Do You Tolerate Leaves? What About Fruits?

lvysaur

I've noticed that despite leaves (spinach, kale, etc.) being the "safe" cellulose fiber, they give me the most discomfort.

Fruits, starches, and even legumes cause me less gas and overall poor health symptoms than leafy greens of any sort, despite having pectin and other highly fermentable fibers.

I've also noticed that I get a persistent bad taste in the back of my throat whenever I eat spinach/kale (but not when I drink their broth).

Fruit should be fully ripened, as it reduces the fiber content in favor of sugars. Tropical fruit such as cherimoyas, oranges, lychees, longans, guavas are the best. What did you try?

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

Fruit should be fully ripened, as it reduces the fiber content in favor of sugars. Tropical fruit such as cherimoyas, oranges, lychees, longans, guavas are the best. What did you try?

I don't think I can believe that. Whenever I go off fruit, my stools become a lot lumpier and harder to pass. The fruit definitely has fiber even at ripeness in my opinion; but the properties of the ripened fiber are different.

I eat all of those fruits save cherimoyas and guavas. I also eat cherries, bananas, mangos, and strawberries. All of these sit well when ripe.

I don't think I can believe that. Whenever I go off fruit, my stools become a lot lumpier and harder to pass. The fruit definitely has fiber even at ripeness in my opinion; but the properties of the ripened fiber are different.

I eat all of those fruits save cherimoyas and guavas. I also eat cherries, bananas, mangos, and strawberries. All of these sit well when ripe.

I didn't say they were fiberless, if you want that, go try very sweet orange juice from ripe oranges accurately straining the fibers. These fruits (cherries, bananas, mangos, and strawberries) you mention can all cause problems.

Richiebogie

Andrew Perlot is a raw vegan who eats about 2 heads of lettuce a day after his fruit mono meals! He prefers lettuce to spinach due to the lower oxalate content.

If you are after vitamin k1 and cannot digest raw greens then you could try blackberries.