pressure in gut area, it might take a few more times of consuming food/liquid to move out the rest, usually by noon. Ive developed an acute sense of exactly what is happening in my gut so I pretty much always know...once you've felt what its like to be clear, then its actually not hard to tell when you aren't! I think serotonin and dopamine are directly oppositional, and serotonin is always raised whenever theres anything in the bowel or water retained in the gut...and as soon as its clear, theres a noticeable shift from hideaway help me thoughts, or nourish me thoughts, to I gotta go do something and share the love thoughts

Yes, but learning things from books and with busy teachers is still stressful and brings your health back down.

Very interesting. What kind of foods are you eating/avoiding to maintain this state, pboy?

@the OP, sorry for the hijack!! Though I do think the serotonin issue is the key to the effect you're looking for (hopefully).

pboy

yea they really go hand in hand, so it does address his question. Mostly milk and sugar brews, occasional root veg and fruit...there might be other things like gelatin dense broths or eggs that aren't bad either I just haven't messed with them so I dunno

OP
N

NotSoAlpha

Such_Saturation said:
Yes, but learning things from books and with busy teachers is still stressful and brings your health back down.

That's not stressful!! How can that be stressful? I would be so happy if I was functioning well enough to do proper study. One day I want to get a degree in something. This would please me, not stress me.

Right now I basically function like someone with mild dementia and I'm only 22. I only survive because I'm blessed enough to have family to look after me.

So anyway, on topic... pboy, I guess I should take up cigarettes? Try and poop more? I mean, I poop every day anyway, sometimes twice a day, so that seems good.

I'm going ALL IN with this ray peat thing and am going to do everything he suggests. I'm still reading more and more of his articles though along with Danny Roddy.

One thing though, you guys are into taking thyroid hormones right? Don't you need a prescription for those? And don't things like synthroid make your body stop producing it's own thyroid hormones?

OP
N

NotSoAlpha

pboy said:
yea they really go hand in hand, so it does address his question. Mostly milk and sugar brews, occasional root veg and fruit...there might be other things like gelatin dense broths or eggs that aren't bad either I just haven't messed with them so I dunno

Pboy I cannot drink milk it makes me sick. Gives me stomach cramping. CHEESE does not do this though, so I guess it's the lactose?

The thing is though, I didn't used to be this way. Few years back I used to drink milkshakes and be fine. I don't know how you can ACQUIRE lactose intolerance if you are already tolerant.

Root veg are good yes, I like mash potato. However the problem with fruits.... is they have very little calories. You'd need to eat buckets of them to get a substantial amount of calories.

Does fruit JUICE have the same benefits that you are talking about? Or does the fruit need to be intact, does it need the fibre? I drink orange juice.

pboy

na the fruit doesn't need the fiber, juice is good...but often commercial juices press them with peel and seed residue so some can be irritants...OJ is usually pretty legit...yea theyre low calories, I mostly just use fruit to get vitamin C, so a few servings at most. Not sure about the milk, it might just be the particular brand or quality or maybe an additive...you could try the route of just adding a little to coffee or cooking or something and then increase it to actually drinking. If you drink it straight its a bit hypotonic to human cells so it can be semi downing, its always better to have at least a little sugar or with a meal so it densifies it a little

Oranges have carcinogenic fungicide in the skin, so either buy organic or juice them yourself very very carefully.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals