Do You Think Supplementary Efforts At Increasing Metabolism Or Immunity Can Actually Suppress Them?

Peatogenic

Yes, assuming that your dietary needs are all being met. Can ramping up immunity, for example, depress it? Can antagonizing estrogen increase it? I'm sure there's many more examples..

LUH 3417

I believe so. In my efforts to lower estrogen by taking lots of progesterone, I became even more estrogenic, as evidenced by a bunch of moles popping up all over my skin and other physical symptoms.

Tarmander

Assuming all dietary needs are met is a big assumption because the gut is often the focal point of lower metabolism these days

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

"...when there is an abundance of pregnenolone, their side effects (estrogen and cortisol) are prevented or minimized.
...One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone." RP

Seems it would be hard to say how long it lasts if estrogen or cortisol levels are variable. But it's nice to hear that it improves pregnenolone production.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

"At the age of 50, about 4 mg. of DHEA per day will usually restore the level of DHEA in the blood to a youthful level. It is important to avoid taking more than needed, since some people (especially if they are deficient in progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid) can turn the excess into estrogen or testosterone, and large amounts of those sex hormones can disturb the function of the thymus gland and the liver.

People who have taken an excess of DHEA have been found to have abnormally high estrogen levels, and this can cause the liver to enlarge, and the thymus to shrink.

One study has found that the only hormone abnormality in a groupt of Alzheimers patients' brains was an excess of DHEA. In cell culture, DHEA can cause changes in glial cells resembling those seen in the aging brain. These observations suggest that DHEA should be used with caution. Supplements of pregnenolone and thyroid seem to be the safest way to optimize DHEA production." - RP

S-VV

Yes. When the cause of AIDS was unknown, the first hypothesis was that patients had an overstimulated immune system.

One old study mentions that “a stimulated immune system is a suppressed immune system”. Which makes sense considering the limited amount of available resources and the various immune arms that are mutually exclusive.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Yes. When the cause of AIDS was unknown, the first hypothesis was that patients had an overstimulated immune system.

One old study mentions that “a stimulated immune system is a suppressed immune system”. Which makes sense considering the limited amount of available resources and the various immune arms that are mutually exclusive.

An understimulated immune system is suppressed as well, no? Or do you think overstimulation is a different thing?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals