Do You Wash Your Hands Thoroughly After Raw Meat?

lvysaur

I've always thought this behavior was massively overblown. People touch all the filthy things in the outside world, but are deathly scared of accidentally touching some fresh raw meat or seafood.

I don't really do any of this unless I've really gotten my hands dirty, or if I'm working with offal. Or if the texture is slightly slimy, which sometimes happens with chicken. If it's just a fresh steak or even a fresh chicken breast with a nice dry texture, I just do a very quick rinse, no soap. Never been an issue.

Logically, if it looks and smells okay, any bacteria on it are very few in number and shouldn't cause any problem.

R J

Restaurants not poisoning every second diner is proof the risk is overblown

Sheik

I do, yeah. I've never handled meat that didn't make my hands greasy so if I wasn't worried about germs I'd probably be washing my hands anyway.

pro marker

I've always thought this behavior was massively overblown. People touch all the filthy things in the outside world, but are deathly scared of accidentally touching some fresh raw meat or seafood.

I don't really do any of this unless I've really gotten my hands dirty, or if I'm working with offal. Or if the texture is slightly slimy, which sometimes happens with chicken. If it's just a fresh steak or even a fresh chicken breast with a nice dry texture, I just do a very quick rinse, no soap. Never been an issue.

Logically, if it looks and smells okay, any bacteria on it are very few in number and shouldn't cause any problem.
I've eaten every animal product you can imagine raw, and I rarely wash my hands after lol. but if I touch something I consider unnatural I freak out and I have to wash my hands immediately. if I eat liver or something messy and i need to grab something ill usually just run my hands through my hair to get it off, and then wash my hands one time after I'm done eating. also when I was disgusting teenager who masturbated way to much id always do the same, run my cum filled hands through my hair so could return to destroying people on black ops without getting my ps3 controller dirty. during this time my hair was so amazingly smooth and thick and healthy looking and id constantly get compliments on how great it looked. after a couple of years i realized it was easier to just eat it, so i stopped, and after that i stopped getting compliments on my hair :(

weird that i would turn out to be such a clean freak.

Steve

I've eaten every animal product you can imagine raw, and I rarely wash my hands after lol. but if I touch something I consider unnatural I freak out and I have to wash my hands immediately. if I eat liver or something messy and i need to grab something ill usually just run my hands through my hair to get it off, and then wash my hands one time after I'm done eating. also when I was disgusting teenager who masturbated way to much id always do the same, run my cum filled hands through my hair so could return to destroying people on black ops without getting my ps3 controller dirty. during this time my hair was so amazingly smooth and thick and healthy looking and id constantly get compliments on how great it looked. after a couple of years i realized it was easier to just eat it, so i stopped, and after that i stopped getting compliments on my hair :(

I am awarding you the TMI badge.
OIP.RbrfIsIoWgkVtveZiF1h6QAAAA

Hairfedup

Man what the hell....

mrchibbs

In the words of Chewbacca: "that old man is mad!"

Yep at first I was like oh that's definitely gross, but then I realized I'd glossed over the last part, yeah it's positively disgusting. I mean it probably makes sense, given the zinc content and all

Not sure if it's a joke or not, but it made me laugh either way

pro marker

I seriously lol'ed once I realized what I'd just read.
you guys wo
I seriously lol'ed once I realized what I'd just read.

you wont be loling when this forum discovers the secret to male pattern baldness was iman juice all along.
on a more serious note, i was young when i did this, like 13-14. i did try it again at age 18 for about two weeks and i had the same results. its very effective. its also very gross so i stopped.

mrchibbs

you guys wo

you wont be loling when this forum discovers the secret to male pattern baldness was iman juice all along.
on a more serious note, i was young when i did this, like 13-14. i did try it again at age 18 for about two weeks and i had the same results. its very effective. its also very gross so i stopped.

Haha props for being straightforward, and yeah as it ridiculous and disgusting as it sound, I'm pretty sure it could act as a good hair conditioner, so maybe you had something going there, sort of an eating your placenta type of vibe.

But really, everybody has luxuriant hair at 13-14 and I don't think it's because of that, I'm a guy and when I was 14 I had shoulder-length, thick, shampoo quality hair, it's just the hormones.

Back
Top Bottom