Doc Gave Me Mirtazapine For Sleep, Is It Safe For Few Weeks Use?

DaveFoster

alldaychemist and NAC is all you need!
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if cyproheptadine bypasses liver metabolism when applied topically.

CaliforniaKat

I know this is an older thread but I'm wondering....

I have chronically high cortisol at all 4 points on a saliva test. I don't sleep at night because of that. And likely am not process g thyroid meds appropriately during the day either.

Doc just gave me Remeron to help sleep. 1/4 of a 15 mg pill knocked me out until 2 am, but them woke up sweating profusely, high body temp, and super high pulse (130s). Took over an hour but it did eventually come down....but scary!

Could the lowered cortisol response have pushed pooling thyroid out of bloodstream and into cells, thus causing essentially a huge hyperthyroid episode?

frant26

I know this is an older thread but I'm wondering....

I have chronically high cortisol at all 4 points on a saliva test. I don't sleep at night because of that. And likely am not process g thyroid meds appropriately during the day either.

Doc just gave me Remeron to help sleep. 1/4 of a 15 mg pill knocked me out until 2 am, but them woke up sweating profusely, high body temp, and super high pulse (130s). Took over an hour but it did eventually come down....but scary!

Could the lowered cortisol response have pushed pooling thyroid out of bloodstream and into cells, thus causing essentially a huge hyperthyroid episode?

I'm not sure what could've happened. Maybe adrenaline? Has this happened again?

I have been sleeping pretty well lately, but otherwise mirtazapine is my go-to sleep aid. Through trial and error, I found the best for me is taking less than 1mg (my capsules are 30mg, so one can last many months). I nibble a tiny bit and rub it in my gums/sublingually, distribute it around with my tongue. I can feel its sour taste and suddenly a very calming effect, it's amazing, like it's crushing down cortisol. Within 20-30 minutes it knocks me out. Waking up can be hard, but some strong coffee and I'm set for the day. Anything more than 2mg and -I do sleep- but feel like a zombie the next day.

You may want to try with a way lower dose.

CaliforniaKat

I'm not sure what could've happened. Maybe adrenaline? Has this happened again?

I have been sleeping pretty well lately, but otherwise mirtazapine is my go-to sleep aid. Through trial and error, I found the best for me is taking less than 1mg (my capsules are 30mg, so one can last many months). I nibble a tiny bit and rub it in my gums/sublingually, distribute it around with my tongue. I can feel its sour taste and suddenly a very calming effect, it's amazing, like it's crushing down cortisol. Within 20-30 minutes it knocks me out. Waking up can be hard, but some strong coffee and I'm set for the day. Anything more than 2mg and -I do sleep- but feel like a zombie the next day.

You may want to try with a way lower dose.

There were a lot of things that happened around that time period, from May to mid-July. I reacted to several medications, and have no idea why. There was a six week period of time when that happened where I had panic attacks and anxiety 24-7, and could not sleep for days. It started after stopping a 5-month regimen of berberine and theanine. Dizzy, racing heart, high cortisol, horrible panic attacks. I had no idea what was happening or what caused it. Still don't, but in retrospect it sounds very much like some kind of withdrawal. I just don't know from what. I had been taking between 200-600 mg of theanine, and up to 1500 mg of berberine. I ended up in the hospital, where I was given 700 mg gabapentin throughout the day and Remeron to sleep. The Gabapentin stopped the panic attacks, and Remeron helped sleep. I am weaning off the Gabapentin now, down to 200 mg so far. No panic, no anxiety, no feelings of high cortisol. Once done with the Gaba, I plan to wean the Remeron and see what happens. The Remeron currently makes me very tired, and I am assuming it is blunting cortisol. My most recent 4-point salivary cortisol test from last month showed a normal cortisol rhythm, but lowish cortisol the whole day (not scary low, but much below the averages). I want all of this out of my body, and hope I can sleep on my own. I didn't have sleep issues until this past February, when I was waking up several times a night, night sweats, etc. I had a small stroke in January, and docs in the hospital made me stop taking progesterone cream and DHEA I was taking. I can only surmise that it was a high cortisol caused by no longer having the two hormones to keep it in balance. I can't even with doctors right now, and just trying to get back to 'normal'.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals